Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > MY14 Sat Nav lost its bearings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I had the sat nav out when the car was new and fitted a screen protector over it. I’ve never seen an SD card for it tbh. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #371643 7th May 2019 7:27 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

SD Card? I was under the impression that it was a DVD based system (06MY - 12MY, or a HDD system 13MY - 15MY)

The only SD Card system that I am aware of is InControl Touch found in DS/Evoque 15MY> with standard 8" screen..... MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #371649 7th May 2019 7:59 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Aha.......is the only way to update through a main dealer then?

It appears the OP has a 2014 model, so HDD? Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #371651 7th May 2019 8:08 pm
Boxbrownie

Dartman the one wrote:
The one and only advantage to the built in navigation system is that it still computes in a tunnel when the satellites are lost, very handy in the Paris ring roads as you can pick the right lane before the satellites reconnect.
Don't know where the SD card is, only know your model has one rather than a disc

Other advantages are the entertainment sound is automatically muted when Nav instructions are given, much bigger screen than virtually any mobile, no trailing cables or unsightly mount in the vehicle and perfectly legal to change parameters on the move, either by hand or by the built in voice activation system of the vehicle. Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #371652 7th May 2019 8:15 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Cypriot dealers Sad the nav system is updated by USB stick so HDD not SD card, therefore if you are MY2014 onwards then you may have an HDD problem, https://landrover.navigation.com/cms/page....erEMEA/GBP my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #371678 8th May 2019 7:36 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Boxbrownie wrote:
Mobile phones and in-vehicle technology
Rule 149
You MUST exercise proper control of your vehicle at all times. You MUST NOT use a hand-held mobile phone, or similar device, when driving or when supervising a learner driver, except to call 999 or 112 in a genuine emergency when it is unsafe or impractical to stop. Never use a hand-held microphone when driving. Using hands-free equipment is also likely to distract your attention from the road. It is far safer not to use any telephone while you are driving or riding - find a safe place to stop first or use the voicemail facility and listen to messages later.
You may park your vehicle using a hand-held remote control app or device. The app or device MUST be legal, and you should not put other people in danger when you use it.
Laws RTA 1988 sects 2 & 3, & CUR regs 104 & 110

Touching it constitutes using, hence the danger of prosecution.[/i]

. . . . and it's in bold letters, so that makes it The Law Wink

Post #371681 8th May 2019 10:32 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Will pull out the fuses for the unit and then pop them back in.

Click image to enlarge
 MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #371688 8th May 2019 1:28 pm
Boxbrownie

Sidthecat wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Mobile phones and in-vehicle technology
Rule 149
You MUST exercise proper control of your vehicle at all times. You MUST NOT use a hand-held mobile phone, or similar device, when driving or when supervising a learner driver, except to call 999 or 112 in a genuine emergency when it is unsafe or impractical to stop. Never use a hand-held microphone when driving. Using hands-free equipment is also likely to distract your attention from the road. It is far safer not to use any telephone while you are driving or riding - find a safe place to stop first or use the voicemail facility and listen to messages later.
You may park your vehicle using a hand-held remote control app or device. The app or device MUST be legal, and you should not put other people in danger when you use it.
Laws RTA 1988 sects 2 & 3, & CUR regs 104 & 110

Touching it constitutes using, hence the danger of prosecution.[/i]

. . . . and it's in bold letters, so that makes it The Law Wink

No it’s taken from the UKGOV website, which makes it the law Wink

Very Happy Regards

David

Post #371692 8th May 2019 1:52 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

I get and understand the rules about hands free etc, but I do think there are double standards in play.

How often do you see the police driving and talking on their personal radios which require them to hold a button to speak or increase the volume to listen to a message Question 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #371693 8th May 2019 2:05 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Milothedog wrote:
I get and understand the rules about hands free etc, but I do think there are double standards in play.

Do as WE say......not as we do......and WOE BETIDE you if you dare to challenge us........

Welcome to the Communist State that is Great Britain (not allowed to say England any more - that's "racist", apparently) MY13 HSE Lux.......faultless since new.

Post #371695 8th May 2019 2:12 pm
j77

Scotland 

SouthamFL2 wrote:
Brother has CarPlay activated on his DS, and now has the option of Sygic, Waze, Google Maps or Apple Maps. In the 3 months that he has had it, he hasn't gone back to the LR Navigation system once, as all four of the aforementioned knock it into a cocked hat. Looks like this will be the future for JLR, in theory, this should reduce the list prices by not having to have their own sat Nav system installed.

Then again, this is JLR that we are talking about, so I doubt that ANY prices will ever go southwards....

Since getting Apple CarPlay I’ve never used LRs system, though their sat nav in the Velar is an improvement over previous years in terms of how it looks. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #371696 8th May 2019 2:15 pm
ronp

Scotland 

I think this won't have anything to do with yours Ed, but maybe help others.
My retro fitted Tom Tom gps stopped a few weeks ago.
Turned out it was what they called a "roll-over" (effectively its like a milometer getting to 999,999 and rolling over to 0).
I had to update the software which then reset it and everything since has worked as normal. FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #371700 8th May 2019 2:41 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Milothedog wrote:

How often do you see the police driving and talking on their personal radios which require them to hold a button to speak or increase the volume to listen to a message Question

There is an exemption allowing users of mobile radio and which includes the ploice and emergency services.

J

Post #371701 8th May 2019 2:51 pm
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

ronp wrote:
I think this won't have anything to do with yours Ed, but maybe help others.
My retro fitted Tom Tom gps stopped a few weeks ago.
Turned out it was what they called a "roll-over" (effectively its like a milometer getting to 999,999 and rolling over to 0).
I had to update the software which then reset it and everything since has worked as normal.

It was the week count that rolled over - the GPS system uses a weekly date count which goes up to 1,024 week then resets back to 0. MY13 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY11 HSE Santorini Black Gone
MY08 SE Blue, Gone
Alfa Romeo GT Gone
Alfa Romeo 156 Space wagon Gone
Volvo V40 Gone
Volvo 480ES Gone
VW Sirocco GTX Gone

Post #371702 8th May 2019 3:08 pm
Boxbrownie

Milothedog wrote:

How often do you see the police driving and talking on their personal radios which require them to hold a button to speak or increase the volume to listen to a message Question

This is true, BUT.....it’s not particularly double standards as the law allows the use of a mobile device by hand in a moving vehicle (by the driver) if the call is an emergency to 999 (or that other number no one can remember Laughing ) provided there is no where to safely stop.

And of course the Police do get special training courses for driving one handed Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #371710 8th May 2019 5:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>