Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What i like about FL2 and dislike
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TrickiDicki

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

OK, having had the car for a few weeks. Overall, love the car - looks the bizniz, goes well, loves the hills, good rarity value round here. Only the one misfuel thus far (*ahem*)
Now here's my two peneth on areas for improvement:
- keyfob slot - should be on the door-side of the steering column. Instead you have to reach/grope around to slot the thing in before you can fire up the electrics. On second thoughts, just grab the keyless start from the Disco and be done.
- arm rests - not good. Makes my shoulder all crouched up, gets in the way for steering. And if you push it up out the way you can still feel it pushing on your shoulder. A centre console box with padded top would make much more sense. What are the options for just removing the damned thing?
- hand brake - doesn't work well and is hidden beneath said arm rest. Power park brake please.
- central locking - I have to click twice to unlock all doors? You kiddin' me? And it doesn't recognise the boot opening as an ingress into the vehicle so will dutifully relock all doors even though you're in and out of the boot.
- the TD4 flat-spot on take off. Most disconcerting when taking off from the side road first thing in the morning.
- front parking sensors stay active when in reverse. Erm, who decided that was a good idea??!! I *know* there's a wall in front of me, that's why I'm reversing away from it!

That'll do for now.

Post #69062 23rd May 2010 11:10 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

- central locking - I have to click twice to unlock all doors? You kiddin' me? And it doesn't recognise the boot opening as an ingress into the vehicle so will dutifully relock all doors even though you're in and out of the boot.

read manual can be altered

- front parking sensors stay active when in reverse. Erm, who decided that was a good idea??!! I *know* there's a wall in front of me, that's why I'm reversing away from it!

useful when reversing out of the tiny parking spaces we have in UK

Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #69063 23rd May 2010 11:41 pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

It comes down to cost and defending the premium models I guess. All Jags/LR's should be keyless and have electric hand brakes. I have an auto and never use the handbrake anyway. Arm rests are essential! 2010MY Freelander 2 HSE Auto
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #69085 24th May 2010 2:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12