« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hit And Run Drivers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Hit And Run Drivers

My Girlfriend has just came in in tears After seeing damage to her car. Ive just looked at our CCTV and seen a car reverse into the side of hers and drove off. Unknown to that little scumbag hes been caught red handed. Passed on info to police and they have caught him and he confessed. Thought he could get away with it in the hire car he had. WRONG. What a result, hes Censored Just goes to show CCTV can save you a fortune in the long run Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Censored Mr. Green

Post #74815 29th Aug 2010 11:18 am
Junior

England 

Nice one, Caught the little urchin Thumbs Up Did he put your cat in the wheelie bin too? Laughing

Post #74835 29th Aug 2010 2:40 pm
superspark

lol if he had of put my cat in the bin that too would of been caught on CCTV and he would now be chewing his testicals Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #74847 29th Aug 2010 6:53 pm
ad15

nice one.. Thumbs Up

shame the garden centre would not give me the cctv footage of my D3 drivers door being caved in right underneath it.. Evil or Very Mad

Post #74849 29th Aug 2010 7:30 pm
superspark

Sorry to hear about that mate. Its a real shame that we need CCTV in the first place.
Hears an interesting story. Came back today from a walk only to find that all the dust caps from our Two cars and work van have been lovingly nicked. Banging Head Banging Head Back to the CCTV, got them on there went out and hunted him down,found him with his mother.
Told them hes on camara and i want all my caps back or its the police Rolling with laughter got them all back,its not much money but its the princible. Now ive just witnessed a silly old woman drive into the back of my work van while parking, Wat the Censored Eggs on their face as i have a towbar fitted,no damage to my van shame about their car Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #74888 30th Aug 2010 5:29 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

ad15 wrote:
nice one.. Thumbs Up

shame the garden centre would not give me the cctv footage of my D3 drivers door being caved in right underneath it.. Evil or Very Mad

In that situation, there is a case of criminal damage and as such, you are entitled to expect the help of the police. They would then visit the garden centre to obtain copies of their footage for investigation. Not sure about the law but I suspect if they were to refuse access to the police they would potentially be impeding a criminal investigation which could also lead to prosecution.

Post #74889 30th Aug 2010 5:51 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Living and working on the South Circular Road, we get some pretty strange incidents, bearing in mind that a high proportion of the drivers around here have no licence or insurance. I've twice had people drive into the back of me completely demolishing the front of their cars, and then driving off really fast. Both times there wasn't a scratch on my Landie, heh heh. A more worrying one though was a female colleague who was driven into by a bloke in a van. When she asked for his name and address he tried to beat her up. Luckily there were a few people around with the right attitude. All in all I'm quite grateful for the new cameras, although one did get me for accidentally driving in a bus lane. Fair cop, alas.

Post #74890 30th Aug 2010 6:10 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Had a woman hit me whilst working roadside in Amersham the other week and she did not stop, only brused my elbow but it was nearly worse. Saw her again at my next drop at Little Chalfont and she drove off as I went to speak to her. Quite scary when you find yourself traped between a HGV and a car. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #74893 30th Aug 2010 7:10 pm
ad15

AndyT wrote:
ad15 wrote:
nice one.. Thumbs Up

In that situation, there is a case of criminal damage and as such, you are entitled to expect the help of the police. They would then visit the garden centre to obtain copies of their footage for investigation. Not sure about the law but I suspect if they were to refuse access to the police they would potentially be impeding a criminal investigation which could also lead to prosecution.

the police were actually VERY helpful,, they tried to "encourage" teh garden centre to hand over any footage, BUT the law is that as it's on private land and is a private camera they are not obliged to hand it over,,

they even tried the "impeding a criminal investigation" line but no joy,,,,

my brother and his swmbo are both coppers,, spoke to him at length trying to get the footage but nothing anyone can do about it,

even the copper suggested the reason was because it was one of them,,, the police then asked the local paper to put it in for witnesses, but the paper pulled the story...

Post #74894 30th Aug 2010 7:16 pm
Missing Link

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

I think there has been something on TV in the last few days (the One Show). There was a problem in a Barclays bank and the CCTV may have revealed info to help.

It seemed to indicate that under the Data Protection Act if a premesis is open to the public you have a right to see CCTV even if it is private property. This is why there is a requirement to put up signs declaring the use of CCTV and who to contact about it.

I also thought that under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act they can get an order to impond evidence of a criminal act. Prog rock is cool! Smile
2012 XS SD4 Indus Silver

Post #74905 30th Aug 2010 10:08 pm
ad15

i reckon you are right, Thumbs Up

,, but then this IS cornwall,,,, Evil or Very Mad

Post #74914 30th Aug 2010 10:57 pm
Junior

England 

ad15 wrote:
i reckon you are right, Thumbs Up

,, but then this IS cornwall,,,, Evil or Very Mad

While I have sympathy for someone having their door staved in...But do you lot really expect the police to expend Manpower and other resources pursuing a non injury accident that will (hopefully ) be insured and worth a few hundred quid, People complain about the boys in blue not responding to serious crime quickly enough-maybe cos they are pursuing garden centres through the courts to hand over CCTV that may not show the reg of the offending vehicle anyway.
Get over it you bunch of Girls Laughing

Post #74927 31st Aug 2010 11:37 am
ad15

couple of hundred pounds,,, try £1500!!!

it is still classed as a hit and run,... irrespective of the fact no one was hurt.. the CCTV was directly over my car and the 2nd camera was pointing at the gate,

as for insurance,, why should i loose my no claims because someone else has broken the law? who draws the line at what is worth police effort and what is not?

then again,, coming from some one that is happy to sit in the middle lane all day, i am not suprised at your comments..

Post #74932 31st Aug 2010 1:02 pm
Junior

England 

Like I said, A Few hundred pounds, insurance excess+reduced no claims bonus for 2 years=A few of hundred pounds.
Grow up, Unfortunately the world doesn't revolve around you and your petty troubles The police have better things to deal with Thumbs Up

I think it's actually classed as 'leaving the scene of an accident'.

Post #74945 31st Aug 2010 5:42 pm
superspark

Well After reading all this comments I feel the need to say something, Lets just hope When it happens to you, that then the shoe is then on the other foot and we will see who is the real girl. Its all very nice when it happens to some one else. Its a bit more personal when it happens to you Shocked

Post #74946 31st Aug 2010 5:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>