« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Light Knocking sound over small bumps - please help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
av9588@gmail.com

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue
Thanks for the answers

Thank you all for your answers, I had terrible trouble with this car and the official dealer. It went back for service 11 times in 6 months. The car spent over 2 months in the shop.

I loved the car but could not live with it. I traded it in for a XC60 Volvo after I was told it needs more repairs !
The Volvo is not a 4wd in the league of the land rover, but its extremely reliable and fun to drive.

Thank you everyone again
AV

Post #69181 25th May 2010 2:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kangy

Australia 

I have developed a loud creaking sound, that can be heard inside the cabin,going over speed bumps down hill,from front suspension.

I don't accept this sound,it was not there when i bought it, think its going to and getting worst.

Went to the Dealer,my friend there says it wont do damage Question , but a bulletin is out.

I am led to believe they are going to replace the suspension strut mounts and other bits with a new improved version, that are in the recently built ones,they even had some in stock, here in Australia ,so it make think that other owners are having it done.

Just waiting for another part,so i can open the passenger door, from the inside.

Post #72288 18th Jul 2010 7:51 am
Past master

United Kingdom 

My S Reg Freel 1 front suspension used to bang going over speed bumps (from new). The 07 Freel 2 is exactly the same - I just asumed it was a Freelander thing.

Post #72319 18th Jul 2010 11:12 pm
MLEE

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mine developed what appeared to be a whining rear wheel bearing last week.

And as if that wasn't enough, half of the horn packed up!! Didn't know it was made up of 2 tones until the lower one of the 2 stopped working.
Sounded like a milk-float after that. Shocked FL2 HSE Manual in Stornaway Grey
2008 Premium Pack
19" Chrome Shadow Wheels
Privacy Glass
Xenons

Post #72321 18th Jul 2010 11:21 pm
ou toppie

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

My 07 is going in to dealer next week when the new design rubbers arrive. there is a tech bulletin from 2008 I think, re a squeak from the rear suspension caused by the top rubber moving in its location when going over humps etc. The new rubbers are supposed to not move in the same situations.

Post #72347 19th Jul 2010 5:52 pm
j77

Scotland 

ask your dealer to check the A-pillar where the panels meet at the bottom. my one had this problem, it sounds just like you describe.

Post #72361 19th Jul 2010 8:38 pm
1STFREELANDER

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

First I must say I love my Freelander, I think its a great car and makes me feel good when i drive it, But (there is always a but) I am dubious about the build quality. When I go over a sharp bump there are cracks and groans from the dash and radio, and there is some suspension noise, acceptable in a series 1/2/3 landrover(defender) but not in a modern SUV costing over £30,000. LR came last in the latest JD quality servey. Surely someone at LR (or TATA) must realise they are going to lose out to the competition (CR-V, X3, XC60) if they cannot compete on quality, and will not get repeat customers. Being the best off road is great, but not if the car is always in the garage being repaired.

Post #72493 20th Jul 2010 11:06 pm
MLEE

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

As much as I loved my FL2, the concerns raised in this thread make me realise I made the right decision to sell.

Shortly before it was sold, an AA guy came round to carry out a full inspection as arranged by the buyer.
During the 90 minutes he was here, I was asking him about his experience with FL2s and what the common faults were that he'd typically come across.
He said broken springs were a common problem as they're using cheaper metals which are much more prone to breaking.
I told him about my faulty main oil seal. He said this was also down to LR using cheaper rubber seals. Seals which are not lasting anywhere near as long as they should be.

I appreciate that items such as these can & do wear out over time, but not on a new design vehicle thats only been around for 2 or 3 years.
I will miss it, but I won't miss the constant trips to the dealers for warranty repairs.
As I mentioned before, the vehicle was sold with 2 outstanding warranty repairs - suspect rear wheel bearing & horn failure. Luckily, the new owner didn't seem phased with this. FL2 HSE Manual in Stornaway Grey
2008 Premium Pack
19" Chrome Shadow Wheels
Privacy Glass
Xenons

Post #72500 21st Jul 2010 1:34 am
j77

Scotland 

Other than the a-pillar problem my fl2 has been bullet proof. I had more problems with my disco 3 than fl2. The disco had problems with park brake and complete engine failure. First time I have ever had a warranty claim for a whole new engine. Lucky because two months later and the car would have been out off warranty and facing a £5000 bill.

Post #72586 22nd Jul 2010 1:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12