« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > How much is it worth?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 
How much is it worth?

We are about to emigrate to Denmark and will need to sell our car at the end of the month.
With the prices of used Freelanders fluctuating recently, how much do you think that we could/should advertise ours for?

it was registered in December 2006 (56 plate) manual HSE in Stornaway Grey with Alpaca interior. It has done 46,000 miles and mot till december with full Landrover service history. Fitted with un- kerbed 19" Shadow alloys, unused original 18" spare alloy, factory privacy glass, xenons, floor/boot mats and storage net. it also has the benefit of having the Approved Landrover extended warranty until end of March 2011, this is the top package that includes Landrover assist.
A complete new clutch was fitted 3 months ago and new brake pads all around. All fitted at our local main dealer.

As for condition, i would describe it as being superb apart from a small mark in the centre top edge of the rear bumper (it does not stand out and i mention it because otherwise the car is perfect and is a cherished car).

I would appreciate what prices the forum think would be appropriate and we are not looking for a quick sale. Obviously if we sell it through or as a result of the forum then the appropriate donation would be made. Thumbs Up Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #72270 17th Jul 2010 2:47 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

£17300 according to Glass' as a trade-in so slightly less if a dealer were to buy without a sale.

What about buying a lhd from a uk dealer and using current car to trade-in against it?

Post #72300 18th Jul 2010 2:54 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Natwest wrote:
£17300 according to Glass' as a trade-in so slightly less if a dealer were to buy without a sale.

What about buying a lhd from a uk dealer and using current car to trade-in against it?

Natwest - I've been trying to get hold of you. Is your PM working?? Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #72304 18th Jul 2010 5:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:£17300
Average condition:£15400
Below average condition:  £13350

http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #72305 18th Jul 2010 5:39 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

philsh wrote:
Natwest - I've been trying to get hold of you. Is your PM working??

You have pm Laughing

Post #72306 18th Jul 2010 5:44 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Natwest wrote:
philsh wrote:
Natwest - I've been trying to get hold of you. Is your PM working??

You have pm Laughing

So have you - I hope Thumbs Up Let me know if you don't recieve anything??? Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #72309 18th Jul 2010 7:11 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Natwest wrote:

We did think about this but when you register the car in denmark you have to pay the taxes. They are very high and as a result not many people do this. car prices are generally 3 to 4 times higher.

We have looked at the danish autotrader and to get a similar aged car as ours would cost in the region of £60,000. Big Cry

four years ago we bought a new Disco 3 HSE and took it over to denmark on holiday. Whilst there, we popped into a local land rover dealer and they had our car in the showroom for the equivalent of £150,000.

And they say that UK prices are a rip off! Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #72330 19th Jul 2010 9:21 am
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

From looking around a great deal before I purchased mine a few months ago, I would say £17000-£17500 would be an appropriate price.

Post #72340 19th Jul 2010 1:01 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Well, I advertised the car and within 3 days it had been sold for the asking price of £17k. No shortage of people phoning up about it although they were mainly dealers.
Im really pleased that we bought it for £17,500 two years ago and have only lost £500 even though we put 20k miles on it.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm sad to be leaving the fold but that it was a great car and that the used prices are still as strong as ever.

Take care Thumbs Up Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #75191 3rd Sep 2010 4:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1