« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Water again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Little wagon

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Water again

Have had a bit of a water ingress problem for a while, have had the carpet up on drivers side and there was quite a lot of water! Cleaned and dried it all out. I have done the aircon mod and does not appear to be leaking from there. So it was alright till one night when it poured down with rain and I have the problem again! Mainly on the Right side, so have just spent a couple of hours taking out the headlining to find the hoses are on and have a White locking clip on them, assume that is a Land Rover recall mod? SO I have done a search on here and maybe it could be the door card? I do notice that when it has been raining and open the front door there is a bit of water leaks from the front corner of the door? Assumed that was the water was running out of bottom door seal. Would this door card/door seal let in about half inch of water into drivers footwell if it is not fitting right or not fitting right?

Post #375674 23rd Jul 2019 7:10 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Might be a windscreen leak, down the A pillar. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #375677 23rd Jul 2019 8:31 pm
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

If you have a considerable amount of water in the footwell it’s worth checking under the seat as well. Water can flow under the seat and gather in the well under the seat. Put the seat right back. Put your hand underneath the split between front and rear carpets to the foam. Give it a squeeze to see if any water comes out.

I traced mine to the moulding at the bottom of the windscreen drivers side. Check by running a hose over it with carpet out.

Good luck.

Post #375680 23rd Jul 2019 8:56 pm
Little wagon

After the storm of last night have been out to the car and there is a good couple of pints of water in the footwell, luckily the carpets are pulled back in an attempt to dry them Big Cry So must be around the window? But where am I going to be looking and is there anything that needs to be taken off to get there? Really starting to annoy me! As it has been a good car for the last 4 years

Post #375698 24th Jul 2019 9:26 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Can you put some food colour in some water & pour it in at specific areas one at a time. You may have a blood bath in the car but you will get a quick verdict! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #375701 24th Jul 2019 9:39 am
oldsalt

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Just off topic a little, you might try one of the cheap endoscope type cameras that connect to a phone (cheap off ebay). You'll be suprised how useful at getting to those places you can't quite see or reach. Possibly just the thing to locate your leak. Good luck with it.

Post #375705 24th Jul 2019 10:06 am
Little wagon

Sat and checked internet while dehumidifier is working and read about the roof rack, took mine off last year and thought I had replaced all bolts and taped all the holes? Whistle Anyway the one on the front drivers side is missing and you can poke a screw driver through to roof Censored Maybe? Hopefully this the problem? As I have sealed it up and yet to dry the carpets again Neutral Might be lucky this time Thumbs Up
Thank you for all the suggestions Bow down

Post #375706 24th Jul 2019 11:38 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

New Freelanders without roof rails, that front bolt hole is covered by a thin film.

Use a galvanized bolt with some teflon plumbing tape to seal the hole. Don't use a stainless bolt as the galvanic reaction affects the car. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #375738 25th Jul 2019 12:42 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Have you tried being inside looking around while someone is outside with a hose giving it a bloody good soaking! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #375741 25th Jul 2019 6:43 am
Little wagon

Not tried that yet Whistle Hose pipe don't reach that far Big Cry Just hope its fixed Thumbs Up

Post #375754 25th Jul 2019 12:45 pm
Little wagon

Seems it was the hole at the front where the roof rack was? Did not leak this time with the rain from last nights thunder storm Thumbs Up Thanks for all the advice Bow down

Post #375800 26th Jul 2019 7:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1