Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Insurance charge on courtesy vehicles ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black
Insurance charge on courtesy vehicles ?

Why is it when I take my motor in for LR repairs under warranty I get charged £7.50 for the use of there courtesy car ? Sorry but I think the takes the Censored considering I certainly did not ask for there motor to go wrong.
However when I was interested in buying a FL2 I had a demo of one for a couple of days and not one person asked for a penny from me.
I just think the arrangements wrong, if theres a bill its LR's bill as far as im concerned.
Does anybody else get charged or is it just me. Big Cry

Post #54775 11th Jan 2010 9:29 pm
smo

England 

Common practice it seems, but i think its wrong too! I've even been asked to pay £10 to test drive a car before for damage waiver....i told the bloke i'd pay it if and when i crashed and not before! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #54776 11th Jan 2010 9:33 pm
On-board

That went down well. "You can test drive a car that I want to sell you but first youve gotta give me a tenner."

What a great sales tactic - talk about getting off on the wrong foot ! Rolling with laughter

Post #54780 11th Jan 2010 9:45 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I wasn't charged on Dec the 29th when I took mine down to the dealer but they generally do though on the form I signed I believe I would be responsible for an excess of either £250 or £500 if I dinged it!!

I'm pretty sure most dealers do charge around £10 nowdays but yes it does seem strange that if you test drive one there is no charge especially as in my case they let me have one for over 24 hours & when I was buying the FL1 back in 2001 I had one for the whole weekend!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #54783 11th Jan 2010 9:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smo

England 

It wasnt landrover, it was seat - i did test drive the car, i didnt crash it so i didnt pay the £10 but it drove like a bag of nails, it was rubbish which i duely informed them only to be told it was due to be "looked at" as they had been told by another person it wasnt quite right!! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #54784 11th Jan 2010 9:47 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

smo wrote:
It wasnt landrover, it was seat - i did test drive the car, i didnt crash it so i didnt pay the £10 but it drove like a bag of nails, it was rubbish which i duely informed them only to be told it was due to be "looked at" as they had been told by another person it wasnt quite right!!

If I wanted a Seat I would go to Harveys lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #54785 11th Jan 2010 9:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Carnoch

I had a row of global significance with my local dealer - in essence they had treated me like rubbish since I purchased my last LR from them. You have no idea what I had to suffer. An upshot of this was I got a free 1st service - basically I told them what I wanted to make some amends, and a CC. Nothing to sign, no mention of a tenner, no mention of petrol. They were also so polite, I almost vomitted. however, I was quite happy.

Post #54786 11th Jan 2010 9:53 pm
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

One reason why I left Volvo {estates} after 18 years was the £12 they stuck on a service bill for the loan car Insurance.Now with LR insurance I wont get done again on that particular stroke. 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #54819 11th Jan 2010 11:16 pm
On-board

I have no choice, I have to pay otherwise Im not insured. Big Cry

Just makes me laugh how they never worried when I took it for a day on test drive. Cool

Post #54838 11th Jan 2010 11:38 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My insurance co. normally transfer my insurance onto the courtesy car for the day, at no cost, I find out the reg no. of the loaner and they fax a cover note to the garage.

At present my dealer doesnt charge so I dont need this but I do with my pickup and vw and audis I once owned At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #54843 11th Jan 2010 11:44 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

They try it with me, though my cmpany has fleet insurance which covers it, and they have done it without when it was in for a recall. Mind you , I did get told that I shouldn't have collected my new wheels in the last loaner I had by one person. The other said it was fine, which I pointed out was just as well as I had the new wheels and I'd told them I was going to get them. Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #54852 12th Jan 2010 12:20 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

LR used to charge me £15 per day when my FL2 went in for 'warranty' repairs. When they had it in for a week they knocked it down to £10 per day, still takes the Censored if you ask me!

Post #54878 12th Jan 2010 10:42 am
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Mine went in for service recently and no charge for CC made when I informed them my motor was insured by LR insurance.

Bill Turner. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #55207 14th Jan 2010 12:34 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Ours (Marshalls p'boro) have the option, although they didn't charge anything at all till a few months ago. You can take the car for free but you have a £1000 excess for any damage caused, pay £10 to remove the excess (only relevant if the accident is your fault, as with your own insurance) or cover it on your own insurance.

If the dealer wants to charge you, check your own insurance, most will cover a courtesy car (as they're still only covering one car), and some will allow you to call them on the morning, when you find out the reg of the car you're getting.

Post #55209 14th Jan 2010 1:06 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Never been charged in 20 or so times of the old car going in

I be Censored Skint if I had Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55216 14th Jan 2010 2:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>