« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > had issue for a year or so with central locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cogsbody

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
had issue for a year or so with central locking

as title says, ive had an issue for a year or so that ive not had any luck fixing, nor seeing other posts about this issue.

when its sunny and the car is locked, my alarm triggers.
i managed to catch it once and it says the passenger door is open.
the door is locked physically, it just seems to think that the door has been opened from the inside.

some posts have said about replacing the actuator, but all the posts i have found seem to have the issue of it either not locking or not unlocking, none seem to have the condition of it being when the sun hits the door.

the car locks and unlocks ok, though on particularly sunny days, if i try to lock the car once the alarm has been triggered the car beeps as if the door is open, and the only way to get it to lock is to open the windows.

my current thought process is to have a look at the grounding circuit and see if there's a loose wire, that when heated up by the sun is loosing connection, however i cant see anything obvious.

any advice you can give to help pin down this gremlin would be much appreciated.

not sure if it matters or not but mine is a 2006 plate, so pre facelift.

Post #441251 30th Apr 2024 10:09 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

It's possible for the door open sensor to be faulty, potentially signalling that the door is open if there's a temperature change.
This sensor in part of the lock assembly, so replacing the lock would solve the issue.
I'll need to look at the wiring diagram to see if the door module has anything to do with the door open sensor, but I'd guess it doesn't, or the door modules in all door would need to remain active when the vehicle is locked. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #441256 30th Apr 2024 10:35 am
Kot

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

My Bad Rolling with laughter

Post #441265 30th Apr 2024 2:33 pm
cogsbody

Kot wrote:
My Bad Rolling with laughter

no worries, i was going to ask if that would give the indication on the dash saying passenger door open or not haha

Post #441267 30th Apr 2024 3:23 pm
cogsbody

Nodge68 wrote:
It's possible for the door open sensor to be faulty, potentially signalling that the door is open if there's a temperature change.
This sensor in part of the lock assembly, so replacing the lock would solve the issue.
I'll need to look at the wiring diagram to see if the door module has anything to do with the door open sensor, but I'd guess it doesn't, or the door modules in all door would need to remain active when the vehicle is locked.

cheers, ive seen a few videos on replacing the lock assembly so it may be thats what i have to do.

Post #441268 30th Apr 2024 3:27 pm
Kot

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Try this thread, I had my AP200 OBD tool pick up a fault on this internal sensor rear of courtesy lamp access back seat in the centre of headlining. Found dead spiders lol but it worked!!! allowed me to clear the fault. Have you tried a OBD device? to scan for faults.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic13300.ht...arm+sensor

Post #441269 30th Apr 2024 3:33 pm
cogsbody

Kot wrote:
Try this thread, I had my AP200 OBD tool pick up a fault on this internal sensor rear of courtesy lamp access back seat in the centre of headlining. Found dead spiders lol but it worked!!! allowed me to clear the fault. Have you tried a OBD device? to scan for faults.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic13300.ht...arm+sensor Rolling with laughter

tried cleaning this before driving home. didn't think to test before but did test afterwards and it sounded like it should.

ive not put an OBD on as not been able to afford one of the better ones and the cheap one i have is only good at getting limited live data.

were due a hot sunny day today so will see if that did fix it, if not then looks like i need to invest in a replacement door lock/actuator unit

update: alarms just gone off, though by the time i got to the car it wasn't saying that the door was open.

Post #441275 1st May 2024 7:29 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1