Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Soft Paint????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I remember it well, pinky went against my always correct advice and was proven wrong Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #57595 30th Jan 2010 7:56 pm
Rich T

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Like the detail job on the rangey Doc,can i ask if it was expensive?must say i think mine would benefit from some of that kinda tlc.got a real good deal from guy salmon stratford on avon vis price of car and for my trade in,but there have been one or two issues,parking sensors,missing lumbar adjuster knob etc.they dealt with all ok,sensors ok so far!!!Have looked on local dealer sites since buying in december and i seem to have gotten round 5k off the av price. MY2009 2.2 td4 se
,auto.santorini black,clear side lenses

Post #57601 30th Jan 2010 8:51 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Was £250 on the freelander Thumbs Up

Post #57603 30th Jan 2010 9:01 pm
Carnoch

My wife has seen the RR. She thinks 250 is okay for the finish. Who did it and address please. Maybe something for Spring time.

Post #57604 30th Jan 2010 9:04 pm
Rich T

Sounds very reasonable to me.gonna look round a few local detailing outfits i think.do the guys who did yours travel?word of mouth`s often best i reckon,cheers MY2009 2.2 td4 se

Post #57605 30th Jan 2010 9:06 pm
Carnoch

Yep, very reasonable, considering my neighbours pay 50 squid a week for a home valet of their Q7 and another 50 for their Jag James Bond style and all they get is wash and vac. That said, their gardener charges 50 for cutting the grass etc. Seems to be the standard rate.

Post #57606 30th Jan 2010 9:19 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Carnoch, tell them I will travel up from the Midlands every week and do all 3 three for a £100 and run yours in for £75 still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #57615 30th Jan 2010 9:53 pm
Carnoch

Doesn't sound a bad deal apart from I am not that stupid to pay that amount every week, I'd rather get the bucket out!

Post #57617 30th Jan 2010 10:13 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

The guy who did the cars is called Scott, here is his web - he will travel Very Happy

Linky: http://obsessivecardetailing.co.uk/index.php?page=index

Post #57633 31st Jan 2010 12:05 pm
Rich T

Thanks Doc,may well come in handy. MY2009 2.2 td4 se

Post #57634 31st Jan 2010 12:17 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Glad to be of service

Post #57641 31st Jan 2010 3:21 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Fl2 paint quality.

Had talk with guy in paint. Exactly same process as the x type. Halewood paint was best in the ford pag group. Second all of the above. Steer clear of diy washing go the detailing route. Not big in the uk but it will in time. Btw best products are meguiars. All lr2 clearcoated solid and metallic. Can take a lot of detailling. Btw stay away from t cut unless you want bare metal. Live your life be free-lander

Post #57661 31st Jan 2010 11:14 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I know a detailer in the Midlands area (Tamworth) & he is called Steve ******. I know him from the MG Xpower forum & he has done several members cars.
I have a lance that applies the "snow" foam but if the foam I use is the same as the one mentioned earlier in the post then I would not want it used on everyday cleaning as it is a TFR & water repellant/wax mix which is designed for the car hire market & for prepping/cleaning a car prior to a full valet or detail as it will assist in removing grime but also wax/polish.
Having a car detailed is very nice & I may get Steve to correct the paint on the MG but it can't be done every time you clean the car as it would be impractical & insanely expensive. General everyday washing is probably best by using a pressure washer when the car is very dirty & then using a decent wash mitt & quality shampoo. To dry some say use microfibre towels only but this will use up loads on one car & as long as it is rinsed properly a clean synthetic leather (Autoglym Aquadry) will work well with microfibre to finish off.

Reason some say use microfibre only to dry is that leathers etc scratch but if the car hasn't been rinsed/washed properly then they will scratch too. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #57662 1st Feb 2010 12:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

iangam wrote:
Any good polish should get light scratches out but if you can feel the scratch with you finger nail you won't get it out yourself(unless your a bodyshop fella). I've used autoglym super resin polish followed by gloss protect which worked well but there are lots of other good polishes out there.
The main reason for the scratching is the paint is water based these days and it does scratch easy and Black is the worst colour for showing them up. The smart reapir guys can work wonders for a cheap repair. Metalic paint will be laquered which should help, i once had a car with non laquered black paint and I swear I could scratch it by looking at it hence I sold it and bought a Land Rover.

Common sense prevails!!! Whistle

Post #57688 1st Feb 2010 12:59 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I would second Doc's comments about OCD - I sent them a mail this morning outlining what I wanted and got a very detailed response within the hour of what they can do with guide prices Thumbs Up

Post #57690 1st Feb 2010 1:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>