Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Why the discrimination on this site?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
K1W1

Why the discrimination on this site?

Why is it that this site discriminates against New Zealand and Australian Land Rover owners by not having a region specific area for us?
Is it because we are only one of Land Rovers most important and loyal export markets or are you scared that we will be able to break the new Freelander before you guys get off your little green lanes?
Very Happy

Post #325 3rd Jun 2006 5:42 am
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Because I haven't thought of adding it yet Embarassed

Would you like one? Razz

Post #326 3rd Jun 2006 9:48 am
K1W1

I guess that depends on whether you want any Southern Hemisphere particpants on the forum. Perhaps you are just trying to ban us before the next (Rugby) World Cup!
Yes please.

Post #330 3rd Jun 2006 12:00 pm
Very Annoyed

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...Kick_2.mpg
Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE Zambezi silver, Alpaca, Privicy Glass, Sun roof, PTI, Tasmod's sills, DVD for the offspring, Sex on wheels! RRSPORT.CO.UK sticker on back window! S/C grill & Vents, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, Driving lamps and mud in places you wouldn't believe!
D3 for the wife - No extras! (she has to earn them!)

I like Boobies!!!!

Post #333 4th Jun 2006 9:35 pm
simon

United Kingdom 
Re: Why the discrimination on this site?

K1W1 wrote:
Why is it that this site discriminates against New Zealand and Australian Land Rover owners by not having a region specific area for us?
Is it because we are only one of Land Rovers most important and loyal export markets or are you scared that we will be able to break the new Freelander before you guys get off your little green lanes?
Very Happy

I think you'll find that America is the most important export market for LR... they don't really care if the things are used for purpose or not.

Not that thats right at all... just a sad fact the septics are key to many manufacturers gaining decent profits.

Its the reason the D3 has so many Starbucks Holders and burger wrapper bins in the doors Wink

Post #334 4th Jun 2006 11:49 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

If you access the Land Rover GTR website for techy info it's even worse. According to that site there are only 2 places in the world - North America and the Rest of the Wolrd!

Post #335 5th Jun 2006 9:35 am
K1W1

Re: Why the discrimination on this site?

simon wrote:

I think you'll find that America is the most important export market for LR... they don't really care if the things are used for purpose or not.

I agree that in Land Rovers eyes the USA is the great hope however they will never ever be any more than a niche player in a huge market and it will take years and years and probably more money than Ford are prepared to commit to undo the percieved impression in the US of Land Rovers being overpriced unreliable British rubbish.
Nobody picked up on the other word in my original post - loyal.
On one hand there is this perception that the USA is the Holy Grail but the reality is that in the Southern Hemipshere (Southern Africa, Australia and NZ particularly) there are enormous numbers of Land Rovers on the road every day. These owners along with UK and European Land Rover owners will actually be a much easier target market for new purchases than some guy called Billy Bob who wants a new truck and is comparing a Chevy with a Ford.

Post #341 6th Jun 2006 11:39 am
simon

United Kingdom 

here here mate... on your side !

There is waaay to much focus in the world as a whole in bending over for the American consumer.

One plus side I know is Ford won a number of British marques these days - LR, Aston Martin, Jaguar etc.

Post #342 6th Jun 2006 11:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1