Home > Off Topic > Fuel Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green
Fuel Prices

As anyone been sent this e-mail.
PETROL PRICES - PLEASE READ, JOIN IN and pass on..

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, but the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.

See what you think and pass this on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 119.9 a litre in some areas now! Soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 a ltr.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'Don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read on and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place, not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

NOW it,s simple, for the rest of the year Do Not buy Petrol from Esso OR BP
and see if prices come down , don,t take the easy petrol station for pennys less, what 50p less on 50 pound !

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just join this group; also get all your FB friends to join or forward as an email to everyone in your address book, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc, i.e.
boycott BP and Esso.

Post #65752 7th Apr 2010 6:37 am
flyboyben

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

I'm afraid I have to take issue with the first paragraph....see attached graph which shows a steady rise in the price of crude over the last year.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  TD4, HSE, Santorini Black, SS side protection tubes, clear side repeaters, chrome wing mirror covers

Post #65753 7th Apr 2010 7:37 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

The major supermarkets are supplied by the major oil companies, the difference in price can be partly explained by the extra additives in premium fuel. If you stop buying Esso/BP directly then you will end up buying it indirectly via the supermarket, net result sales fall at BP/Esso stations, stations lay off staff, net result to oil company ZERO Rolling Eyes

Trylooking at the taxation of fuel to see who is really making the profits. Thumbs Up

Post #65756 7th Apr 2010 9:02 am
freelaner

United Kingdom 

yes the oil companies make vast profits but its not their fault the price of fuel is what it is......
see here:
http://www.petrolprices.com/price-of-petrol.html

Post #65769 7th Apr 2010 1:27 pm
Junior

England 

In theory a good idea-If petrol stations were owned by the said oil company's-However the vast majority of petrol stations are franchised shops owned and operated by individuals merely buying and selling petrol on behalf of the oil company and these would all go bankrupt and many low paid people would be out of work Shocked

Post #65773 7th Apr 2010 1:49 pm
TexFreelander

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Y'all need to move to Texas. Much more affordable.

I get Censored when people here complain about fuel being expensive, they've never been to Europe. I promise I will never complain about fuel prices if they are cheaper than Europe. lol I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

2008 Freelander2/LR2
-Rimini Red

2005 Freelander
-Bonatti Gray
-EBC front brake rotors
-DAP-Inc. Lift
-BFGoodrich All Terrain RWL
-Muffler Delete
-CAI

Post #65776 7th Apr 2010 2:35 pm
wingit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

If you work it out this way:
Total tax = Duty + VAT

56.19p + 14.20p = 70.39p

I don't know what the % is, but, Jesus H Christ it's a lot. Big Cry

Post #65792 7th Apr 2010 5:32 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I am guessing that this campaign is sponsored by Shell Twisted Evil 

Post #65794 7th Apr 2010 6:03 pm
Jonboy

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

Quote:
I get Censored

You go and get drunk?

Or do you mean you get Censored off?

Twisted Evil

I know a common people divided by a common language!

Post #65795 7th Apr 2010 6:11 pm
nicka

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Stop buying from certain garages means they go bust
Fewer garages mean less choice
Less choice means the rest can charge what they want

Its a bit naive to believe that anything oil based could ever be a buyers market rather than a sellers (or in reality a producers market)

Much like alcohol succesive governments have chosen to tax fuel as high as they can get away with. Shame no one to vote for to reverse it!! Lago Grey Ebony HSE auto, 19" alloys, privacy glass

Post #65833 7th Apr 2010 11:51 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Anyone know where I can hire an oiltanker? Im nipping to Texfreelanders town to buy some cheap fuel Whistle

Post #65849 8th Apr 2010 12:06 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

No good for me as I only use Esso as it's usually 2p cheaper than supershitemarket diesel Thumbs Up

Post #65946 9th Apr 2010 9:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1