Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > URGENT: 2-DIN System Park.Sensors & Steering button solu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black
URGENT: 2-DIN System Park.Sensors & Steering button solu

Does anyone know and tested a solution for this. I cannot find anyone who's system still have the steeringwheel buttons working and the rear parking sensors working.

I plan to install the new Kenwood DNX-9240BT but I want those things to still work.

It is REALLY URGENT so if anyone knows, please share your info with me.

Post #45068 13th Jul 2009 2:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zone30

Anybody tried any of these solutions with success?

http://www.ncs-systems.com/prod/637
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIJACK/PA...mp;tp=3405

Post #45443 20th Jul 2009 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zone30

Anybody?... Big Cry

Post #45574 22nd Jul 2009 7:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Try PMing Wiggs over on Disco3 he knows a thing or two Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #45578 22nd Jul 2009 8:02 am
zone30

Wiggs did not know all that much.

I'm back from vacation now and got some good news: apparently Kenwood has build an adapter for their systems which enables the steering wheel controls as well as keep the parking sensors working. My installer phoned me about it. Once h can get a hold of it, I'll be letting him install the system in my car.

Yipieee!!!!

I'll be sure to give more info when I get it, including pictures once installed.

Post #46793 22nd Aug 2009 7:59 pm
zone30

RESULT!

Got the Kenwood fitted, added a grand subwoofer in the boot which needs some work casing in, but all works great.
Got the steering wheel controls functioning, and the front and back parking sensors 2.

Only change is that you need to turn off the sensors before you turn of the car, otherwise they will keep bleeping, but other then that it works perfectly. Gonna write Kenwood about that becouse i think it might be resolved by software update in the future.

Total cost is about the same as when you get the satnav from LR itself installed, but it can do so much more, and the sound is soooooo gooooood.

FYI what I had installed:
Entertainment system: Kenwood DNX 9420 BT
Subwoofer: Pioneer TS-WX77A

I still have to incase the submoofer as my installer said it would even sound better that way.I always have a case with starter cables and such in my car which is about the same hight as the subwoofer so i'll make room for that too.
The way I will do it is: make a copy of the floor board and put vertical pieces in between. Near the backseats I'll install the subwoofer and near the front, I'll leave space to put my emergency case. That way it's always reacheable even when the car is loaded, and I create a flat boot floor again. I just need to make it detachable so when i put the back seats down I get a long flat floor.
but all that will be a winter job.

Photos will follow shortly

Post #47258 7th Sep 2009 8:50 am
zone30

Tryed to play a divx wright from USB and it works great! The file has to be in the root dough, whille other stuff can be in subdirs on the stick. Very happy about that result.

Other then the parking sensor glitch, which isn't so bad once you know what to do, it works great.
There's also no easy way to switch from movie view to music view in the usb mode, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
The Garmin satnav is not so good as a TomTom would be, but I can live with it. It's mostly for not too long, not to complicated distances, and it's probably much better then most factory installed satnavs. Its got TMC wich is a plus.
Bluetooth connection is fast and very stable. It worked from the first second as I wanted it to, so very happy with that too.

I haven't gotten around to reading the manual, except for looking some stuff up.

I've mailed Kanwood about the parking sensors, and the mailed back theat they have forwarded it to the home office, so service seems good too.

Steeringwheel controls work so good. Mode is a bit tricky as there are so many modes now, 10 to be excact, while there used to be only 2 on the factory system. You have no way to scroll backwards with the mode button, but that's not Kenwoods fault. Thank god there's a voice control which works fantastic and is so much easier then the mode button. While pressing mode, you'll need to watch the screen to see where you are at, and have to go all the way round again if you press it one time too much. With voice control you just say what you want and you are there.

This is really the only aftermarket system that does it all without loosing anything.

And I've paid about the same as a factory installed, full featured system. And that includes a 200Watt Subwoofer in the boot and includes intallation by a professional.

Fyi:
factory system:
2180: satnav with TMC
550: bluetooth
--------

Kenwood + subwoofer + installation: 2739

Yeah, it only costs 9 euros more!

Post #47348 9th Sep 2009 12:57 pm
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Sounds like a good set up Thumbs Up . Have you got any photos you can upload? HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #47349 9th Sep 2009 1:09 pm
zone30

I'm planning on taking some today so I can put them online tomorrow.

Post #47350 9th Sep 2009 1:22 pm
zone30

Sorry it took so long, but in an hour or so you should see pictures in my gallery.

Post #47453 13th Sep 2009 4:15 pm
proplus

This is just the thread I'm looking for....

zone30: can I ask if that adapter (for the steering wheel controls) come separately from the head unit or is it built-in? Do you have a product code or link to it?

Can't afford a top of the range unit like yours, looking at something like the 5 or 7 series models.

Post #47475 15th Sep 2009 4:11 am
proplus

Is it this one:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/techn...aw_fd7510/

...and will it work for other units like Alpine or Pioneer?

Post #47476 15th Sep 2009 4:15 am
zone30

Don't know, but only Kenwood has them. So mail them for it if you want.
My installer got it for me.

It's just out tough so it might not be online yet.

Post #47496 16th Sep 2009 11:45 am
Gecko

Vatican 

zone30 wrote:

Who did the intallation ? I wonder if he might be able to do anything with my Pioneer system - for which I still have no steering wheel controls or parking sensors...... Sad

Post #48065 1st Oct 2009 10:48 am
darrellr

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

zone30 wrote:

Part number is CAW-LR1600 and is listed as only working with rear PDC.

PDF file New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #48135 2nd Oct 2009 1:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>