United Kingdom 

matzker is very good quality Thumbs Up

Its a shame but I'll never be taking our FL2 on the rough stuff Rolling Eyes

Post #56410 23rd Jan 2010 12:49 pm
Paul

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

bjartin wrote:
Hi ROVERLAND,
Have you made the installation yourself, no problems with it!
In the German instructions are the following: Montagezeit 20 AW.
What is AW abbreviation for?

AW means "Arbeitswert" and equals 6 minutes, but sometimes it's only 5 minutes though ... Confused

20 AW would be 2 h ! Shocked

Post #56412 23rd Jan 2010 1:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ROVERLAND

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Thank you Paul, thats right. bjartin, the installation is very easy, you don´t need not even a service lift. Unscrew the 4 screws on original bottom panel, than srew on the Matzker sump guard with the supplied Matzker screws (much stronger than the LR-Screws). Ready! The shipping cost in germany was 10,- EUR. The matt powder-coating I had to have in a garage near Munich (40,- EUR). Hope it helps. HSE TD4, Auto, alpaca, matt black&carbon fibre wrapping, 235/65 R17 Conti CrossContact AT, 60mm H&R wheel spacers, Matzker sump guard, self-build side protection tubes, tinted headlamps, smoked side repeaters, auxiliary head lamps, caliper unit matt black powder-coated, colour coated front grille (without LR badge), side vents, light housing, Kuda iPhone console, car cigar jack in boot, „Black Rope“ dash trim kit, …

Post #56413 23rd Jan 2010 1:46 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Dorko wrote:
Damn.. got it in english?

Dorko

IN ENGLISH by Google:
As several tests have shown, the Freelander 2 extreme terrain. However, one needs a solid protection for the frontal subsoil, because sometimes it is essential to drive through area malls with momentum. In addition, reduced for vehicles with independent suspension springs compress when the ground clearance, which can lead quickly to a floor. We have constructed a very sturdy but lightweight front underrun protection from aircraft aluminum. Not for nothing the "Off Road judges" in their test in the Ausgabe10/2008: The Matzker Unterfahrschutzbleche are incredibly well-fitted and wasting an inch ground clearance. In addition, they are extremely stable - we were able to bend any. Which is nothing to add ... The underrun protection is supplied with matt silver finish. For an additional charge of 155.00 Euro, he is available in black. Assembly time 20 AW. LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #56414 23rd Jan 2010 1:47 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Also habe ich bestellt Thumbs Up LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #56418 23rd Jan 2010 2:44 pm
Marvo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Ausgezeichnet Thumbs Up

If they couldn't bend the Matzker then definately the way to go as the Mantec one I saw on the car was bent. Confused

Post #56439 23rd Jan 2010 5:28 pm
smo

England 

Nothing is indestructable.

Just because a tester/car mag writer couldnt bend it doesnt mean it cant be bent - ive bent 6mm and 8mm steel plates under my old defender before and most people dont manage that before. When you hit a rock even at low speed with a several tonne vehicle things bend.... I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #56441 23rd Jan 2010 5:46 pm
Marvo

smo wrote:
Nothing is indestructable.

Just because a tester/car mag writer couldnt bend it doesnt mean it cant be bent - ive bent 6mm and 8mm steel plates under my old defender before and most people dont manage that before. When you hit a rock even at low speed with a several tonne vehicle things bend....

I agree, I didn't mean to imply that Embarassed and it's better bending the accessory anyway. It's not too clear from the photo, but you can just see the bend along the top edge of the plate. If I was choosing between the two and having to go on what I have heard/seen/read I would go for the Matzker. I know the LRE guy wasn't too impressed with how easily the Mantec one bent (but, as you say, in the same circumstances the Matzker may do the same). If I was taking it more off road I would, however put the Mantec tank guard on it. Depends what you want to do with the car I suppose. Most of my serious off roading has been in 90's, 110's and Bedford TMs.

Post #56451 23rd Jan 2010 6:52 pm
smo

England 

Strangely it appears to have bent down not up from the pic, certainly on the top edge.

I now have a custom designed and built (designed by me using solidworks) frontal bash plate that runs from the top of the bumper right under the car to the axle on my D-Lander. Its made from 8mm 6082-T6 aluminium and according to the calculations can take a 10T point load and deflect less than 1mm.....Very Happy I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #56453 23rd Jan 2010 6:56 pm
Marvo

smo wrote:
Strangely it appears to have bent down not up from the pic, certainly on the top edge.

I now have a custom designed and built (designed by me using solidworks) frontal bash plate that runs from the top of the bumper right under the car to the axle on my D-Lander. Its made from 8mm 6082-T6 aluminium and according to the calculations can take a 10T point load and deflect less than 1mm.....Very Happy

You should post a pic of that (I wouldn't mind seeing it). Could be a market for your design there Very Happy

I really like Defenders, but my wife wasn't too impressed Rolling Eyes Probably just as well as the temptation to tamper would be too great Cool FL2 was the best choice for me. Mostly road work, limited funds (and wanted the piece of mind of a warranty for a couple of years), reasonable running costs and occasional off road (rutted tracks and bits of fields really - although I was really impressed with it at the LRE)

Our other car is a Smart Whistle It's now almost 8 years old and is rattling less than my FL2 Big Cry

For off road I quite fancy one of these Wink (although it should probably be on the RRS site)

http://www.bowler-offroad.com/Nem_2009/Nem...opment.htm

Post #56455 23rd Jan 2010 7:08 pm
ROVERLAND

I love the Bowler Nemesis! Incredible! Thumbs Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAtbMW9DzY HSE TD4, Auto, alpaca, matt black&carbon fibre wrapping, 235/65 R17 Conti CrossContact AT, 60mm H&R wheel spacers, Matzker sump guard, self-build side protection tubes, tinted headlamps, smoked side repeaters, auxiliary head lamps, caliper unit matt black powder-coated, colour coated front grille (without LR badge), side vents, light housing, Kuda iPhone console, car cigar jack in boot, „Black Rope“ dash trim kit, …

Post #56462 23rd Jan 2010 7:36 pm
Marvo

ROVERLAND wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAtbMW9DzY

race one for 'playing' and the EXR for 'good' Very Happy . Seemingly they are working on a military version too Cool

Post #56463 23rd Jan 2010 7:43 pm
Marvo

ROVERLAND wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAtbMW9DzY

It's interesting what Bowler say about the EXR

http://www.bowler-offroad.com/Nem_2009/Nemesis_EXR_home.htm

Post #56466 23rd Jan 2010 7:57 pm
ROVERLAND

bjartin wrote:
Also habe ich bestellt Thumbs Up

Hi bjartin, du wirst nicht enttäuscht werden. Wink Das Teil ist wirklich extrem stabil und von schwerer Qualität (ca. 15kg). Wieviel Versandkosten hast du?

Hi bjartin, you don´t be disappointed. Wink This part is really solid and from heavy quality (ca. 15 kg). How much shipping costs?
 HSE TD4, Auto, alpaca, matt black&carbon fibre wrapping, 235/65 R17 Conti CrossContact AT, 60mm H&R wheel spacers, Matzker sump guard, self-build side protection tubes, tinted headlamps, smoked side repeaters, auxiliary head lamps, caliper unit matt black powder-coated, colour coated front grille (without LR badge), side vents, light housing, Kuda iPhone console, car cigar jack in boot, „Black Rope“ dash trim kit, …

Post #56468 23rd Jan 2010 8:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>