Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Shukers (Shrewsbury)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Shukers (Shrewsbury)

Credit where credit is due, I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Shukers (Shrewsbury) Land Rover Sales Department, and in particular to Dean Bishton.

After a forced absence from LRs over the last 18 months or so, it was time to return to the fold. Initially I was looking at a second-hand Disco from Shukers, one of my local LR dealers, but then I started thinking about a new FL2. After a bit more thought, I was down to either a GS with sunroof, or an XS without. Colourwise, I decided on Tambora Flame. When I rang Dean to get some prices, he advised me that Tambora was no longer available to order, but they did have access to an unregistered Tambora XS, which suited me fine as I was in a hurry to get a new vehicle, and a pre-built model stopped me getting carried away with extras...

So after some sporting haggling, we agreed on a price of just under £24,000 for an XS + metallic paint + side mouldings, which I reckon is a saving of over £2000 on list price. And on top of that, Dean contacted me a couple of days before I picked it up to say that the car was actually fitted with front and rear lamp guards – did I want these for free?

So I got the car that I wanted at a price I was happy with, but the best praise must go to Dean for bending over backwards to make me a happy customer (oo-er!) by going out of his way to beat some very tight deadlines, he could have easily just said that the car wouldn’t be ready for when I wanted it.

I’ve had some pretty uninspiring experiences with various LR dealers in the past, so to find one that actually treats you like someone spending a lot of money with them makes a refreshing change, and I think deserves a recommendation here.

Post #3227 21st May 2007 8:38 pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

NightFox, is this your Fl2?

Click image to enlarge

Spotted @ Shukers on 13th May Cool

Post #4403 7th Jul 2007 10:19 pm
CY

Scotland 

That is top banana (or should I say Orange?) Thumbs Up

Like a little G4 Cool "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #4408 8th Jul 2007 12:08 am
NightFox

Andy wrote:
NightFox, is this your Fl2?

Spotted @ Shukers on 13th May Cool

Cool, yes!

Getting roof rails fitted on Tuesday, so I'll do some more photos then

Good spot!

Post #4412 8th Jul 2007 12:50 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

I use Shukers in Ludlow - they are a top company Thumbs Up

Post #4421 8th Jul 2007 5:39 pm
NightFox

I've really got to add to this thread concerning my experience of going back to Shukers 3 months later and asking for a new Freelander 'cos I'd broken my old one...

Basically, my insurers (Direct Line) were offering to replace my car through Lombard, which would have meant a factory order (no Tambora Flame and another 6-8 weeks wait on top of the 6 week's I'd already been left without a car). As an alternative, Direct Line did offer me a cheque, but they warned me it would be based on trade price without extras. And it was - a lot less than what I had paid, and I'd got a pretty good discount in the first place.

Anyway, before I made a decision whether to accept DL's offer, I phoned Dean at Shukers to see what they could do for me, and basically they agreed to replace the vehicle for what DL were giving me (plus a heavily reduced difference to upgrade to an SE). As far as I can see, Shukers basically made no profit on this sale, and were able to turn round the order in about a week. Sure, you could say that they'd already had their profit out of me the first time round, but they could have easily and quite reasonably expected me to pay that price again.

Now I don't think you can fault that, can you?

Post #6174 4th Sep 2007 8:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1