Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Clutch Slipping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
7Iron

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Clutch has now been bled again and is fine.

Should be back to normal now, ready to get the van behind again, thanks for the sympathy CG. !!

Post #51252 30th Nov 2009 12:27 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

7Iron, Glad to here it's fixed. Please keep us all informed if you have any other problems with the clutch.

waaxh03

Post #51275 30th Nov 2009 7:12 pm
Mudflap

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Is this a clutch problem?

Hi, just joined the forum having bought a 2007 (07 plate) XS .

Dismayed to find (only days after purchase) that on occasions the car seems to have 2 or 3 "judders" when engine under full load in 5th & 6th (accelerator to the floor between 1500 and 2500 rpm) . Seems to clear and is an intermittent fault. Car ahs done 25000 miles.
Also notice that sometimes the clutch will slip very slightly for a 3 or 4 secs by approx 200-300 revs but it doesn't do this every time.
My conclusion is that this is all the clutch. Appears to be a common problem but the local dealer was clueless yesterday. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Car still under warranty, so hopefull it wont be a problem to get fixed.

Also, is the loud beep when selecting revers supposed to stay on? Sometimes I just get a short beep , other times its a continuous bleep until I disengage revers. Understand the reason for the short beep but not when it stays on continuously. Is this a fault?

Post #51649 6th Dec 2009 10:07 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Mudflap wrote:

Also, is the loud beep when selecting revers supposed to stay on? Sometimes I just get a short beep , other times its a continuous bleep until I disengage revers. Understand the reason for the short beep but not when it stays on continuously. Is this a fault?

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic4634.html At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #51650 6th Dec 2009 10:20 am
Andyxs

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yep my clutch has just started showing the same symtoms at 2000 rpm, mileage is 13,500.
Dealer has checked car but could not replicate the problem. At the same time they replaced the handbrake lever, ordered a new a/c compressor (noisy bearing) and both b pillar trims because of a persistant high frequency rattle.

Post #51668 6th Dec 2009 1:10 pm
RichardC

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I am taking mine in for it's first service today, and I have asked them to look at the clutch as im experiencing the same slipping issues. Currently on 14,100 miles. Freelander 2 GS TD4, Santorini Black

Post #51727 7th Dec 2009 7:49 am
7Iron

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

It was fortunate that I was able to demonstrate the slipping to the dealer as I was passing with the caravan in tow, took one of their tech's out in it, not sure that he was aware whet he was looking for though, but he did say the right words when we got back to the shop.

Have not towed with it since new clutch fitted, sold the van after the demo and am awaiting a new one

Don't take a no from them, it did take 4 days for LR to make the warranty decision on mine.

Post #51773 7th Dec 2009 10:01 pm
Rich1647

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

My 2007 Freelander2 has 25000 miles on clock and clutch has been slipping in high gears for weeks.I've never towed anything and the vehicle has been carefully driven (still on original brake pads).Have approached local dealers and Land Rover head office but both maintain it's a wear and tear item and tell me that if they remove the clutch and find it's simply worn,I'll be liable for full cost of replacement.There's no denying the clutch is worn out but I say it's worn prematurely.
I have noted the earlier postings and would be interested of anyone else getting clutches replaced under warranty as I try to build myself a case against Land Rover who insist there are no problems with the clutches on this particular vehicle.
Cheers Rich. 2007 GS Manual

Post #55221 14th Jan 2010 2:20 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Good luck with Land Rover - my original Freelander 1 spat it's clutch out at less than 13000 miles - not warranty as it's a wear and tear item Evil or Very Mad Second went at 30000 miles Censored . No tow bar fitted, so never towed a van, but heavily used off road. Embarassed
If you have ever treid to change a clutch on the original Td on the drive, you will know why I only drive autos'.

The second clutch was an aftermarket item and lasted until the vehicle went back - another 60000ish miles

Pleaded with the dealer, got angry with Land Rover "Customer Service" what a waste of time.

Post #55340 15th Jan 2010 1:11 pm
Mudflap

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Got to hand it to LR, Clutch replaced under warranty (although it was a battle betwen the dealer and LR for a few days) - also had to have new flywheel (yikes! wonder why?) and rear end seal (leaking).

Rear parking sensor harness also replaced (but still throws a wobbly ever now and then).

Latest worry is that car wont start occasionally (as if battery gone flat) - then recovers all by itself! Yet battery in good condition.

Have noticed that high-pitched buzz at front of engine just after its turned off, then click and silence. Am told this is the computer sytem shutting down. Once it didnt stop buzzing so I turned engine on and off which cured it. Wonder if this was the cause of the first flat battery (electrics must have got locked into close-down mode and drained power overnight)

Post #55836 18th Jan 2010 10:42 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

yes I've noticed the high pitched buzz, mines stops after about a minute.

Iain

Post #55846 19th Jan 2010 8:20 am
Ionut

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Nazca Sand

I had a problem with a strange battery discharge.

A consumer remained on (I don't know what), after the car was parked (locked), and drained the battery. This battery discharge happened in about 2 weeks (in that time I didn't use the car).

Since (3 weeks ago), never happened again.

I still don't know what happened.

Please check the topic "Battery / electrical system" about this event.
If you have any suggestion please reply on the above topic.

Post #56275 22nd Jan 2010 2:57 pm
kezman50

England 

To those who have reported clutch issues and are in talks with dealers, like Rich1647..........what's the update? How have you got on?

Post #57507 30th Jan 2010 8:17 am
Rich1647

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

kezman50 wrote:
To those who have reported clutch issues and are in talks with dealers, like Rich1647..........what's the update? How have you got on?
Hi Kezman. Still trying to get a bit more hard evidence together before I go back to dealers.When I tried a couple of months ago both my local(ish) dealers and Land Rover customer service were unsympathetic quoting the 'wear and tear' line and saying that if they removed the clutch and it was simply worn,I'd be liable for the whole cost.
There seems to be loads of clutch problems similar to mine,but what I really need is a few specific cases I can quote and perhaps a helpful dealer who has some knowledge of an ongoing clutch problem to give me a bit more ammunition.
Gonna get on the case again next week,I don't mind travelling to a decent dealer,Land Rover Park Royal seem to get good reviews on here.
Any feedback on here from anyone on this issue is much appreciated.Cheers Rich. 2007 GS Manual

Post #57512 30th Jan 2010 10:06 am
ROVERLAND

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Matzker offers a strengthened (proper word?) clutch for Freelander 2 for 645,00 EUR.

http://www.matzker.de/product_info.php?products_id=1025

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/displayimag...&pos=0 HSE TD4, Auto, alpaca, matt black&carbon fibre wrapping, 235/65 R17 Conti CrossContact AT, 60mm H&R wheel spacers, Matzker sump guard, self-build side protection tubes, tinted headlamps, smoked side repeaters, auxiliary head lamps, caliper unit matt black powder-coated, colour coated front grille (without LR badge), side vents, light housing, Kuda iPhone console, car cigar jack in boot, „Black Rope“ dash trim kit, …

Post #57515 30th Jan 2010 10:35 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>