Total Votes: 8

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
HSE 18's or SE upgraded 18's

Hi All,

Newbie here, just been and bought a 57 SE Auto, Narvik black on Alpaca full leather, no tow bar!... Chopping in my 06 330i M sport which I absolutely loved and to be honest I am a bit reluctant to get rid, but 3 children has meant it no longer can be!

Anyway not picked up the landy yet but I am already looking to mod it! I wanted an HSE but this car came about in the right colour / trim / age and spec so I could not resist but it has got those little 17's that need to be changed. So what do you guys think I should swap them with? I want 18s and I am looking at either a set of HSE or the SE upgraded split spokes? At the moment I am thinking the SE split spokes as I think it gives a bit more of an OEM finish and doesn’t look like I am trying to make my SE look like a HSE!

I've already ordered my rear tv's and will be using the excellent guide on here to fit them and I plan to get some tints also, some clear indicators and the wheels and then I think i'm done...

As I said I'm a little bit in love with my bimmer so the move to the landy is a bit apprehensive... hopefully I will love it just as much but in a different way, either way do you guys out there have any advise in buying / owning a Freelander and can tell me I've done the right thing Wink Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76228 17th Sep 2010 11:02 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Lots of good offers on ebay for genuine Freelander HSE 18 and 19", most nearly new. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #76229 17th Sep 2010 11:46 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

My last 2 cars were 3 litre BMW's before getting my FR2 and I can honestly say I have not missed them one bit, much easier with 2 kids and a wife in tow Thumbs Up freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #76238 18th Sep 2010 9:25 am
ad210358

England 

Does the wife and kids mind being towed, surely thaey would be happier sat inside. Whistle

Post #76239 18th Sep 2010 9:32 am
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

ad210358 wrote:
Does the wife and kids mind being towed, surely thaey would be happier sat inside. Whistle

Laughing freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #76252 18th Sep 2010 1:37 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Get the style YOU like most, but I guess most FL2 owners would tell you go for the HSE- wheels.
Also went from a BMW 3-series to the LR, missed it at first but not no more Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #76287 18th Sep 2010 8:01 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

charrodine,
Hi and nice to say hello and welcome,
I have got my-self a set of these 18" HSE wheels and tyres a few months back and the great they seem still to be on sale ??
Your love the Fl2 when the Snow is on the Ground, BMW's are a little tail happy Rolling with laughter

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie..._500wt_928

All the best JP Thumbs Up

Last edited by jp on 18th Sep 2010 8:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #76288 18th Sep 2010 8:11 pm
blinged freelander

The FL2 isn't the car to have with 3 kids, unless you divorce Mum. You can squeeze them in, the boot isn't that large, but the larger Disco would suit more. That said the FL2 would have more room than the BMW.

Post #76289 18th Sep 2010 8:13 pm
ad210358

England 

jp wrote:
charrodine,
I have got my-self a set of these 18" HSE wheels and tyres a few months back and the great they seem still to be on sale ??
Your love the Fl2 when the Snow is on the Ground, BMW's are a little tail happy Rolling with laughter

Just be careful though the ones in the link are not HSE wheels similar but not the same, wouldn't want someone to buy them in error Whistle

Post #76299 18th Sep 2010 10:00 pm
Captain Worm

jp wrote:
charrodine,

Hi and thanks JP - these are actually the wheels I was thinking of getting.. I was under the impression that they are the standard upgrade available for the SE hence the poll! Does this seam a reasonable offer? and does anyone on here have any pictures of a black fl2 with them on? I quite like the idea of a brand new set with matching spare - I'm just not sure if i'd be able to get a decent set of HSE rims with tyres for much cheaper? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76332 19th Sep 2010 3:07 pm
Captain Worm

blinged freelander wrote:
The FL2 isn't the car to have with 3 kids, unless you divorce Mum. You can squeeze them in, the boot isn't that large, but the larger Disco would suit more. That said the FL2 would have more room than the BMW.

Thanks for that blinged freelander Confused I've already done the deed now so I hope it'll do Wink

TBH I looked at the Disco first and whilst I liked it things like size (we park in a courtyard with limited space) running costs and the fact that I'd be longing after Disco4 has put me of. When I checked out the FL2 on the wifes recommendation I was actually pleasantly surprised with how roomy the rear seats are (we can certainly get my 3 on booster, low back booster and a britax group 1 front facing thing with ease) and the boot was decent enough plus the fact it was a hatch.

When we were looking for a car we had pretty limiting criteria (such as no estates cus mrs h thinks they are not sexy, must have decent image and a decent drive and must fit 3) and from the shortlist the FL2 won!!! I'm just looking forward to getting it now Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76333 19th Sep 2010 3:15 pm
ad210358

England 

Check out Chicken Georges wheels on this thread Black Freely with the wheels you desire.
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic6590.html

But you could do worse with these, not my cup of tea but the boots alone are worth the Buy it Now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREELANDER-2-TRIPLE-...2a0a3b3404

Post #76337 19th Sep 2010 3:44 pm
Captain Worm

ad210358 wrote:
Check out Chicken Georges wheels on this thread Black Freely with the wheels you desire.
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic6590.html

But you could do worse with these, not my cup of tea but the boots alone are worth the Buy it Now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREELANDER-2-TRIPLE-...2a0a3b3404

Thanks for that - look alright to me although it looks like some stck has been given for them...

As for the triple sports - really not my cup of tea at all!

HSE wheels it is then! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #76339 19th Sep 2010 4:09 pm
ad210358

England 

Given stick No................ Whistle He takes it in the kindway it is meant and gives as good as he gets Thumbs Up

Check Mcphersonstruts gallery for HSE wheels not in Black though but you will see the class difference Thumbs Up

Post #76342 19th Sep 2010 4:32 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Original HSE wheels:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #76387 20th Sep 2010 7:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1