Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dragoklaus

Germany 

Hey Jutrem, do wear blue jeans?

Post #17957 15th Apr 2008 7:48 am
happy days

Switzerland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Thats funny, you must wear levi jeans just like me. A good leather polish will remove it. Rolling with laughter

Post #17986 15th Apr 2008 2:12 pm
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

dragoklaus wrote:

The affected area is the side of the drivers seat. It does not come in contact with any pants/ jeans I may be wearing.
Smile

Post #18008 15th Apr 2008 6:43 pm
chris@scears.com

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Same problem here, newer jeans do colour off... Shocked A good leather polish will remove it, but should we use LR polish og is it ok to use any leather cleaner/polish..

Post #18018 15th Apr 2008 8:06 pm
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

jutrem wrote:
dragoklaus wrote:

The affected area is the side of the drivers seat. It does not come in contact with any pants/ jeans I may be wearing.
Smile

Next time you get out of your vehicle, watch how you slide across the side of the seat. I was surprised how much the side of the seat came in contact with my, er, um, i mean the back of my pants.

Post #18020 15th Apr 2008 8:23 pm
lanren

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Guys I too have the same problem with the side of my seat just above the controls but in my case it has lead to a tear in the leather Shocked
I reported it to Landrover who have agreed that it is a warrenty job and up till now I've been waiting 5wks for a new bottom seat to be replaced and I have been told a new one is not due until the 20th May and that's on High priority Laughing so beware

Lanren Freelander 2 HSE ,Stornoway Grey, Bi-xenon headlights
Privacy glass
Towing equipment
Side steps ,Chrome Mirrors

Post #18247 18th Apr 2008 8:45 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

lanren wrote:
Hi Guys I too have the same problem with the side of my seat just above the controls but in my case it has lead to a tear in the leather Shocked
I reported it to Landrover who have agreed that it is a warrenty job and up till now I've been waiting 5wks for a new bottom seat to be replaced and I have been told a new one is not due until the 20th May and that's on High priority Laughing so beware

Lanren

it has lead to a tear in the leather Shocked - Is the tear in the leather or the vinyl sides? If it is in the vinyl where most seem to have the problem I reckon that LR have dipped big time with giving us crappy plastic instead of leather Evil or Very Mad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18251 18th Apr 2008 9:12 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

If you have a leather problem and go to te dealer should one tell that leather condinioner was used ?
Using leather conditioner does affect the warranty in the same way as, say use of diesel additives? Or is the use of leather conditioner actually compulsory to maintain the warranty?
Use f leather conditioner on vynil has a bad or good result?
Anyone tackled these issues? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20129 14th May 2008 2:19 pm
Quagmire

My leather (vinyl) issues started 2 weeks after delivery. So it wasn't an issue in my case. I seem to remember getting a leather care pamphlet attached to the seats when the vehicle was delivered (which I promptly removed) Maybe there's something in there or in the manual. I don't think LR can prove one way or another whether leather conditioner was used or not (apart from you conditioning the seats with turpentine or something like that) so I don't know how they'd enforce things. The leather should last the warranty period with or without conditioning.

BTW- I'm still waiting for LR to get back to me on the issue with the vinyl on the back of the rear passenger seat.

Post #20138 14th May 2008 4:53 pm
Matei

So best would be to say that no leather condiyioner was used just in case you say you used some and they ask for the make you find out that the conditioner was on some sort of black list or beeing boughtfrom a supermarket will invalidate your warranty? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20139 14th May 2008 5:07 pm
Quagmire

I suppose you could tell them that you used the official LR leather conditioner (and used it as per instructions on the bottle) and show them your empty bank account as proof that you bought it. I don't even think they'd ask you about your conditioning routine but I suppose that will depend on your dealer and if they want to wiggle out of a costly repair job.

You (or a friend) could make an anonymous call to the service department and ask them the question directly (eg. "I just got a new LR and was wondering if I needed to condition the leather.")

Keep me apprised.

Post #20142 14th May 2008 5:21 pm
Matei

and show them your empty bank account as proof that you bought it.

Now this was good Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
I did not get the leather leaflet with my seats. Is there an official conditioner?
Use of leather conditioner will have a good result on vynil or not?
For now there only seemsto be a small crease on the side of the driver's seat so I'll try a conditioner first. The dealer is abt 250 Km away and I'll probably wait for the next due service before reporting.
Thanks FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20143 14th May 2008 5:50 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Matei wrote:
and show them your empty bank account as proof that you bought it.

Now this was good Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
I did not get the leather leaflet with my seats. Is there an official conditioner?
Use of leather conditioner will have a good result on vynil or not?
For now there only seemsto be a small crease on the side of the driver's seat so I'll try a conditioner first. The dealer is abt 250 Km away and I'll probably wait for the next due service before reporting.
Thanks

The answer is YES Thumbs Up LR Leather cleaning kit pt.no. BAC500490
They mention to clean the leather every 6-months or more frequently if used in dusty or off road conditions Thumbs Up
I have not read this leather leaflet until you asked, maybe cos the writing is so small I had to use magnifying specs to read it Rolling Eyes Embarassed 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #20156 14th May 2008 8:21 pm
Matei

Thanks AndyC. Thumbs Up
I'll have to look now how to get it a bit cheaper than from the dealers.
This kit should be used only on leather parts or also on the vynil? FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20177 15th May 2008 6:46 am
Matei

Found out that in Germany the LR dealers there are selling the LR Leather cleaning kit pt.no. BAC500490 with 7,59 EUR and the bottle has 300 ml.
It's about 30 pct cheaper than at local dealers over here.
Anyway I'll get one for free as I will also have the front/rear lamp guards and bumper styling cover fitted by the German dealer while on holiday end of June. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #20202 15th May 2008 12:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12