« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Starting Without the Key Fob
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

ad210358 wrote:
But it displayed the message Key in Ignition and the car did start.

I wasn't doubting you, my finding came about when another key on my key ring got jammed when the fib was pulled in, I had to release the key part as it was stopping the fob been push in to release, when I yanked it the engine turned off

Which obviously lead me to tryingbthe fob without key part and ultimately my finger, Nothing else though Andy Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71744 8th Jul 2010 8:54 pm
ad210358

England 

npinks wrote:
ad210358 wrote:
But it displayed the message Key in Ignition and the car did start.

I wasn't doubting you, my finding came about when another key on my key ring got jammed when the fib was pulled in, I had to release the key part as it was stopping the fob been push in to release, when I yanked it the engine turned off

Which obviously lead me to tryingbthe fob without key part and ultimately my finger, Nothing else though Andy Laughing

Crikey Nick, you sticking other keys in the Receptor and then fingers, your worse that a two year old stuffing jam sandwiches in a VCR Recorder when Mum isn't looking. Laughing p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #71748 8th Jul 2010 9:21 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71749 8th Jul 2010 9:23 pm
ad210358

England 
Re: Starting Without the Key Fob

ad210358 wrote:
Shocked Strange thing happened today, no Mr Strut didn't offer someone two San Miguels, Evil or Very Mad swmbo took the Freely out to the shops parked in the car park, hand brake on pressed the stop button, engine stops and the Fob removed from the ignition, nothing strange yet.
Opened the door and it started making the bong, bong as thought the key is in the ignition and the display indicated that the key was in the ignition when it was in her hand. She sat back in the car and pressed the start button and it started as normal, keys still in her hand, Shocked pressed the stop button and the engine stopped but began the bong, bong again and the message appear stating key in Ignition.
The only way to to return the car to normal was to reinsert the fob in the ignition, all has been well since.
Strange but true, anyone else had this happen Question

SWMBO, has managed to do this again today,new car same thing happened, stopped the engine, ejected the fob, radio stayed on and had to be turned off manually, message centre displayed "Key Docked", couldnt lock the car but when you pressed the unlock button it actuated the doors, the only way to revert it back to normal operation was to return the fob to the dock and eject it again.

The cure could be take the Fob from her Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #94456 7th Mar 2011 9:08 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ad210358 wrote:
SWMBO, has managed to do this again today,new car same thing happened, stopped the engine, ejected the fob, radio stayed on and had to be turned off manually, message centre displayed "Key Docked", couldnt lock the car but when you pressed the unlock button it actuated the doors, the only way to revert it back to normal operation was to return the fob to the dock and eject it again.

The cure could be change the SWMBO Question

Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #94500 8th Mar 2011 10:31 am
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Yeah, but if people don't post the odd question like that then we have to go back to discussing why black is or isn't the best colour and why everyone does or doesn't hate caravans!

HA HA - Just realised I posted to the wrong thread, that's one way to take it off topic!

Post #94509 8th Mar 2011 1:13 pm
ad210358

England 

AndyC wrote:
ad210358 wrote:

Shocked

If I do that I must make sure that I have the Fob in my hand, don't want to loose the Freely Whistle p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #94516 8th Mar 2011 2:15 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

ad210358 wrote:
AndyC wrote:
ad210358 wrote:

Shocked

If I do that I must make sure that I have the Fob in my hand, don't want to loose the Freely Whistle

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up know what you mean - mines never there when I want it Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #94520 8th Mar 2011 3:02 pm
Lord Rich Tea Biscuit

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

For the record, mine has now started randomly ejecting the fob whilst in motion.
I've noticed a few times when parking up that the key fob already feels loose when I go to eject it.

This morning it fell out as I pulled away from a junction!

I'm guessing nobody's got to the bottom of this problem and had it seen to..? "We're in danger, we've got to get out."
"What are you talking about?"
"I've been called a ponce."

Post #380027 20th Oct 2019 12:17 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

ad210358 wrote:
Some Chav Shocked no safe as houses we are in this law abiding land in which we live Surprised

Not in the UK then Wink

Post #380034 20th Oct 2019 8:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12