« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Selling with Outstanding finance question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Rowy wrote:
Read the post EV He's Got positive equity in the vehicle.

Plus if you invoke the clause you refer to in consumer credit/ finance agreements (I thought it was 60%) it can still affect your credit record.

Ah yes it is not worth doing if you have positive equity, that wouldn't apply to me as I never have lol.

I did this back in 2006 & it was a minimum of 50% then & it had no effect on my credit history & I was even told that by the finance company. (Capitol Bank) (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #59854 17th Feb 2010 12:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rowy

When my dad died we sent his car back-they said they would put a note on his credit file-They soon shut up when we said he'd popped his clogs so it won't be applying for credit Laughing
He'd also been paying for PPI for 4yrs, but turned out it was on his pevious car. he'd traded in 2 yrs before .

Post #59855 17th Feb 2010 1:00 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

PPi = rip off generally as they tend to find any excuse to wriggle out of paying out on it. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #59860 17th Feb 2010 1:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bibs

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Narvik Black
Re: Selling with Outstanding finance question

@d@m wrote:
I'm pretty much decided that we're going to sell the Freelander 2. My wife has just got a company car and we have been given a brand new car by her dad who has decided to give up driving. So we've got 3 cars on the drive and only one of them is costing us money.

The Freelander has outstanding finance, how do I go about selling this. Would a dealer take it with finance and settle it if I wasn't to part ex. The outstanding finance is less than the value of the car so I'm assuming there would be some cash back to us as well. Is it likely a dealer would buy a car without a trade in? The other option is to get a loan for the remaining finance and settle the that and then sell privately, but to be honest I just want a quick sale and with the loan option I'll be left with a loan that I'll be charged for settling early?

Any advice? Thumbs Up

Sent you a pm. Ive just sold mine direct to a dealer. I didnt have outstanding finance but it doesnt matter they will settle and give you the balance

Post #60316 19th Feb 2010 7:18 pm
@d@m

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue
Re: Selling with Outstanding finance question

Bibs wrote:
@d@m wrote:
I'm pretty much decided that we're going to sell the Freelander 2. My wife has just got a company car and we have been given a brand new car by her dad who has decided to give up driving. So we've got 3 cars on the drive and only one of them is costing us money.

The Freelander has outstanding finance, how do I go about selling this. Would a dealer take it with finance and settle it if I wasn't to part ex. The outstanding finance is less than the value of the car so I'm assuming there would be some cash back to us as well. Is it likely a dealer would buy a car without a trade in? The other option is to get a loan for the remaining finance and settle the that and then sell privately, but to be honest I just want a quick sale and with the loan option I'll be left with a loan that I'll be charged for settling early?

Any advice? Thumbs Up

Sent you a pm. Ive just sold mine direct to a dealer. I didnt have outstanding finance but it doesnt matter they will settle and give you the balance

Thanks.

Post #60323 19th Feb 2010 7:46 pm
@d@m

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

Well the Freelander went to a new home today. Sold to a dealer for the price agreed on the phone. I had a right who haa though leading up to it. I'd booked my car into Hartwell Land Rover for it's 45,000 mile service on Thursday and the dealer I was selling to (Sturgess) agreed to buy it on the fact it had a full service history well dropped the car off on Thursday at 8am for its service said I'd come back for it at 5pm.

Well I didn't hear anything all day which was surprising as I expected a call about brake pads needing being replaced or something, at 4.50 I got a phone call saying they weren't going to finish the car in time, I said well I'm nearly there so we'll talk about it when I get there. When I got there they were right they weren't going to finish it on time as it hadn't moved! They said a technician had to go home sick so they didn't get a chance......errr hello where was the phone call to tell me, I asked if I could have a courtesy car and they could do it the next day........No, we'll have to reschedule your appointment......So i took my keys and left. The worst service I've ever seen or been treated to.

Luckily the dealer I was selling it to said that it was fine and they'd just knock the cost of the service off the price they would give me.

So its gone, with a tinge of sadness I left it behind, it's been a good car and I've been almost problem free. It's just a shame a ****** dealer experience was my departing experience of the brand.

So now I'm R6 shopping!!!! Twisted Evil Whistle

Post #60580 20th Feb 2010 4:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12