Home > My Freelander 2 > TW*T!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue
TW*T!!!!

Evil or Very Mad

I park up at work this morning and someone comes in about 2 mins after me saying, "someone had just crashed into your car!" At first I thought it was a wind up but I took his word for it eventually and went outside and found that someone had tried to park their Rover 600 in my nearside rear wheel. So now I have a lovely scuff right across my tyres and wheel and a bit on the plastic trim at the bottom of the nearside rear door.

The guy admitted liability but because he has a £500 excess, he's hoping that it comes in less than that so he can just give me the money. To be honest, I'd rather have a new wheel and new trim rather than having it repaired. My worry being that if come trade in time, the dealer notices a dodgy repair then he'll void my GMFV. I'm taking the car in after work to get a quote for both repair and replace and will see what it comes to.

Grr!! Censored 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #37373 19th Feb 2009 1:44 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

You should have chosen an even brighter colour so he had more chance of seeing your car At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #37376 19th Feb 2009 1:48 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I agree get a new wheel, tyre and plastic trim. The trim is dead easy to fit yourself. Someone damaged the trim on my front nearside door and I replaced it myself. Good luck Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #37377 19th Feb 2009 1:53 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

What a dick Exclamation Maybe he was under the influence of something? or needed new specs - In any case dont let the f Censored k get away with a 1d - take him for all you can and threaten to report him to everybody that might cane him Shocked
That type of Censored needs removing from the road (and carparks) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #37379 19th Feb 2009 1:54 pm
Carnoch

I suppose your problem is that the insurance company has the right to say if it's a repair of replace and knowing insurance companies, they will repair whenever possible. That apart, they warrant the work normally, so I wouldn't think there should be a problem come the time to hand the vehicle back. Bloody annoying mind you. I got a new Discovery 3 in January and I am just waiting for the car to get dinked in Morrisons Car Park. It doesn't seem to matter how far away I park from other vehicles, some tosser will park right next to me and as close as they can get. Had it happen in a hospital car park yesterday, when I took one of the kids in for a check up. I had no one in 6 spaces either side of me and then seconds later, this woman with a scrapper went and parked so close to me that I had to take the kids out of the other door! Maybe I am just getting paranoid, but people don't care anymore.

Post #37380 19th Feb 2009 1:55 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I hope you pretended you had got whiplash injuries!!! Laughing

Post #37382 19th Feb 2009 2:00 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I normally park next to the newest car in the car park because they dont want to dent there car doors either so they are careful getting out to 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #37386 19th Feb 2009 2:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

rover60 wrote:
I normally park next to the newest car in the car park because they dont want to dent there car doors either so they are careful getting out to

Me too Thumbs Up

Years ago, I used to park early mornings in the large empty car park at Grafham Water. Regardless where I parked, when I returned several hours later I could guarantee several more cars parked and at least one squeezed as close to mine as the idiot could get. – People have not changed at all Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #37387 19th Feb 2009 3:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Plastic trim can be replaced easily
wheel replaced, if its deep down to the alloy
the tyre scuff, if its damaged the outer wall of the tyre should be replaced

Get his insurance details and claim direct form them, you wouldn't need to claim on yours etc, take it to LR

Don't forget to put photos on the forum too Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #37388 19th Feb 2009 3:17 pm
Frobius

chicken george wrote:
You should have chosen an even brighter colour so he had more chance of seeing your car

Like ORANGE?!

Will get some snaps tomorrow. Went to LR and they said that the cost of replacing the trim and wheel for new is £404.40 all in. Going to present that to the guy tomorrow with the caveat that if the service engineers find any damage in the tyre wall, they'll replace that too and he'll owe me another ton or so on top.

What does worry me is if he says "I can't pay that just now". If he says that then I'll have to get his insurance details off him because I don't do credit!! Twisted Evil 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #37407 19th Feb 2009 6:47 pm
Rowy

Frobius

Have you been on that web site to make sure he has insurance?

I have the plastic door trim surplus to requirements (got the sports kit fitted) you pay postage??
Get a wheel of ebay-pocket the difference, Jobs a good 'en!!!

Post #37409 19th Feb 2009 6:53 pm
Frobius

Yeah he's insured.

Just had a thought.. If I do this outside the insurance company, I should get to keep the scuffed wheel right? Then all I'd need is to get a 19 inch tyre and I could have me a full size spare.. Very Happy 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #37410 19th Feb 2009 6:53 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Is it worth a call to the cops to ask if you can notify them of an accident but that the two parties are sorting it out for themselves, and ask their advice as to your worries over payment etc?

That way at least you would have a comeback if the guy waits till you have had the work done then claims to know nothing about it.

Post #37413 19th Feb 2009 8:56 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Make a cost estimate and let him pay in advance. That should sort it out.
Personally I think I wont risk it if it's a nearly new car. He shouldn't have don it and why else do you have insurance?

Post #37415 19th Feb 2009 9:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Frobius

Well he's agreed to pay in advance. He doesn't get paid till the 1st of march though so I've said I can wait that long. He's not overly happy about paying for a new wheel and trim for the amount of damage here is but given that it's nearly new and also a lease car then it's only right.

I've warned off the RAF Polive and my insurance company too, just incase come pay day he says, "uh, I still can't pay."

All I need to do is find a cheap 235/55/19 tyre for the old wheel now and I'll have a full size spare. Any ideas? Not paying for a new tyre at £170 each!! Shocked 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #37502 21st Feb 2009 11:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>