Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > I will be shot at dawn for this!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
I will be shot at dawn for this!

I know I know, I swore I would never have another Audi after the last sham of a new A3 S-Line 2.0T we bought 3 1/2 years ago.

We have had our Freelander 2 HSE nearly 2 1/2 years and should be looking to change it towards the back end of 2010, so have been looking round.

I still may opt for another Freelander 2 HSE but in Auto next time. But I have been looking around.

It has to be big enough to pull the caravan and be an Estate. An Insignia VXR Sports Tourer was a good choice but Mrs Mav does not like anything VXR due to how they look.

So....................................Although it may make me look like a total hypocrite.

The lure of an Audi S4 4.2 V8 Avant is becoming Stronger by the day! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #53224 30th Dec 2009 6:53 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: I will be shot at dawn for this!

Mav71 wrote:
I know I know, I swore I would never have another Audi after the last sham of a new A3 S-Line 2.0T we bought 3 1/2 years ago.

We have had our Freelander 2 HSE nearly 2 1/2 years and should be looking to change it towards the back end of 2010, so have been looking round.

I still may opt for another Freelander 2 HSE but in Auto next time. But I have been looking around.

It has to be big enough to pull the caravan and be an Estate. An Insignia VXR Sports Tourer was a good choice but Mrs Mav does not like anything VXR due to how they look.

So....................................Although it may make me look like a total hypocrite.

The lure of an Audi S4 4.2 V8 Avant is becoming Stronger by the day!

Goodby Mav71 - another one bites the dust (or is about to) Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #53225 30th Dec 2009 7:01 pm
Mav71

We'll still have it for the next 10 months or so! But if it was purely down to MRs Mav, we'd keep this one or have another! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #53227 30th Dec 2009 7:10 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Aim.........FIRE!!!!!!! Laughing

Lol only joking - I'm in a similar position due to company car stuf but hoping to hold out and buy my own vehicle.

Post #53228 30th Dec 2009 7:14 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Now that we have a 'proper' car to pull the van and I have to change the company car, I've gone for a Golf Bluemotion (In White)
Proper car = 23 mpg Big Cry
Golf = 70 mpg Shocked
Will continue to drive the proper car at weekends Thumbs Up
Don't leave us Mav71......wait for an LRX Idea

Post #53229 30th Dec 2009 7:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

When looking at my car change I saw a Audi RS4 which looked great but it couldn't have a towbar, can the S4 Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #53233 30th Dec 2009 8:07 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Re: I will be shot at dawn for this!

Mav71 wrote:

The lure of an Audi S4 4.2 V8 Avant is becoming Stronger by the day!

Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #53234 30th Dec 2009 8:11 pm
MVS

npinks wrote:
When looking at my car change I saw a Audi RS4 which looked great but it couldn't have a towbar, can the S4 Question

Sorry this is not strictly true as I very nearly bought one, but it does have to be factory fitted as I recall.

The only thing was the dealer said that no Audi main dealer would have it back as a p/ex or PCP return if it had a tow bar on, or had had one Rolling Eyes

Post #53237 30th Dec 2009 8:46 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

MVS wrote:

The only thing was the dealer said that no Audi main dealer would have it back as a p/ex or PCP return if it had a tow bar on, or had had one

clever Audi Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #53238 30th Dec 2009 8:54 pm
MVS

chicken george wrote:
MVS wrote:

The only thing was the dealer said that no Audi main dealer would have it back as a p/ex or PCP return if it had a tow bar on, or had had one

clever Audi Thumbs Up

This was on a RS4 avant specifically, whether it is also the case on an S4 I don't know Confused

Post #53239 30th Dec 2009 8:59 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
When looking at my car change I saw a Audi RS4 which looked great but it couldn't have a towbar, can the S4 Question

According to "whattowcar.com" the S4 4.2 V8 has a limited tow limited, 59kg's too heavy for my caravan, so I suppose that rules out the S4 4.2. The RS4 4.2 is listed as a towcar.

But the new S4 3.0 V6 Supercharged is listed as being a good match for the caravan! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #53242 30th Dec 2009 9:09 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi Mav

sounds like you are comparing chalk with cheese.

A friend has an S4 and the V8 sounds absolutely gorgeous and that isn't just compared to my td4!

Hold on to you license my friend if you let your heart rule!! But I suppose with a big 'van on the back it should slow it down a little! Laughing There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #53244 30th Dec 2009 9:43 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

MVS wrote:
npinks wrote:

Sorry this is not strictly true as I very nearly bought one, but it does have to be factory fitted as I recall.

The only thing was the dealer said that no Audi main dealer would have it back as a p/ex or PCP return if it had a tow bar on, or had had one Rolling Eyes

Just goes to prove that Audi do not manufacture proper cars - cant fit a tow bar Laughing what a laugh Laughing

almost as bad if Land Rover produced a 2-wheel drive vehicle Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #53246 30th Dec 2009 10:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

There was something not so long ago about BMW X5 towbars costing £1800 iirc due to engine upgrades been required, made me wonder what happens to all those who went to have a cheap one put on at towbarsRus Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #53251 30th Dec 2009 10:32 pm
Mav71

DrownedRat wrote:
Hi Mav

sounds like you are comparing chalk with cheese.

A friend has an S4 and the V8 sounds absolutely gorgeous and that isn't just compared to my td4!

Hold on to you license my friend if you let your heart rule!! But I suppose with a big 'van on the back it should slow it down a little! Laughing

I don't need worry about my license, for the Mrs we normally have a quick car, the FL2 is the first time we have bought the Mrs a diesel and a 4x4, before that we had a ABT tuned 270bhp Audi A3 2.0T S-Line and before that we have a Courtenay tuned Zafira GSi Turbo running 290bhp.

So in some ways I want to go back to something quick. My Signum is the 1.9 CDTi 150 (30,000 miles a year) but I have had that re-mapped to 195bhp and 311lb/ft so it's quick but bot in the same league as Mrs Mav's past cars.

I would love to put the Signum's engine in the FL2, it is a much better engine to be honest. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #53284 31st Dec 2009 10:37 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>