« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Flat Battery leads us to the Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 
Flat Battery leads us to the Extended Warranty

Well our car is just about 3 years old....and I did look into the extended warranty a few weeks ago. As the car was going well, I didnt give it another thought until the other morning. Got in and tried to start it but nothing..............apart from the flashing warning lights and display indicating a suspension fault. Oh and of couse, they key would not eject from the dash.

A quick call to LR Assistance and 30 mins later the chap was at the door and quickly diagnosed a flat battery. We suspect that it may have had something to do with the Blutooth that we were using the evening before.

This was certainly a warning as the manufacturers warranty runs out on Sunday.

As we intend to keep the car for a few more months, I contacted my local dealer and found that the prices had dropped by about £75 from a few weeks ago so we took out the Extended warranty. I believe that this isnt bad value when you take into account the LR Assist for Europe as well, together with the peace of mind.

Even if we sell the car in 6 months time, at least we can sell it with 6 months warranty left. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #63449 13th Mar 2010 1:37 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

And how much is the extended warranty Question the wife's FL2 warranty runs out this month. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #63455 13th Mar 2010 3:33 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

You get a choice of two but for the full monty with Land Rover assist its now £655.
Sounds a lot but by the time you factor in 12 months European recovery AND the Warranty.....I dont think its too bad.

By the time that you take the recovery aspect out of the equation, its £500 for the Warranty.

As much as we love the car........thats only one decent claim!

For info, I tried 35 dealers and they all quoted the same. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #63466 13th Mar 2010 6:32 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Unfortunately a battery isnt covered in any extended warranty. I have a list of the items not covered and to be honest this is why I will not bother as I feel its a con. It also will not cover any "WEARING" parts - now in my view whilst ur putting miles on ur car ur wearing something up so thats just waiting to be argued.
The idea of extended warranty being like the first three years is a myth as it simply isnt. Thumbs Up

Post #63501 14th Mar 2010 9:07 am
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Yes, the battery isnt covered along with the likes of the Satnav and stereo, but all of the important mechanical parts are covered.
Our sunroof stopped working at the weekend and I phoned the dealer and he said it was fully covered under the new warranty. This is just an example.

It certainly suits our car as its had new pads all round and a new clutch. In fact all i can think of that would cause us a problem that wont be covered in the next year will possibly be the exhaust.

Its all down to personal choice and as the saying goes......you pay your money and take your choice. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #63503 14th Mar 2010 10:00 am
Ian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

Tonyrec. Where did you get your extended warranty from for £655? My local dealer has just quoted me today £725 with LR assist. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4.Zermatt Silver,Privacy glass,Bi-Xenon headlights........Gone!

2011 SD4 HSE Ipanema Sand, Privacy Glass, Windsor Leather.

Post #63692 15th Mar 2010 8:14 pm
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 

Hiya,
We got ours from Lancaster Landrover in Welwyn Garden City (formerly Pilling). I was quoted the £725 by all the garages a couple of months ago but apparently it has now come down.

Anyway, ours is all paid for and started today, all for £655. Discovery Sport Hse Lux, Santorini Black, Ivory Leather Interior, Factory Privacy Glass, removable tow bar.

Post #63705 15th Mar 2010 9:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1