Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Van driver on phone - Good response from the company
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the sooner that dashcams become standard fit, the better for all concerned. Driving standards in this country have plummeted over the last 20 years, there appears to be no courtesy towards a fellow motorist anymore, and it's become every man for himself....a bit like society in general, more's the pity.

The only problem with dashcams is, as Dorset has mentioned, the inevitable dashcam warrior that has a sad life and reports every transgression to plod. I don't know about your individual respective Forces, but here, West Mercia have opened a portal for dashcam warriors to upload footage to allow them to take retrospective action. Like anything else, it will invariably be abused by some, and given that the majority of these "Traffic Enforcement Officers" are civilians playing with their authority, cause more problems and division in the long-term.

I don't know what the answer is moving forward. Perhaps if plod stopped spending so much of their resource investigating people who call others names on Twitter et al, and got back on the roads with a visible presence like they used to do, standards of behaviour just may improve? Just a thought....

Post #370940 27th Apr 2019 9:38 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

bit like society in general, more's the pity.

THIS โˆ†โˆ†โˆ† If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

๐Ÿ‘
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #370948 27th Apr 2019 12:14 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

SouthamFL2 wrote:
As has been mentioned elsewhere, the sooner that dashcams become standard fit, the better for all concerned. Driving standards in this country have plummeted over the last 20 years, there appears to be no courtesy towards a fellow motorist anymore, and it's become every man for himself....a bit like society in general, more's the pity.

The only problem with dashcams is, as Dorset has mentioned, the inevitable dashcam warrior that has a sad life and reports every transgression to plod. I don't know about your individual respective Forces, but here, West Mercia have opened a portal for dashcam warriors to upload footage to allow them to take retrospective action. Like anything else, it will invariably be abused by some, and given that the majority of these "Traffic Enforcement Officers" are civilians playing with their authority, cause more problems and division in the long-term.

I don't know what the answer is moving forward. Perhaps if plod stopped spending so much of their resource investigating people who call others names on Twitter et al, and got back on the roads with a visible presence like they used to do, standards of behaviour just may improve? Just a thought....

Yes our force has a similar setup and as you say, thereโ€™s a risk of sad gits sending in every minor thing. I would use it if it was something more serious such as this:

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #370953 27th Apr 2019 1:29 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Christ almighty, I take it that that was a built up area/30mph zone?

Pound to a penny that was a Joe Dackey on one of his county lines runs.....unbelievable driving, and very much a fatal in the making!

Post #370956 27th Apr 2019 2:06 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Yes a 30mph limit and the sign can be seen lighting up as he goes past me (on the original video). I reported it to the police (pre-website reporting) and the car was uninsured and no registered keeper. The keeper on the system was contacted but he had documentation to say he was no longer the keeper and DVLA records had not been updated.

The police said a marker would be placed on the car for it to be stopped if seen by traffic cars. Whether it ever was I'll never know... LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #370957 27th Apr 2019 2:20 pm
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

as for your first post Doctor you should name & shame the drivers company.

Post #370960 27th Apr 2019 4:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12