« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > RPMs drop at idle and MAP LOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
maguss4o

Bulgaria 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Barolo Black
RPMs drop at idle and MAP LOW

Hello to everyone. First post here so excuse me if I miss something and my english.

I've had a LR2 SD4 2011 Auto for 2 years now. Last year, during a Euro trip, everything was running smoothly. However, I noticed that at several junctions, the RPMs would drop from the normal idle to around 500 every 4 seconds. This occurred a few times, but everything seemed normal afterward. Then i had to replace the camshaft cover and installed oil catch can after the PCV valve. The issue resurfaced, happening at every junction. Conducted a smoke test from the air filter to the throttle body, but there was no visible leak.

I exclude the Auto gearbox as the RPMs are dropping at parking, reverse, neutral and drive, but most at Drive.

Then i found coolant leak from the EGR cooler plastic hose that was replaced. Then I replace the MAF sensor, made air path test and calibration, battery test and battery reset. The battery was repalced also 2 months ago.

I have attached the results of the air path test. Everything passed except for Idle Speed MAP LOW and Fast Idle VGT HIGH. Additionally, there is a noticeable oil leak on the right side of the intercooler that has been increasing in size since I purchased the car.

Today during medium acceleration i feel some hesitation and juddering between 1300 and 1400 RPMs that was gone after 2 seconds. I think to replace the crankshaft sensor too.

Any help or what to check next will be appreciated, especially for the idle rpms drop. Bow down It is very annoying. I don't want to sell the landy but that issue makes me crazy.

I need to drive 1000 kilometers in the next few days and I need to know if it's risky. Otherwise, I've tested it on the highway and everything seems normal.

Thank you.

Post #441477 8th May 2024 8:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1