« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
Parking sensors

Can you let me know if any of you are having problems with your parking sensors beeping when the car has been stood in rain for a while?

My front sensors give the solid beep tone to say i am about to hit something, when there is nothing near, LR have had it in 4 times, replacing one sensor saying it was showing that water had been into it. But it has started to do this again. Banging Head

I know some have said they have a problem with the beeping sound been too quiet, but mine are fine.

Post #4579 13th Jul 2007 11:42 am
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Re: Parking sensors

npinks wrote:
Can you let me know if any of you are having problems with your parking sensors beeping when the car has been stood in rain for a while?

My front sensors give the solid beep tone to say i am about to hit something, when there is nothing near, LR have had it in 4 times, replacing one sensor saying it was showing that water had been into it. But it has started to do this again. Banging Head

I know some have said they have a problem with the beeping sound been too quiet, but mine are fine.

No not had any problems with them yet , But thanks for the info.

Post #4599 13th Jul 2007 8:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

My FL2 is six-months old today and I have had no problems with the parking sensors, or any other serious problems with the electronics for that matter.

My wipers sweep the screen once when I start up if I have left them on auto and I sometimes have to press the radio channel button twice to change channel. Other than that, no probs and no software update yet.

Post #4601 13th Jul 2007 8:52 pm
looney_loey

United States 
Re: Parking sensors

npinks wrote:

I'll let you know in awhile, im about to do a car wash Laughing

npinks wrote:
My front sensors give the solid beep tone to say i am about to hit something

I wouldn't know dude...North Am versions doesn't have front sensors Sad we only have reverse parking sensors. Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4604 13th Jul 2007 9:55 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

The front sensors should turn off automatically at 10mph. I'm just wondering if your sensors have turned themselves off. I did notice the front sensors beep on the 1/2 day off road course when I had just reversed and then slowly drove forward through a large puddle. It was also raining at the time. When I later increased speed all was ok as the sensors had turned off automatically by themselves.
Could you give me a more detailed description of when it is happening, and what sort of driving you have been doing just before you stop and it beeps.

waaxh03

Post #4636 14th Jul 2007 10:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

waaxh03 wrote:
The front sensors should turn off automatically at 10mph. I'm just wondering if your sensors have turned themselves off. I did notice the front sensors beep on the 1/2 day off road course when I had just reversed and then slowly drove forward through a large puddle. It was also raining at the time. When I later increased speed all was ok as the sensors had turned off automatically by themselves.
Could you give me a more detailed description of when it is happening, and what sort of driving you have been doing just before you stop and it beeps.

waaxh03

They turn off as you describe and work as they should, but if the car has stood in the rain, the front sensor gives the continuous beep saying i am about to hit something when they are turned on by either selecting reverse or pressing the button manually. I have no problems in the dry with them. LR have stripped them down and found one was corroded and replaced it, but the problem is still causing the beeping.

They have said water must be tracking down into the sensor or the wiring, apparantley the contol unit is within the cars boot area, so water can not get into that, so they have said it has to be somewhere between the control unit and the sensors where the water ingresses.

Even when it has stopped raining they do this until the car has dried a little.

It really annoying as when its raining and the sensors are continuously beeping, you don't know if its the fault or a object that might be about to dent the bumper. Thats when you need them the most.

Post #4637 15th Jul 2007 12:19 am
matteo

Italy 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

No problems with parking sensors in the rain.
Sometimes when I park in the city the people that walk nearby the car are read as an obstacle and I can't understand if the sound is an artefact of the people or a real obstacle.

Post #4642 15th Jul 2007 7:49 am
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I now understand what is happening. I haven't had any problems with the sensors and have been in some heavy rain. Maybe you could find out if is the front or back sensors by using a hose pipe on only half the car in turn. I would lift the spare wheel cover and check for water leaks in the boot.
Sorry I can't be more help but LR should be able to sort this out.
Keep us informed.

waaxh03

Post #4655 15th Jul 2007 8:21 pm
chrispayne1958

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

We have had the same problem with our FL2. This has happened on several occasions ALWAYS when the car is wet. Not had the car back in at the dealers yet but will now I know it is a common issue.

Post #4677 16th Jul 2007 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

chrispayne1958 wrote:
We have had the same problem with our FL2. This has happened on several occasions ALWAYS when the car is wet. Not had the car back in at the dealers yet but will now I know it is a common issue.

Might be just us from west yorkshire that are effected!!!

Mine will be back in after my holidays

Post #4680 16th Jul 2007 11:09 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Front sensors on continuosly yep happened to me monday. Car was BONE dry, just another 'glitch to add to the list Banging Head

Post #4717 18th Jul 2007 8:34 pm
Rooleeds

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

npinks wrote:
chrispayne1958 wrote:

Might be just us from west yorkshire that are effected!!!

Mine will be back in after my holidays

Yep, This has happened to mine a couple of times but only in the heaviest rain, (like most recently).
I just assumed that water drops or streams running of the bonnet/bumper, over the sensors fronts, were making it beep.
I'll get it looked at by the dealers to see if there is any water ingress/corroded sensors or wiring etc.
By way, im also in West Yorkshire, maybe theres a common reason here - all this bloody rain! Big Cry Laughing Freelander2 2.2 TD4 HSE, All Black, Full Sports body kit, Black side bars, Shadow Chrome 19"'s, Shadow Chrome Mirror Covers, F & R Lamp Guards, Privacy glass.

Post #4804 21st Jul 2007 3:15 pm
DLDisco3

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Is it normal that the front sensors only activate manually? Embarassed
The rear ones active automatically when reversing...

The ones on my D3 active automatically front and rear, so I almost hit the wall the first time I drove the ms's FL2... Whistle

Post #4825 23rd Jul 2007 9:13 am
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

DLDisco3 wrote:
Is it normal that the front sensors only activate manually? Embarassed
The rear ones active automatically when reversing...

The ones on my D3 active automatically front and rear, so I almost hit the wall the first time I drove the ms's FL2... Whistle

The front sensors should activate automatically only after you engage reverse gear.

If you do not reverse first , you need to activate the front ones manually!

Post #4827 23rd Jul 2007 11:32 am
DLDisco3

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Strange...

So when parking behind someone, I first need to activate them? Rolling Eyes

It's easier with the D3 then, full auto Mr. Green

Post #4830 23rd Jul 2007 12:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>