Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > First Service - cost detail
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

pjelsworth wrote:
I have been phoning around to check costs as they seem to vary according to the members here, but all my local ones are consistently about £325.
Interesting from one dealer who offers £324, or £249 without Pollen Filter

My son suffers from hay-fever but given that the car is 12 months old with 11K miles and the summer we had last year, I can't think that it will need changing.

Should I go ahead without?

No point in saving money when health may be at stake Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #42968 10th Jun 2009 1:09 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/FREELANDER...iesel.html

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic2237.html...len+filter

1. tell dealer to do the non filter service but ask for discount Thumbs Up

2. ask service dept for a price for a filter . get a discount

3. ask them to fit filter for free, seeing as you have just bought it from them.

4. tell them to stop trying to take the Censored . At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #42975 10th Jun 2009 1:21 pm
spnky

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Service approaching after one year at 9500 miles on the clock, not exactly sure whats going to need replaced especailly having done under 10k but still interested for future services. Is it worth buying the oil/pollen etc filters (genuine from ebay on the cheap) and oil (recommended), leaving them in the car for them to use for the service to save a few bob?? is this worth it and should I really be attempting these filter/oil changes myself and informing them what i've done to save labour time and part costs and let them concentrate on the trickier jobs??? Thanks.

Dave

Post #128956 24th Jan 2012 10:55 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

you will be suprised what the pollen filter does not only catch the pollen particals it also catches soot particals from other road users as well you will be suprised how mutch crap is in there, Mr. Green as for priceing buy your own parts Thumbs Up ask for discount on the parts Bow down your l/r srvice dept will sell you the parts at full retail Evil or Very Mad they also make approx 45 to 55% markup on the oil so supply ur own oil then play the dealers off to each other ask if they will do price match on the labour what you put in running round will pay you dividands Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #128973 25th Jan 2012 8:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
big-al-cove

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Fuji White

spnky wrote:
Service approaching after one year at 9500 miles on the clock, not exactly sure whats going to need replaced especailly having done under 10k but still interested for future services. Is it worth buying the oil/pollen etc filters (genuine from ebay on the cheap) and oil (recommended), leaving them in the car for them to use for the service to save a few bob?? is this worth it and should I really be attempting these filter/oil changes myself and informing them what i've done to save labour time and part costs and let them concentrate on the trickier jobs??? Thanks.

Dave

hi

i see your in Aberdeen, for servicing try using

MANN AUTOMOTIVE LTD
Old Mart, Market Rd,
Laurencekirk,
Kincardineshire
AB30 1DG

Tel: 01561 378500 1995 P38 now dead
2012 FL2 GS Fuji White
winter pack
arm rest pack

Post #128979 25th Jan 2012 10:22 am
EYorkshire

spnky. you've just spent the best part of £25 grand on a car and now trying to save a few pounds on servicing Confused While its under warranty don't give the dealers any excuse to turn down a future warranty claim by penny pinching that may cost more in the long term.

Unfortunately we have to play safe with dealers during this 3 year stint because they will turn on you for the least variation from their terms, afterwards the worlds your oyster and you can do as you please. Thumbs Up

Post #128980 25th Jan 2012 10:31 am
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Hmmm... have to agree with EyupYorkshire.. You have a car worth 25-35k, in warranty, my advice would be stick to one (good) dealer, don't penny pinch on the servicing and then there's no comeback in the event of anything failing. I'd rather sustain a relationship with one dealer over the warranty period, rather than playing one off against another for the sake of £50 here and there.
AND a question... can I ask the forum (my FL2 is coming up to 12 months so I expect its first service will be flagged soon)... is an oil change a standard part of the first service schedule? Ta! ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #128981 25th Jan 2012 10:46 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

EYorkshire wrote:
spnky. you've just spent the best part of £25 grand on a car and now trying to save a few pounds on servicing Confused While its under warranty don't give the dealers any excuse to turn down a future warranty claim by penny pinching that may cost more in the long term.

Unfortunately we have to play safe with dealers during this 3 year stint because they will turn on you for the least variation from their terms, afterwards the worlds your oyster and you can do as you please. Thumbs Up

totally agree,

Iain

Post #128982 25th Jan 2012 10:49 am
EYorkshire

@piattj
Yes it is, Service schedule A https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...0Miles.pdf

Post #128983 25th Jan 2012 10:59 am
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

@EY... thanks. Wasn't aware these docs were anywhere on the forum...

On a broader note, what would be the reason for a wide discrepancy of servicing costs dealer to dealer. I'd have thought that a standard LR schedule would use same man hours, parts, consumables etc, so the price should be fairly standard across the piece. ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #128986 25th Jan 2012 11:27 am
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm on my 2nd Freelander and had loads of warranty work carried out on both vehicles without a problem. Never had a Landrover dealer carryout any services. £300 + for a service, what a rip off!

Very Happy Very Happy

Post #129050 25th Jan 2012 5:05 pm
spnky

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah perhaps i should put my tight jock ways to one side for the first three years and play by the book. Never really thought about the whole warranty compromising issue that could arise from doing bits and bobs myself.
dave

Post #129059 25th Jan 2012 5:48 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

spnky i did shop around as my previous post said you may find that your supplying dealer will want to retain your business and will price match at the end of the day has long as you have got that oval stamp in the book from a recognised dealer for the next three years warranty should not be an issue get ur quotes in and see where you go to me as long as its done by a l/r dealer i saved approx £100 by doing this its not about being a tight joc is common sense and you will have the satisfaction that your haven't had ur trousers pulled down and been sh Censored ed

stewart rainy-city
xs

Post #129063 25th Jan 2012 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
spnky

thanks stewart, got quoted £260 today so will work from that even though its alot cheaper than i expected.
dave

Post #129072 25th Jan 2012 6:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12