Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Another what's it worth (sorry!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Daz Bogey

Another what's it worth (sorry!)

Well, after a fantastic 9 months of trouble free ownership i am looking to sell my Santorini black 09 FL2 XS with 13k miles and remaining manuf warranty (ex demo, 1 owner).

Has bluetooth, front/rear parking sensors, half leather (with contrasting dark blue cloth), climate, cruise, HDC, CD and all the other goodies that come on the XS.

Due to family reasons and needing another car, i'm reluctantly selling the FL2 and buying two cars in it's place

Would welcome all estimates (and offers by pm ;-0)

Thanks

Post #75617 9th Sep 2010 7:26 pm
blinged freelander

Post #75618 9th Sep 2010 7:37 pm
ad210358

England 

ad15 was on the lookout for a Freelander, may be sorted now but you could pm him.

Post #75622 9th Sep 2010 8:11 pm
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

How much do you want for it? Assuming it has Sat Nav ?

Many thanks

Post #75690 10th Sep 2010 9:02 pm
Daz Bogey

It does have Sat Nav - a TomTom One which fits nicely in the hole in the dash!

I'm looking for around £22k - after a quick sale so make me an offer (nothing silly please mr blinged freelander)

Post #75745 11th Sep 2010 4:58 pm
blinged freelander

Daz, I am never very far off the mark with price, the value I gave was roughly 1k more than Webuyanycar and YOU DID ASK! So don't shoot the messenger! In any case I dont want your car, just trying to oblige, so nothing to gain.

I understand like most punters you are after as much as you can get, but you are selling for cash, not a trade in. I use Glass's Trade. The price I gave you was for a private sale. I'll bet you 100 quid you'll never sell for 22k, I am that confident, unless it's your brother in law thats buying! PLUS you said you wanted a quick sale, so you can take an appropriate amount off my estimate for that too. Something really is getting lost in translation here. There isn't a car being built that doesn't loose money from day one. LR are no exception to that rule. It's realistically a 25k car, no matter what extras are on it - it's the non Satnav XS/08MY or list price you paid, excluding your Garmin, and you think you should only loose 3k! Sorry, but wake up.

If you still doubt me, ask on the FFRR site, guy on there trade values or Lookers PR re price. Rolling Eyes

Apology accepted!

Post #75752 11th Sep 2010 6:39 pm
Daz Bogey

FYI i ran it through webuyanycar and was offered close to £20k, therefore i figured the retail mark up would be around £4k and thus i'd split the difference at £22k for a spotless car with a desirable spec, below average mileage and warranty remaining

(apology not forthcoming)

Post #75783 12th Sep 2010 2:06 pm
ad210358

England 

Daz, looking at what LR have on the Used Car List an XS with similar mileage and spec is on the forecourt for £25k the thing that is odd about this is the same spec and mileage can be found on another dealers forecourt in the same county at under £20k Question

Post #75787 12th Sep 2010 2:38 pm
Daz Bogey

God knows how they come up with their prices - maybe i should contact my local dealer and see if he'll offer me £22k as i'm sure he'd welcome a tidy £3k mark up (if he can get it)

On the other hand, maybe they're stocking up for winter when everyone will be after one (again!)

Post #75829 12th Sep 2010 9:47 pm
blinged freelander

A dealer will want a lot more than a 3k mark up! You might be the only person on here that doesn't think so, but it's the truth. Thats life I am afraid! Christ, Stratstones gave me 8k for a FL1 two years ago and then stripped it of any extras before shoving an extra 4k on it for the forecourt.

Post #75857 13th Sep 2010 9:23 am
Bone

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Rimini Red

As per the dealer Glass's Guide and not that god awful one they sell in WH Smiths, the September vaulation is as follows.

Guide Trade Price £20575
Guide Retail price £22675

But as it says in the title this is only a guide and unfortunately the vehicle is only worth what someone will pay for it.

As many of you are aware I work in the motor trade and it really narks me when people say they have only given me £20000 for my car but they are selling for £22995.

If you were going to by a car from a dealer i am sure you would want it Serviced, MOt (if Required) any cosmetic work repairing ect ect. People sellinbg their cars always say they are immaculate however when we then go to sell them the prospective buyer always and i mean always finds something wrong with it. Anyone in the motor trade will back me up on that!

Also we have to take into account how much the vehicle may depreciate whilst we have it in stock. If we have the vehicle for 40-90 days it may be worth upto £600 less than when we bought it. The percieved mark up has now dewindled quite a bit after we have paid for that and then out of any remaining profit we then have to pay vat and other associated costs.

Remember you are not trading the vehicle in, you are selling it, I am sure with LR but I may be wrong, that they will have a healthy margin in their new vehicles (Mind you not all manufacturers offer this luxury, thanks Kia and Suzuki) which all goes towards boosting your part ex price.

If i was to buy that vehicle for stock i would want to pay closer to £18000 however, if i was average Joe Public wanting to by the car privately and without any knowledge of how the markets work i would probably pay £21500 but given the fantastic offers available from LR at the minute my money would go to the dealer everytime. Gone S383 ABA Freelander 2.0 XEDI Rioja Red
Gone NT02 CUA Freelander 2.0 TD4 ES Blue
Gone ND06 URU Freelander 2.0 TD4 Rimini Red
Gone NA56 VJN Freeelander 2.0 TD4 Black
HERE OE07 JRX Freelander 2.2 TD4 XS Rimini

Post #75862 13th Sep 2010 9:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1