« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Shell V+ diesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Mav71,
Many thanks for your reply and it certainly makes a case for using the higher grade fuel. I guess if it is your money your buying the fuel with and you need to make conservation of the engine an issue, (i paid over £1000 for new fuel injectors on my Mercs due to the fuel being "a bit gritty"), it makes sense to pay a bit more for a better fuel. Anyway I will follow the advice and fill up with premium fuel for the next few times and see if it makes a difference. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #53494 2nd Jan 2010 3:47 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Ralphk wrote:
Mav71,
Many thanks for your reply and it certainly makes a case for using the higher grade fuel. I guess if it is your money your buying the fuel with and you need to make conservation of the engine an issue, (i paid over £1000 for new fuel injectors on my Mercs due to the fuel being "a bit gritty"), it makes sense to pay a bit more for a better fuel. Anyway I will follow the advice and fill up with premium fuel for the next few times and see if it makes a difference.

Ralph please keep us advised of your findings. Thumbs Up

Currently i use Morrisons finest, but would consider changing if the claims are true.

Be gutted to lose me £5 voucher though. Big Cry

Post #53505 2nd Jan 2010 5:00 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Boxer wrote:

I'm with you there Whistle I have no problems with morrisons fuel anyway, but dont have a great choice in my area anyways At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #53506 2nd Jan 2010 5:13 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I don't use supermarket diesel, you pay more at the pump for Morrisons c Censored p than any local main brand (Esso/Total etc.)....why do you think they are ''giving'' you a £5 quid voucher Rolling with laughter

Post #53518 2nd Jan 2010 5:32 pm
chicken george

mcphersonstrut wrote:
I don't use supermarket diesel, you pay more at the pump for Morrisons c Censored p than any local main brand (Esso/Total etc.)....why do you think they are ''giving'' you a £5 quid voucher Rolling with laughter

Dont care this is Yorks, £5 is £5 , I'm happy , Mrs G's happy , Ken Morrison is over the moon....Also he uses morrisons finest in his FFRR (or rather his chauffeur does Laughing )

Also my only other local station sells 'Tate oils diesel' what ever that is Confused At work
At home

Post #53523 2nd Jan 2010 5:45 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
mcphersonstrut wrote:

Dont care this is Yorks, £5 is £5 , I'm happy , Mrs G's happy , Ken Morrison is over the moon....Also he uses morrisons finest in his FFRR (or rather his chauffeur does Laughing )

Also my only other local station sells 'Tate oils diesel' what ever that is Confused

.....Of course Ken is over the moon, he's getting your money. Rolling with laughter I like to spend mine on quality stuff like 'Yorkshires free range eggs - laid and packed in Yorkshire' Thumbs Up .....OMG do they come from your chickens bums? Shocked

Post #53533 2nd Jan 2010 5:54 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Boxer wrote:
Ralphk wrote:
Mav71,
Many thanks for your reply and it certainly makes a case for using the higher grade fuel. I guess if it is your money your buying the fuel with and you need to make conservation of the engine an issue, (i paid over £1000 for new fuel injectors on my Mercs due to the fuel being "a bit gritty"), it makes sense to pay a bit more for a better fuel. Anyway I will follow the advice and fill up with premium fuel for the next few times and see if it makes a difference.

Currently i use Morrisons finest, but would consider changing if the claims are true.

A buddy of mine owns a company that install, repair and maintains petrol stations. He tells me that Morrisons are still using summer diesel which does not have the anti waxing agents. He is changing filters left right and centre due to waxing fuel blocking them. Morrisons fuel is also the lowest grade of diesel in the UK, it's not refined in Europe either and only just scrapes into BS standards.

Don't worry about your fuel vouchers. If you switch over to shell, get a V-Power card and you get free fuel vouchers every 3 months. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #53698 3rd Jan 2010 8:28 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Okay I'm going to try a couple of tankfuls. will let you know how i get on Thumbs Up

Post #53699 3rd Jan 2010 9:21 pm
MLEE

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

What is price of Shell V-Power diesel at the minute? FL2 HSE Manual in Stornaway Grey
2008 Premium Pack
19" Chrome Shadow Wheels
Privacy Glass
Xenons

Post #53702 3rd Jan 2010 9:30 pm
chicken george

Mav71 wrote:
Boxer wrote:
Ralphk wrote:
Mav71,

A buddy of mine owns a company that install, repair and maintains petrol stations. He tells me that Morrisons are still using summer diesel which does not have the anti waxing agents. He is changing filters left right and centre due to waxing fuel blocking them. Morrisons fuel is also the lowest grade of diesel in the UK, it's not refined in Europe either and only just scrapes into BS standards.

Don't worry about your fuel vouchers. If you switch over to shell, get a V-Power card and you get free fuel vouchers every 3 months.
 At work
At home

Post #53712 3rd Jan 2010 10:21 pm
chicken george

Mav71 wrote:

Don't worry about your fuel vouchers. If you switch over to shell, get a V-Power card and you get free fuel vouchers every 3 months.

you miss the point, there are no other fuel stations near me , the voucher means nothing to me as Mrs G nicks it anyway and spends it on groceries.

However the car runs fine, At work
At home

Post #53714 3rd Jan 2010 10:23 pm
chicken george

Mav71 wrote:

you miss the point, there are no other fuel stations near me , the voucher means nothing to me as Mrs G nicks it anyway and spends it on groceries.

However the car runs fine, and I have seen no evidence of diesel waxing in the cold At work
At home

Post #53715 3rd Jan 2010 10:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12