Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > March S/Hand price guide
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

Fair point drowned rat, unless James has been so industrious that all thats done and he's just waiting for the witching hour tomorrow night.

Post #61522 27th Feb 2010 5:35 pm
Lookers Park Royal

The whole team are meeting at the dealership tomorrow at 11pm for a 'midnight driveaway'. Should get home by 2am, only for the alarm clock to go off again at 5:30..... I must be mad!!!

They're all tucked away in our workshops clean and ready to go tomorrow night. I even have a chequered flag!!

James Thumbs Up

Post #61527 27th Feb 2010 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Carnoch

Yes to the mad. Probably self inflicted = no sympathy.

Can't have many vehicles for the 1st drive off is you are leaving early at 2am! Wink

Post #61529 27th Feb 2010 6:00 pm
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

This is sooo not the experience I'm getting from my dealership! I was in signing some papers yesterday - a slightly panicky salesmen told me not to be late on Monday (and I mean like the headmaster telling me not to be late - I didn't keep them waiting 45 mins for the pre-arranged test drive) then told me I'd spoil the schedule if I take more than 15 mins taking delivery of the car. They sure know how to make customers feel special. I felt like saying that I don't spend nearly £30k everyday of the week and I'll take as long as i Censored want - but I thought it would be so much nicer to surprise him with the exaggerated slowness of my checks on Monday Thumbs Up

I was lazy and went for a close dealer. The price was ok, but so far the customer service is pants.

Post #61531 27th Feb 2010 6:10 pm
Carnoch

Name and Shame on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #61532 27th Feb 2010 6:14 pm
trg

Oh I will be adding my full report to the dealership feedback thread! If they pull something REALLY special out the bag on Monday I might go a bit easy, but I'm not anticipating it.

Post #61534 27th Feb 2010 6:20 pm
Carnoch

Good. I look forward to it.

This collecting the car by appointment is Censored really. Nothing makes you feel more devalued as a customer. Personally, I want to go in when I want on the day in particular and collect it. I don't even mind giving them a rough time, but as for them saying be here at such and such time, that sucks. It's like a conveyor belt mentality.

Post #61536 27th Feb 2010 6:27 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Most paperwork done on Thursday, Hospital appt at 9.30 Monday then 500 metres to dealers, change over cases etc and off 200+ miles to Ballater. Holiday booked before car confirmed.
Don't know what route yet, but looks like Perth, Dundee, Stonehaven. Banchory at the moment.Perth- Braemar road ??? All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #61540 27th Feb 2010 7:12 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Druand

Getting yours from Huddersfield? - you'll have to let me know how you get on - its not too far away for me.

Have a good trip Thumbs Up There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #61585 27th Feb 2010 11:25 pm
druand

DrownedRat

No getting it in Ayr, local dealer. All FL2's (3) Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #61592 27th Feb 2010 11:39 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

trg wrote:
.......slightly panicky salesmen told me not to be late on Monday ......spoil the schedule if I take more than 15 mins taking delivery of the car........surprise him with the exaggerated slowness of my checks on Monday Thumbs Up

You have to look at it from both sides i.e. the dealer (everyone wanting their car on the day of the new reg release - mad professional controlled panic) and the buyer ''I want my new reg on the day of release - oh and I want it as early as possible !!'') No one is going to win and to be honest I feel a bit sorry for the dealers in this situation.
I couldn't afford new when we got ours, but if I was spending £30k on a new car I would want more than 15 minutes.

I took delivery of a new 'trailer' 3 years ago for a bit more than half this price and was given over an hour for the full 'handover'

trg....it's a lot of money and you need to be happy - take your time.....I would Thumbs Up

Post #61607 28th Feb 2010 1:25 am
Carnoch

I personally don't care if they swipe my switch card and hand the keys over at pick up, the rest of the procedure is total crap and I don't want a meaningless converstation and a cup of tea, I do want to be on my way thank you, but I do object to making an appointment to suit the garage and I don't care if they are busy, it's not my problem. What if we ring 999 and report an incident? Do we expect the police, ambulance or fire brigade to say, make an appointment, we are busy. If a car dealership can't be prepared when they know the day your coming to collect it, they don't deserve the business, period.

Post #61608 28th Feb 2010 3:30 am
trg

I too have a degree of sympathy with them, its gonna be a busy day. But its not like they have 20 brain operations to do against the clock - its only some car handovers! I understand the need for a schedule and I've not been demanding about pick up time, but I do expect to be treated with courtesy and not talked down to while this is explained to me. There are ways of saying things and treating me like I'm a naughty kid and that the schedule is more important than my custom isn't likely to get me thro the door again either for servicing or for my next new car. Carnoch - like you I want the keys and be on my way, no old flannel, no lame conversation. But I will be giving it a check over, making sure paint job ok and all the bits are there and if that takes me more than my allotted time then so be it...

Perhaps it will all go well. I'm quite excited about it now!

Post #61631 28th Feb 2010 12:31 pm
Carnoch

Yes, check the car over before you use your Switch! Last year when I purchased a new Disco. I took my trade in to the local LR garage, they checked it over, I paid 20k and then the dealer presented me with a vehicle that had a plastic knob laying on the drivers floor, bits of torn plastic carpet protector all over the place, no mats or anything to keep the footwell clean and when I got home, all of 12 miles, the two rear alloys had chips in them, which the dealer subsequently accused me of it not so many words. I was treated like Censored . I should give you the full horror story, it would amaze you, so I ain't got a lot of time or sympathy with dealers, no matter how they package things up, they are in the business of selling you a car, thats their nature and don't you forget it.

Post #61636 28th Feb 2010 12:47 pm
druand

My earlier days in trade when new reg was 1st January: Pre delivery in worshop included fitting heater, W/wash, wing mirrors, radio, aerial etc on lower level models, almost a days work. In mini van passenger seat was extra.
In Scotland everyone closed 1-2nd January so on 31st (hogmanay) when workshop closed we started delivering with trade plates (sometimes without) and were often invited in for a wee dram before we left.
Customers were mostly all local and supported the local garages, even the larger main dealers were all privately owned. All FL2's (3) Gone

Post #61671 28th Feb 2010 4:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>