Home > Europe > Belgium - First Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Belgium - First Service

Hey Guys,

Just had the first Service carried out at LR Waterloo. Car is at 22,000km and is 12 months old.

I got to the show room at 8:40am and left at 10:10am. It cost $226 euros (which i thought was not too bad as I bought the car in the UK and it is the first time i have been to them).

Will defo go back Thumbs Up

off post - While I was there I could not help but sit in the Jag XF, this to me I hope will be my next car (my wif drive the FL2). In the UK you can buy it for £29,800 (as seen on TV) in Belgium it starts at $60,000 euro.....this to me is crazzy, I know Belgium is Tax Land, but to push the price up this high Confused

Lukey luke HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #60265 19th Feb 2010 2:24 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Isnt fuel cheap over there though? I recall Belgian diesel being a bit cheaper than French and a lot cheaper than UK liquid gold.

XF's are indeed great looking cars...until you see the front end Neutral shame really.

Mrs G has her eye on an Audi convertible for her next car. black of course but not sure about diesel never seems right for a soft top. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60277 19th Feb 2010 4:36 pm
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

With the exchange rates as it is I fix the price of diesel here is about the as same in the UK. In Belgium it is around $0.96 - $1.08 per L, my mate said it costs about that directly in pounds. Although in Belgium it is about $1.35 per L for petrol, in the UK its about the same price for both i beilve (going on what my mate told me).
Demand for Petrol is low here so they have to price it up to make any money on it.

I agree with you about the front of the XF being the only not great part about the car. But i could live with that me thinks Thumbs Up ...although the wife just said its an old mans car and I am turning 30 this year not 50 Razz

My inlaw has a convertible diesel (soon to be swaped for an X1) and it does not feel or seem right hen i drive it. Thinking about it, how can the wife comment about the Jag being a car for a 50 year old when her 60 year old mum drives a convertible Laughing HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #60314 19th Feb 2010 7:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1