« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Tips & Tricks > Got my Nokia 5530 working including phonebook transfer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nre

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red
Got my Nokia 5530 working including phonebook transfer

Picked up my new FL2 yesterday and spent a while trying to get my Nokia 5530 to work with phonebook access. Initial bluetooth sync went fine, but phonebook wasn't read automatically (I was expecting this!). Then tried doing a 'mark all contacts' followed by 'send as business card' from the phone, but only got first 2 contacts transferred to the car, but it gave me hope...

I then tried doing a single transfer of the 3rd contact in my list, and got 'sending failed'. Tried doing the 4th and this transferred ok, so went looking to see what was 'special' about the third contact. Turns out that I had an image associated with this contact on the phone, so I tried removing the image and could then transfer this contact via bluetooth.

So, it seems that tagging a contact with an image prevents it (and any following contacts) transferring to the FL2 system. I then removed all images from my contacts list on the phone, and re-tried the 'mark all contacts' followed by 'send as business card' which successfully transferred my whole phonebook. Very Happy

The only slight gripe now is that contacts which had more than one phone number associated on the phone appear as duplicate names in the FL2 phonebook. Is there a way to see the number associated with a phonebook name before dialling? That would help a lot... Otherwise I might have to re-organise my contacts list on the phone...

Hope that helps someone! Freelander2 SD4 HSE Lux - Firenze Red
Sylva Mojo kit car - www.mymojo.co.uk

Post #68675 18th May 2010 8:50 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Hi nre.
I have had problems with the phonebook too. My phone is not compatable but after reading your post decided to give what you said a go. I am able to mark all contacts and send them as a business card but the phone just says it is unable to connect. My phone is a Nokia 6124 and I have an 07 plate XS
The phone connects perfectly to make and receive calls but the car cannot copy the phonebook or store any last dialed/received calls etc.
Any further ideas?? Big Cry

Post #68694 18th May 2010 11:50 am
nre

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

It seems that there are loads of phones with compatability issues with bluetooth car kits, you'd think they would all agree to stick to an industry standard...

No specific ideas on how to fix your problem. Have you tried sending just one contact to start with? That would be my first suggestion... Freelander2 SD4 HSE Lux - Firenze Red
Sylva Mojo kit car - www.mymojo.co.uk

Post #68696 18th May 2010 11:59 am
Missing Link

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Mentioned this problem to the workshop while in on other matters. There is a compatability list of software versions supported which needless to say my X6 is missing from.There is no program of updates for the head unit to support newer version so if it don't work tough.

As to who's at fault, well of course LR are going to do a Microsoft and blame the phone manufacturers for changing the parameters but is it reasonable for LR to expect nothing to change?

At least the business card trick works! Smile Prog rock is cool! Smile
2012 XS SD4 Indus Silver

Post #75641 10th Sep 2010 12:17 am
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Paired my 3Gs and downloaded the phonebook including contacts with a photo tag attached in the carpark at the service area on the way home from the dealer after collecting the car and have had no problems since, though had problem with a Nokia 5800 in my last F2 where the phonebook wouldn't download but the phone connected without a problem. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #80154 8th Nov 2010 11:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1