Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey
seat covers

Has anybody tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrover-Freelander...4a9d957765

I am of to Scotland in April, salmon fishing, and will be taking my Jack Russell who may well follow me into the water whilst wading but in any event will get lathered in mud so hence the need for covers.(no way would he stay in a crate in the rear but insists on sitting on the back seat with his front paws on the Wood armrest - all together ahhhhh) Certainly don't want to pay SILLY Land Rover prices and these seem a good compromise. Any thoughts??

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #59020 10th Feb 2010 6:05 pm
athelstan

Tenet
When I first saw the price LR wanted for their FL2 water, oil & stain proof washable seat covers I too thought they were a little bit "silly", so I checked out the other cheaper makes of covers.

My research proved that the pattern parts were of much inferior quality and were like sitting on a damp squid and felt as nice to touch as a PVC overcoat. Also they fit a bit like Boris Johnson's suits - or rather they don't if you get my drift. Yuk.

On the other hand, the official LR ones are a tailored fit - they look superb on. However most importantly they are pleasant to sit on during a long journey. They protect your nice leather seats extremely well. Do not smell when wet and wash incredibly well without loosing their tailored fitting.

Finally safety: unlike some cheap covers they allow your seat side airbags to function properly in the advent of a serious impact.

So don't compromise. I didn't and I'm very glad I spent the extra on new LR FL2 Seat Covers. Try striking a deal with the site sponsor, or search ebay.

Post #59024 10th Feb 2010 6:29 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Tenet,
Be aware that your freelander has side protection airbags and that any set cover you fit MUST have the proper openings for an airbag to operate safely. I agree,the genuine landrover set covers are very pricy but if a unsuitable seat cover is in place and the air bags are activated you could be seriousley injured.
Im sure you can imagine an airbag going off and no where to go but inside the set cover.
I looked at the cheaper ones but thought better of it and went for the genuine artical.Airbags scare me at the best of times,The landrover covers are a little tricky to fit but come with full instrutions and do look good on,hope this helps Thumbs Up

Post #59029 10th Feb 2010 7:18 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

bought these in november,i find them great,they have air bag seams on sides,quick del to.stay away from uk covers.co.uk. Evil or Very Mad 3 weeks waiting,no return calls,turn up eventually,flimmsy thin materail,and no airbag seams,sent them back,these were £5 more ,but much,much better,told over the phone when ordered,as i got info out of landy mag,i checked it is the same company,thay come with 3 yrs guarantee, i tipped port on back ones today,and came of fine,no stain left Thumbs Up

Post #59078 10th Feb 2010 11:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

What a waste Shocked I hope you licked the seat covers clean Laughing

Post #59098 11th Feb 2010 10:47 am
tenet

Re: seat covers

tenet wrote:
Has anybody tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrover-Freelander...4a9d957765

I am of to Scotland in April, salmon fishing, and will be taking my Jack Russell who may well follow me into the water whilst wading but in any event will get lathered in mud so hence the need for covers.(no way would he stay in a crate in the rear but insists on sitting on the back seat with his front paws on the Wood armrest - all together ahhhhh) Certainly don't want to pay SILLY Land Rover prices and these seem a good compromise. Any thoughts??

Tenet

I himmed and haaad but finally went for the covers listed above - prompt delivery and in all honesty they would seem to be fit for purpose. Heavy duty waterproof, washable front with thinner nylon type material at the back. Head rest details and side air bag velcro seams for the front covers (head rest detail for the rear and 2 sections to accomodate 60/40 split). Would not say that they fit like a glove but neither do they look like the seats are wearing a Burka.

They take but a few minutes to fit which suits me fine as I can take them off when we are going somewhere posh. All in all happy at only spending £82 inclusive of delivery.

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #61904 2nd Mar 2010 10:19 am
gumdrop

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Tenet

To clarify is £82 the price for the two front seats and the rear seats ? If so me thinks I'll buy a set for mine when I go skiing in April. Stop the kids messing up the leather Very Happy Cheers
Gumdrop aka Simon !
-------------------------------------------------
F2 HSE, auto, roof rails, steps, santorini black
Defender 50th
F1 1999, Commercial
Series 1 (1958)
Rebel Replica Series 1

Post #61965 2nd Mar 2010 7:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Gumdrop don't forget they say an extra £10 for the special Velcro needed if you have side airbags and you do Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #61972 2nd Mar 2010 7:48 pm
gumdrop

Noted Sad expensive velcro Mad Cheers
Gumdrop aka Simon !
Defender 50th
F1 1999, Commercial
Series 1 (1958)
Rebel Replica Series 1

Post #61973 2nd Mar 2010 7:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It's special Rolling Eyes

It's had half it's hooks cut off by a foreign sweat shop to make it less sticky Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #61976 2nd Mar 2010 8:03 pm
gumdrop

That should be only £5 more then Laughing Cheers
Gumdrop aka Simon !
Defender 50th
F1 1999, Commercial
Series 1 (1958)
Rebel Replica Series 1

Post #61994 2nd Mar 2010 9:29 pm
tenet

Gumdrop

I ordered direct from the manufacturer ,TPRetail, on 01902 496307 and spoke to Kim. I got the covers INCLUSIVE of velcro airbag friendly front covers including delivery for £82, as posted.

ebay shop description is a little confusing hence the reason I went direct. As said before they seem a pukka outfit.

Tenet

ps They will sell just rear seat covers not sure of price. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #62053 3rd Mar 2010 9:50 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1