Thumbs Up http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/tabId/511...get-s.aspx At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60792 21st Feb 2010 11:56 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Right again CG
A lady from Wigan was mown down and killed in January by a thief stealing her car - I bet her sons who saw the murder would like a nice quiet word with the gentlemen in the article. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #60795 22nd Feb 2010 1:16 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I'm all for justice but shooting an unarmed man is wrong whether his a theif or not, unless he was going to run him over and then the car became his weapon of choice

personaly I would rather tie them to a chair and employ a wet sponge, A battery and jumper leads and the little Censored Privates Twisted Evil Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #60798 22nd Feb 2010 8:31 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

catching the pikey takes time and effort , shoot the sod and be done with it, As Andyt mentioned he wasn't unarmed he was in a car At work
At home

Post #60801 22nd Feb 2010 9:01 am
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I didn't actually say that (Andy131 did), but I would agree. There have been several incidences of injury and death of innocent parties as a result of car thieves ('i' before 'e' except after 'c' Nick Wink ). The justice and law & order sectors of this country are gradually being overwhelmed and I don't know how we reverse that, but shooting the odd pointless individual is fine by me.
It also seems reasonable to me that anyone breaking-and-entering, be it a vehicle or premises, should be deemed to have waive their human rights, and if it results in their death then that was their choice to accept the potential consequences.

Interesting, Nick, that you are against shooting perpetrators but all for primitive torture Shocked

Post #60813 22nd Feb 2010 10:51 am
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Too much pussying around in this country If they steal take their hands off, if the rape take their b Censored s off and if they try and kill or maim without justification then their life is the price they pay!
I always have been a liberal but I am a little softer now Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #60814 22nd Feb 2010 10:52 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyT wrote:
I didn't actually say that (Andy131 did),

whoops Embarassed At work
At home

Post #60816 22nd Feb 2010 11:01 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

AndyT

Thanks for correcting me Laughing

I am sort of with Ralph on his stance on stuff like this, although the life for a life part unless it's 100% proven without doubt that it was them, as you don't want new evidence showing you that you was wrong, so my jump leads can be used for a few years whilst you wait to see if anything else is found Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #60820 22nd Feb 2010 11:21 am
athelstan

The subject of what the citizen may or may not do in the case of aggravated assault is currently under review by the Law Lords at the recent request of the Law & Justice Minister. There is clearly disquiet that the present law needs revision to reflect the times rather than that of the 18C, however whatever the outcome of the review may be it will nonetheless remain weighted to what is deemed to be a reasonable, responsible and justifiable act of defence; and, each case will still be judged on its individual merits. There will be no "catch-all" permitted response.

-o0o-

To protect the rights and safety of every individual of our society justice must be the byword and not revenge in both our legal system and moral code of conduct. If the scales are tipped in favour of revenge then you open a pandora's box of recrimination where more often a third party innocent becomes the victim and the real guilty party glides into obscurity. For example, it's too late to have a miscarriage of justice if that innocent person is dead - shot by an outraged family member.

-o0o-

Ralphk - I think you mean you are a little harder now Wink

Post #60821 22nd Feb 2010 11:22 am
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

maybe ralphk was alluding to something other than his political viewpoint, I wouldn't like to guess...

Post #60824 22nd Feb 2010 11:37 am
Ralphk

athelstan, I think I understand what your saying and I of course support justice. Problem is that I don't see much of it nowadays where everything is geared to protecting and supporting the perpetrator. The poor victim of any crime is left to their own devices while the woolly hat brigade spend all their energy trying to "understand" and counsel some b Censored d hat has just robbed a poor guy in his post office and killed him (yesterday) or some poor old lady has had her pension taken from her oh and for good measure was given a kicking because she dared to resist.
I accept that Nick wants to use the battery and water sponge technique which is OK for starters but if proven guilty Censored the rehabilitation; top 'em. Anyboy that commits these sorts of crimes has no place on the [lanet with ordinary law abiding folk. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #60852 22nd Feb 2010 2:56 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

Wow things are pretty heated in here.

Post #60861 22nd Feb 2010 3:38 pm
whippetman

England 

Maybe we're just warming up Whistle Whistle

Post #60862 22nd Feb 2010 3:43 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Let em rant and rave, but its them that have voted in the recent pussycat govenment's so their rant is just a Censored in the wind Laughing
Time for a change Question well do something about it like vote in a proper govenment that will bring back proper (legal) punishment for serious crime offenders Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #60865 22nd Feb 2010 4:14 pm
Ralphk

No, it's not heated it just happens to be one of those issues I think that tends to polarise views. I respect athelstans view (see how nice I can be!) but i feel that the law has gone too far towards the criminal as a consequence od some of the 1970 onwards political leaning. It's time to bring it back to the centre and a little bit to the right. (I am not talking Politics i don't thik that is for this forum
Come the revolution! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Ralph

Post #60866 22nd Feb 2010 4:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>