« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Keith Gott Landrover - Alton
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
Keith Gott Landrover - Alton

Anyone got any feedback for this guy ? Thinking of getting some bits. We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #75491 8th Sep 2010 6:52 pm
athelstan

No - but - I'd be interested to hear if they are price competitive and efficient in handling your enquiry.

I'm in the process of placing a parts order which will also require painting to body colour match. Official LR UK Dealer parts prices are between 30 to 60% cheaper than those charged here in CH - but - CH dealers will get back to you with a fixed quote within 48hrs max. Usually in 24. Efficient if not very pricey.

My experience so far when contacting official UK LR Dealers direct is that they say "yeah can do", then take weeks to comeback (indeed if at all) with a price, and then it seems there's a cartel in operation out there. All quotes received to date on this particular project are within a couple of quid of each other. Competitive free market ?*!

And I was astonished by one response: quote "can supply the parts but the body colour "Ipanema Sand" is unavailable here in the UK". I told him the LR colour code number and the fact that it appears on the LR web site -new cars - FL2 MY2010.

Currently I'm awaiting a response from the site sponsor (got an immediate "out-of-office" reply) no problem with that, I'm patient and will see what happens upon his return to work next week.

Post #75545 9th Sep 2010 5:33 am
W.D.C.A.P.H.

I'll ask for you mate. We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #75564 9th Sep 2010 12:02 pm
Lookers Park Royal

athelstan wrote:
Currently I'm awaiting a response from the site sponsor (got an immediate "out-of-office" reply) no problem with that, I'm patient and will see what happens upon his return to work next week.

If this was us then Andy is on his holidays. If you send the email to barryhurley@lookers.co.uk he should be able to assist in Andy's absence. If it is not us then apologies for the assumption! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #75567 9th Sep 2010 12:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
athelstan

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
athelstan wrote:

If this was us then Andy is on his holidays. If you send the email to barryhurley@lookers.co.uk he should be able to assist in Andy's absence. If it is not us then apologies for the assumption! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

James
Yes I sent it to Andy - no problem in waiting for his return. I congratulate Lookers on their message handling.

A branch of one of the large national LR Dealer chains hasn't the courtesy to install such a simple effective response mechanism. I waited n waited for a response, 10 days later I 'phoned only to be told quote "Oh, I've been on holiday - not got round to checking my emails yet". Needless to say I told him not to bother checking my enquiry. I won't name names but my guess is they couldn't "marshall a sheriff's picnic".

Post #75571 9th Sep 2010 12:19 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

Athelstan, check PMs. We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #75601 9th Sep 2010 3:52 pm
athelstan

W.D.C.A.P.H
Thumbs Up

Post #75613 9th Sep 2010 7:04 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

Although it was more advice than sales I was after, the guys helped me out and answered all my questions. Thumbs Up We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #75619 9th Sep 2010 7:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1