Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > East-West Europe Sat Nav Disks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ReggieTheDog

East-West Europe Sat Nav Disks

A newbie to this site : As I do a lot of travelling, I've just bought the set of 4 disks for the FL2 covering East and West Europe. Using my original single disc supplier with vehicle I can drive from UK all the way through Austria without any hastle. Using this 4 disk system - will I have to stop and change disks half way through my journey or does data from a disk get cached in some way? Don't really want to get to the French border change the disk, get to the Austrian Border, change the disk etc etc....
Apologies if this question has been asked before. Oh, and anyone want a single disc when I've finished with it then let me know.

Post #74717 26th Aug 2010 7:58 pm
athelstan

FL2 MY2010 DVD's - LR Part No:6G92-10E898-EE

These come as a "Europe" set of 3DVD's. Each disc contains a batch of countries within the EU15 plus the ascension States and non EU countries/states i.e: Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Vatican City, Monaco, San Merino, Morocco, Moldavia and Andorra. The country groupings across the discs are puzzling at times, e.g: Morocco is with GB!

The LR single disc DVD player does not cache the data so you do have to select the appropriate disc(s) for your journey. However you will not have to swop discs for your drive from France to Austria, whichever of the four routes you could take:via Switzerland, Germany, Liechtenstein, or Italy.

Post #74754 27th Aug 2010 8:03 am
evgueni

Bulgaria 

DENSO Part No 464110-7450. Comes as 4 DVDs. Acceptable coverage for East Europe as well. Works for FL2, Jaguar and Volvo. Strange thing is Navteq maps for other manufacturers (like Igo) are ways more detailed than this one. (at least for Bulgaria).

Post #74772 27th Aug 2010 3:31 pm
ReggieTheDog

Guys, thanks for your replies. Firstly, you'll be pleased to hear that I loaded the fist disk of the four disk set and immedaitely it told me it needed to do a software update and it took the 15 mins it said it would.
Interestingly, if you put a journey in, with waypoints, and then replace the disk with another, it does actually hold it in memory which I was both shocked and thrilled by.
Just planning my next trip now - great

Thanks again for your replies.

Post #74810 28th Aug 2010 11:52 pm
Paniscy

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi guys.

To ReggieTheDog: 1) do these discs include the map of Cyprus?

2) where is the location of the navigation system hardware? At the back next to the spare wheel?

Post #77871 7th Oct 2010 1:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

On Uk spec models the hardware is located under the drivers seat. I expect that Cyprus spec models have it in the same place.

Post #77882 7th Oct 2010 5:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1