Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Nav system info needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Dropbear

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

Quote:
alex wrote
As for the home location, just after you set it, and BEFORE switching the ignition off, get out of (exit) the program by the use of Exit button. You will see that on the upper right corner it says "Saving...". Now you will have a saved home location. The same goes for any setting you'll make.

Thanks Alex the "exit " before shutting down works Very Happy

Post #62946 9th Mar 2010 9:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tuwana

Turkey 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

alex_pescaru wrote:
Now I see from the picture on your galery that you have an older firmware on your unit.
Before sending the unit back for repairs, maybe you can try to ask the manufacturer to send you the latest firmware and in this way, by updating the firmware you will solve the problem.
I know this because my unit has a slightly different layout of the main screen: one center button is "USB/SD" and the other is "DVD". See below.
Tell this to Mrs. Ann Zeng and show her the pictures of the main screen on your unit and the updated unit.
Ask her to send you a firmware update.

Click image to enlarge

I wrote her and she replied me:
Hi
I just double checked with my engineer. We will not suggest you to
update the software. As we have ever make change to the hardware
of the units. The new software maybe not fit for your unit.
Additionally, the DVD signal can be input through AUX input.Or the
AV input.

Then I post it to her yesterday.. Off Road major rule:As slowly as possible, as fast as necessary!

Post #63064 10th Mar 2010 12:57 pm
mickhep

Any news darrellr..? Commercial S,with climate and leather retrim

Post #63355 12th Mar 2010 7:29 pm
darrellr

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

mickhep wrote:
Any news darrellr..?

I'm home and it's arrived Smile New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #63411 12th Mar 2010 11:22 pm
darrellr

The unit doesn't fit - even if it did you wouldn't be able to connect the aerial and power.

Big Cry

However I've taken the screen out of it's housing, stripped the TV cable and soldered direct. Haven't sussed out a safe way to secure to the landrover fascia yet.

I'll let you know. New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #63443 13th Mar 2010 11:41 am
lar

Russia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi, Darrellr
I soldered direct on my C725 power and the knob 'Reset'. Do you need any my helping? 
Freelander II 2,2 TD SE Stornoway Grey

Sorry for my wry English. I began to study it recently.
I'll be thankful for your corrections of my mistakes

Post #63445 13th Mar 2010 12:34 pm
darrellr

lar wrote:
Hi, Darrellr
I soldered direct on my C725 power and the knob 'Reset'. Do you need any my helping?

Not yet. Main problem is working out a way to auto-power off. The V735 is a WM6 core and so most solutions don't work. New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC

Post #63452 13th Mar 2010 2:36 pm
darrellr

Big Cry

Big Cry

Big Cry

All sorted and then CRACK the screen went as I put the fascia back in.

Censored New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC

Post #63459 13th Mar 2010 4:28 pm
mickhep

ouch.......................

so were back to the drawing board..? its a pity that the C728 was sold here in the UK Commercial S,with climate and leather retrim

Post #63460 13th Mar 2010 4:56 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

I have an urgent question and if anyone has any suggestions please put them forward:

I went by the LR Dealership to check the OEM GPS (Ms. Zeng) installation. The unit was powering up properly, but I plugged in a USB stick and later on an SD card with some music on them, the unit would just not recognize either of them.

In addition, even though the POWER and STANDBY buttons would work properly, the MENU and NAVI (I was expecting this one not to work since I don't have any maps on it yet) didn't do anything - although if I understood correctly all the buttons are usable via the right PIN connector, not the left.

I think two things might be happening:

1. The USB and SD card I put in were just not formatted in a compatible format for the unit to read.

2. The left PIN connector does not work.

The dealership claims that they tried a USB stick before I came there and it worked - but I am a bit doubtful. Shouldn't the unit at least show that it recognised a device?

Last question is, they connected the AUX out of the UNIT to the AUX in at the middle of the car via an RCA cable running along the mid panel and supposedly that would transfer sound to the car speakers. Is this correct? How do you get the sound out to the car speakers? The documentation is nonexistent on this part!

Feedback is much appreciated right now as you can realise my frustration.

R,
v

Edit: The car is still at the dealership before they deliver it to me, and since they also charged me 250 euro for installation I would like the unit to work properly Confused

Post #63865 16th Mar 2010 9:50 pm
alex_pescaru

1. The USB stick or the SD card must be formated on FAT32 format and less or equal than 2GB. This is a limitation of the CPU used inside the unit. (RMI Alchemy AU1250). Otherwise, the unit will not recognize them. Also when you change sticks/cards go through the main menu in order for the unit to refresh the content of the new stick/card inserted. In other words get out from the USB/SD menu and enter again.

2. As long as the handbrake is released (if its wire is connected), the Menu button will not work. The Menu button will work only when handbrake is ON, car stationary. It will return you in the main menu, still keeping other applications working on background. Just like a "Show Desktop" on Windows. The same goes with Navi button which will launch (again only when handbrake is ON) the navi program or will switch back to it if it was previously launched (and/or minimized with the Menu button). Of course, if no navi program is present, the Navi button will do nothing. So don't worry as long as Power and Standby will work, the Menu and Navi buttons will work too. They are all read on the same port.

3. Unit's Aux out will be connected, as the dealer has done, on the Aux input in the midle of the car. Then you must switch the car's audio unit to Aux input to hear the GPS/MP3/Movie.

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 16th Mar 2010 10:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #63870 16th Mar 2010 10:24 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

alex_pescaru wrote:
1. The USB stick or the SD card must be formated on FAT32 format and less or equal than 2GB. This is a limitation of the CPU used inside the unit. (RMI Alchemy AU1250). Otherwise, the unit will not recognize them. Also when you change sticks/cards go through the main menu in order for the unit to refresh the content of the new stick/card inserted. In other words get out from the USB/SD menu and enter again.

2. As long as the handbrake is released (if its wire is connected), the Menu button will not work. The Menu button will work only when handbrake is ON, car stationary. It will return you in the main menu, still keeping other applications working on background. Just like a "Show Desktop" on Windows. The same goes with Navi button which will launch (again only when handbrake is ON) the navi program or will switch back to it if it was previously launched (or minimized with the Menu button). Of course, if no navi program is present, the Navi button will do nothing. So don't worry as long as Power and Standby will work, the Menu and Navi buttons will work too. They are all read on the same port.

3. Unit's Aux out will be connected, as the dealer has done, on the Aux input in the midle of the car. Then you must switch the car's audio unit to Aux input to hear the GPS/MP3/Movie.

Thanks alex, I will forward the info to the dealership tomorrow morning. Really appreciate it!

Post #63875 16th Mar 2010 10:50 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

alex,

I bought a new USB stick @ 2GB, formatted it to FAT32, put some MP3 and WMF videos, went to the dealership, put it in, and still nothing is happening, the USB is not detected. Should I check for something else?

Post #63896 17th Mar 2010 12:24 pm
efthys

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

vibecy, what was the cost for installing the unit?

Post #63904 17th Mar 2010 2:00 pm
vibecy

Cyprus 

Efthys,

It was 250 euro at the Dealership (Pilakoutas), I confirmed twice with them (Michalis the salesman) and their electrician (Dimos) that warranty is NOT voided by this installation. That was the main reason I told them to install it and not an external installer. An Alpine audio installer was also invited over to inspect the overall work done, again on their own initiative which I appreciated.

They are looking forward to using the unit as well, as they have a requests for this particular GPS, after showing it to customers who came over to collect their cars.

I went by the dealership today, the car had just returned from the valeting service for cleaning and will be delivered tomorrow - so if you need more info about the unit itself, hang on for another 2-3 days until I have a play with it and will report back to you.

If you need any more Cyprus-specific info contact me via Private Message and I can help.

Regards,
vibecy

Post #63919 17th Mar 2010 4:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>