« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > New strange ticking zzz noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White
New strange ticking zzz noise

Parked the car in the garage, got out & went to boot to get shopping. The car is making a new ticking zzz zzz zzz noise. I don't like strange new noises, they usually cost!

Trying to identify this strange new noise. Eventually solved the source of the problem. It was a beetle being murdered by a Redback spider. I put the beetle out of its misery. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #436767 4th Nov 2023 9:40 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Doesn’t compare with yours but I lifted the bonnet on mine this week and the engine was covered in slugs and snails yuk most dead I think they cooked as the engine was running but they ooze slimy yucky stuff when they die,took some cleaning it did.

Post #436772 5th Nov 2023 6:31 am
SYFL2

Well I cleaned the engine cover this morning didn't think to take a pic I was so disgusted at the mess then came in had a coffee to warm up fed the dog and put my stuff away. I've left the top to the cleaner under the bonnet literally 20 minutes ago so we t to fetch it this is what I found.

Post #436784 5th Nov 2023 1:06 pm
SYFL2

I've run all this past my missis I've assumed they were coming out of the front garden at night and going up into the engine bay,shes just said it sounds like they're living in the car hmmmm

Post #436785 5th Nov 2023 1:08 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I think you need to stick the hose in all the gaps around the car, up over wheel arch liners (easier without end fittings) & flush as many out as possible.

Once dry spray with cockroach surface spray. Maybe need to do the routine a number of times once a week, until you get on top of it.

Have had a few Huntsman spiders in the car, once while we were sleeping in the car camping. Eventually managed to get them outside, alive.

Decades ago my manager was driving to work. He was a combover & felt his hair fell out of place. Brushed his hand over his head. Then returned hand to steering wheel. Whereupon on the back of his hand was sitting a Huntsman. He said he didn't know how he didn't crash the car. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #436812 6th Nov 2023 3:29 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1