Home > My Freelander 2 > New MY2011 ordered from Lookers Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
DervFan

England 
New MY2011 ordered from Lookers Park Royal

Hi All,

Have been a lurker on your forum for a while - obviously using your valuable experiences and talking to a number of dealers in the East of England, Marshalls Cambridge, Lookers Chelmsford and Bishop Stortford.

Currently driving a BMW 325d Touring and need something a little more 'robust' for the winter months and occasional towing of my quad bike.....

Having looked at a variety of cars, Volvo XC60, XC70, Mitsubishi Outlander, VW Tiguan (don't ask! Laughing ), Audi A4 AllRoad, etc - finally settled on FL2.

Had spoken with Matthew Gurney@LPR in January and had given some thought over the last few months - trying various other marques.

Was going to buy a new MY2010 for end of quarter (to secure 0% APP), when LPR were able to do a great deal on MY2011 for a delivery in November. So finally ordered a MY2011 FL2 TD4 HSE this week from Lookers Park Royal.

FL2 TD4 HSE Manual MY2011
Stornoway, Ebony + Piano black, Privacy, Full-size spare

Absolutely delighted with service from LPR and a big thank you to Matthew Gurney Thumbs Up for all the call backs, emails and generally answering all my questions - yes I know I have been a pain in the Censored

So fingers crossed sometime (mid-November hopefully) I shall be taking a drive over to LPR to collect my new MY2011. Milestone

Obviously between now and then I'll have some time to kill so will stop by Mr. Green

Cheers, Simon.

Post #76202 17th Sep 2010 6:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Nice one Thumbs Up

The wait hopefully will pass quickly Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #76207 17th Sep 2010 7:11 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thanks so much for the feedback and your order (obviously)! Matthew will be chuffed to bits with his special mention! If you believe that you were a pain, then don't as we're well used to lots of exchanged emails and questions (it's why we're there).

Thanks again and hope to see you on the big day.

James Thumbs Up

Post #76209 17th Sep 2010 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DervFan

England 

Thanks NPinks - your earlier PM this year helped with my purchase decision. Whistle

Cheers James - happy to pass on the feedback. Appreciate all the help so far and look forward to the continued dialogue between now and collection day. Thumbs Up 

Click image to enlarge

MY2011 FL2 TD4 HSE | Stornoway Grey | Ebony Leather | Piano Black Trim | 18" Standard Wheels | Privacy Glass | Full Size Spare
MODS | Side Tubes | 19" Diamond's |

Post #76217 17th Sep 2010 8:31 pm
DervFan

England 

Looks like I'll be collecting a week tomorrow..... Whistle Car is confirmed in build. Thumbs Up

Off to LPR to sort out the paper-work and registration details.....

Thanks to Matt and Barry at LPR Cool 

Click image to enlarge

MY2011 FL2 TD4 HSE | Stornoway Grey | Ebony Leather | Piano Black Trim | 18" Standard Wheels | Privacy Glass | Full Size Spare

Post #78463 15th Oct 2010 3:00 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Good stuff! It'll be the first customer FL2 11my we've delivered and the last until late November. Whistle

You'll be one of very few on the road! Laughing

Look forward to seeing you next week! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Post #78464 15th Oct 2010 3:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

queue the sleepless nights Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #78465 15th Oct 2010 3:22 pm
DervFan

England 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Good stuff! It'll be the first customer FL2 11my we've delivered and the last until late November. Whistle

You'll be one of very few on the road! Laughing

Look forward to seeing you next week! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Thanks James - popped in today to see Barry and Matt to sort out the paper-work. Thumbs Up

npinks wrote:
queue the sleepless nights Smile

Looking forward to next weekend Mr. Green 
Click image to enlarge

Post #78516 16th Oct 2010 5:24 pm
DervFan

England 

Build was pushed-back a bit due to QA for new MY11 differences....

Like Boolia looking forward to collecting on Saturday Thumbs Up 3 days and counting..... Cool 

Click image to enlarge

Post #79351 27th Oct 2010 10:23 am
Lookers Park Royal

DervFan, we are still waiting for it to be released and are actually sending our own transport company to collect it from Halewood, otherwise it would be looking at next week. We desperately need them to release it today. Rolling Eyes

They have gone from 5 days and 2 shifts to 7 days and 3 shifts as I understand it, so hopefully it will help to get them through the gates. Shocked

It will still be only the 2nd 11my to LPR! Thumbs Up

Post #79353 27th Oct 2010 10:36 am
Lookers Park Royal

Pictures speak a thousand words Whistle ...................................

Just a sneak-peek as I'm sure that DervFan will want to post a few of his own!!! Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #79420 28th Oct 2010 1:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i bet somebodys starting to be giddy Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #79430 28th Oct 2010 2:29 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Even I'm getting excited about this one!! Laughing Hope you don't mind the poor quality photo's being posted DervFan, but thought you would like to see them!!

Hopefully the pictures have enough obscured so as not to spoil the excitement on Saturday! Question Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #79432 28th Oct 2010 2:49 pm
DervFan

England 

Pictures speak a thousand words Whistle ...................................

Just a sneak-peek as I'm sure that DervFan will want to post a few of his own!!! Wink

James Thumbs Up

Even I'm getting excited about this one!! Laughing Hope you don't mind the poor quality photo's being posted DervFan, but thought you would like to see them!!

Hopefully the pictures have enough obscured so as not to spoil the excitement on Saturday! Question Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Looking good...... Whistle Now the countdown begins Mr. Green

Thanks James Thumbs Up 
Click image to enlarge

Post #79451 28th Oct 2010 5:20 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Do you know what? If all dealers, of any car manufacturer, provided the same sort of service on their car brand internet forums as Lookers do, then many more sales would be had. Thumbs Up

Yes, it can be a double edged sword for the dealer, but Lookers seem to have made the grade here Bow down

BTW - I have no connection with Lookers, nor have I ever bought anything from them. But if I was looking for another LR product, then they would be on my shopping list. Thumbs Up Chris

Post #79456 28th Oct 2010 7:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>