Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Windscreen bonding - it's falling apart!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
stu_007

United Kingdom 

It went back in only for dealer to say they couldn't hear the squeak / rattle! Having checked the trim surrounding the screen can only assume screen squeaking on the seal. Another trip to dealer and this time I'll take someone out with me!! Why is it you take vehicle into dealer with one problem, and comes out with new ones? Previous owner of;
2008 F2 HSE G4 Mongolian Recce Vehicle "AVJ"

Confusious says: "If it should move and doesn't use WD40; if it moves and it shouldn't, use Duct tape!!!"

Post #90772 4th Feb 2011 1:10 pm
petendroberts

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black
Delaminating Windscreen

I too have this problem and although it is slightly unsightly not a big deal until one frosty morning found that a 6 inch wide strip of the heating element wasn't working.Tried to claim under the approved warranty(out of manufacturers warranty) and although it doesn't cover glass, it does cover heated back screen so I assumed it would cover the front heated screen.They're not having any of it,blaming the the delamination as the cause.The dealer took a photo of the problem to send to LR to try to get them to replace it as a "known fault". I'm not holding my breath! I'll keep you updated if any more comes of it.UPDATE:Dealer says my screen is not part of the "Known" batch of faulty screens and that "LR" don't want to know.They suggested I phone the LR helpline personally as this might help to get a discounted repair.Probably cheaper if insurance sorts it,as and when! Freelander 2 SE TD4 AUTO Sumatra Black.
Roof rails and bars,Chrome full mirror caps,Chrome vents,Stainless door handles,Chrome light surrounds,18"New 10 spoke HSE Alloys with Grabber ATs 255x55x18+ 25mm spacers,Almond leather interior,2011 front and rear upgrade,S/S Side Bars,Stainless exhaust system (twin pipes),Xenon retrofit with Hella self levelers,Bluefin ECU Remap,Tints,Removable towbar,etc,etc..EMPTY WALLET!!

Last edited by petendroberts on 1st Jul 2012 4:54 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #137969 28th Mar 2012 2:16 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I had my screen replaced under warranty also they said they found other things wrong which were ok before going in

Post #137970 28th Mar 2012 2:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123