« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander keyed!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
flyboyben

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Freelander keyed!!!

Gutted, shocked and appauled are words which don't come close to how I feel after finding a key scratch right down the side of my FL2. All the way from the front passenger door to the rear quarter panel. Its all the more annoying that the car was parked outside my house which is in a quiet street in a quiet town.

Anyway, can any of the Aberdeen guys recommend a good body shop in the area who could help?

Cheers TD4, HSE, Santorini Black, SS side protection tubes, clear side repeaters, chrome wing mirror covers

Post #49419 27th Oct 2009 3:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I know how you feel My old FL2 was keyed on the front wing and passager door

My dealer quote was £600 to fix, my mobile spray chap did it for £168 and it was perfect

unfortuanatly mine was in Leeds, not Aberdeen Embarassed Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49420 27th Oct 2009 4:20 pm
ad210358

England 

I would have suggested Chipsaway, they did a good job on my TD5 but one of my boys has a 07 Black Focus which which got scraped in a B&Q car park.

He came back to his car to find a inch wide scrape about a yard long on the passenger side doors, it was just coincidental that the scrape was white and the boxes of laminate flooring were that was on the trolley that they were loading in to there crappy Laguna was also white, they denied but as no one had actually seen them do it nothing could be proved.

Anyway we removed most of the mark off with Tcut but it had left a mark about two feet long taking the top layer of paint off about the thickness of a ballpoint pen and Chipsaway advised him not top bother with it as apparantly Black is the worst colour to touching in and would always show unless he had the complete panels sprayed. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #49422 27th Oct 2009 6:33 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Effin barstewards. Sums up what's wrong in uk.

Hate that. Happened 2 my car. Mine old too. Jealous people need shootin. Do not use t cut. 2 harsh. If you feel the scratch with your nail needs respray. Maybe claim on ins if you have decent ncb? Xcess v panel resprays Live your life be free-lander

Post #49428 27th Oct 2009 8:33 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have seem chipaway work and wouldn't use them Shocked They only have a short training curve etc

why don't you do what I did, join detailingworld and ask for recommendations, I have to say some love there cars si much your bound to get top quality advice from somebody who has used the repairer Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49429 27th Oct 2009 8:45 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just thought forum sponsor JKP Detail might know somebody

johns up your way too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 27th Oct 2009 10:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #49430 27th Oct 2009 8:46 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Censored Censored Censored Censored w Censored s,

Sorry to hear about this Flyboyben, when someone put a dint in my rear passenger door it was repaired at Kinghorn Bodyshop out at Blackburn.

Not sure what their prices are like though. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #49433 27th Oct 2009 10:20 pm
flyboyben

Thanks for the replies folks.

Kinghorn were recommended to me by T&C as they use them for their bodywork repairs etc. I do know of a few detailers around the town (Polished Bliss in Kintore for example) but I am also aware of their prices. I'll just need to spend some time getting some quotes.

Thats the worse thing about all this...the hassle of getting it sorted. TD4, HSE, Santorini Black, SS side protection tubes, clear side repeaters, chrome wing mirror covers

Post #49442 28th Oct 2009 7:57 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

What the Censored can you expect when you drive a environmentally damaging, fuel guzzling dinosaur of a transport vehicle. You should know by now we should all be using public transport or driving electric vehicles. The Greenies will strike again soon and Censored rubbish all those crap vehicles we load of dummies have wasted lots of hard earned cash on Twisted Evil – either that or they are Censored envious of what we got Evil or Very Mad  2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #49444 28th Oct 2009 9:11 am
tonka

United Kingdom 

Sorry about your bad luck mate makes you wonder is it worth spending £20k+ on a nice car ????

Post #49451 28th Oct 2009 12:25 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Conversation with a Doctor customer who had just had his car "keyed" and radio stolen,

ME) we should do what they do in some countries and cut off a hand,
Drs Reply) Yes but I would also cut off their b---s and prevent a follow up generation. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #49452 28th Oct 2009 4:31 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

druand wrote:
Conversation with a Doctor customer who had just had his car "keyed" and radio stolen,

ME) we should do what they do in some countries and cut off a hand,
Drs Reply) Yes but I would also cut off their b---s and prevent a follow up generation.

I agree with that statment Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #49455 28th Oct 2009 5:10 pm
flyboyben

Repair is quoted at £1100 Shocked

Insurance company involved now Neutral TD4, HSE, Santorini Black, SS side protection tubes, clear side repeaters, chrome wing mirror covers

Post #49883 6th Nov 2009 2:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

just make sure your happy with the job by insisting that the car is sent to garage that is recommended and has a proven track record Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49884 6th Nov 2009 2:12 pm
flyboyben

Yeah cheers, I've already knocked back the insurance company's recommended repairer and insisted on the Land Rover Approved repairer up here TD4, HSE, Santorini Black, SS side protection tubes, clear side repeaters, chrome wing mirror covers

Post #49885 6th Nov 2009 2:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>