Home > Technical > Parking Sensor Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Benjy2007TD4SE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
Parking Sensor Fault

Hi all,

My 2007 Freelander has an issue with its parking sensors. It has had it since I bought the car, and now we’re on lockdown I’ve got time to have a look at it.

It has front and rear sensors, and when I plug in to view the faults, it shows I have an issue with the Rear L/H inner sensor.

Before I replaced the sensor, I checked I had a good 12v feed, ground, and that the signal wire is intact electrically. All are good.

Then I ordered the sensor. The new one arrived, i’ve fitted it and carried out a hard reset.

Sadly, I have still have a fault, with the same sensor location. This has led me to try and check/compare resistance values between a sensor from a different location, with no fault, and the new sensor.

The sensor from a different position;

Pin 1 & 2 - 32k ohms
Pin 2 & 3 - Open Circuit
Pin 1 & 3 - Open Circuit

The new sensor;

Pin 1 & 2 - Open Circuit
Pin 2 & 3 - 120k ohms
Pin 1 & 3 Open Circuit

Clearly a huge value difference, and also pin differences.

If anybody knows the values they should be, or has a definite good known sensor, I would be extremely grateful if you could possibly test and see the values that you have.

T.I.A

Ben

Post #390172 18th Apr 2020 1:53 pm
CliveS

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer by measuring the resistance between connections, they're primarily a solid-state device and the measurement you get will depend on the type/make/model of meter that you're using and the connection polarity.

What kind of fault are you getting? is it permanently on with a constant beep or not detecting anything at all?

If it's not detecting, try turning the ignition on without the engine running and select reverse, if you listen carefully you should be able to detect a ticking noise coming from the sensor, if that's not there and it's got a feed, chances are the sensor is faulty, it might also be worth swapping them round to see if the fault moves with the sensor.

Post #390292 21st Apr 2020 3:00 pm
Lee.

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The inner and outer ones are different pin configuration. Inner are 132 outer are 123

Post #390650 30th Apr 2020 2:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1