« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > First long run
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bopper

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
First long run

Took the Freelander on it's first long run last week. Falmouth to Dumfries. I set the Sat Nav to avoid motorways from Bristol to Chester as we had plenty of time, stayed overnight ( Premier Travel Inn) then on the old roads to the M55. Time running out so took to the motorway.
Visited sick brother in hospital in Dumfries, bought a load of haggis, stayed a couple of days then set the sat nav to take us to Windermere. wonderful scenery over Kirkstone Pass. In Windermere I recalled that Rowy had a Restaurant or something but didn't know where. Down to Kendal for lunch (Wetherspoons) then on to the motorway to make a run for home, set the cruise to seventy, locked in 6th in command shift and it went along like a whisper av. mpg 35.5 with aircon on. Most enjoyable trip Thumbs Up

Post #62736 7th Mar 2010 8:17 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green
Re: First long run

Bopper wrote:
Took the Freelander on it's first long run last week. Falmouth to Dumfries. I set the Sat Nav to avoid motorways from Bristol to Chester as we had plenty of time, stayed overnight ( Premier Travel Inn) then on the old roads to the M55. Time running out so took to the motorway.
Visited sick brother in hospital in Dumfries, bought a load of haggis, stayed a couple of days then set the sat nav to take us to Windermere. wonderful scenery over Kirkstone Pass. In Windermere I recalled that Rowy had a Restaurant or something but didn't know where. Down to Kendal for lunch (Wetherspoons) then on to the motorway to make a run for home, set the cruise to seventy, locked in 6th in command shift and it went along like a whisper av. mpg 35.5 with aircon on. Most enjoyable trip Thumbs Up

Wow that was a long run....FL2s just eat the miles effortlessly.

Glad you enjoyed it

Post #62756 7th Mar 2010 9:26 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Kirkstone pass drive

Lovely drive isn't it? Did u see the old car down the cliff going toward pooley bridge? You should have stopped at the kirkstone pass inn. Fab steak pud and chips btw. Live your life be free-lander

Post #62786 8th Mar 2010 12:00 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1