Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RHD Drivers side rear door central locking problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AJ918

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
RHD Drivers side rear door central locking problem

Hi all my 2014 Freelander 2 drivers side rear door central locking is not working from the key works manually from inside the car and I want to remove the actuator to assertain if a new one is required or the old one will repair. Before I start I need advise on the best way to release the drop glass from the regulator can any of you kind people advise the best way to do this. Have read all or nearly all of the threads on faulty motors but can't see any that advise on how to release the glass.

Many thanks

Post #371671 7th May 2019 9:44 pm
spanielman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
glass from regulator

hi aj, once the door card is removed remove the speaker from the door and drop the window about 75mm- 100mm you should be able to see and feel along the bottom of the glass , feeling the plastic clip , I slide a piece of metal banding 50mm wide x500mm long down the out side of the window into the plastic clip forcing the plastic nipple that goes into a hole in the glass once released lift the window up to the top runner channel and tape the window up, then you can work on removing the window regulator ,which in turn will give you plenty of a access to the door lock , a bit daunting at first but quite easy after the first one,where about in the n/west are you based ,if you need any further help drop me a line n/west myself.

Post #371725 8th May 2019 7:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1