Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Suggestions of where to buy F1 tickets.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

More questions for those that know. My plan now is to fly out arriving on Saturday night about 9:00 and I have provisionally booked a room in the nearest hotel I can get to the airport. I plan to get a train on Sunday morning to Monaco but instead of going from the main station in Nice, there is a nearer station to my hotel, St Augustin, which is the stop before Nice Villa Gare. My thinking is that the main station in Nice will be rammed and it should be easier to board before the main station. Was going to buy my tickets in advance online via Trainline too. Does my plan seem right? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #368502 16th Mar 2019 5:20 pm
Largered

Yes that is what I did, recommended by locals, was to not board at local station, but drive out to one before (which had ample free parking) then head to Monaco main station. Same ticket price Shocked

Good Luck

Post #368504 16th Mar 2019 5:36 pm
Bibendum

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Indus Silver

Steve D wrote:
More questions for those that know. My plan now is to fly out arriving on Saturday night about 9:00 and I have provisionally booked a room in the nearest hotel I can get to the airport. I plan to get a train on Sunday morning to Monaco but instead of going from the main station in Nice, there is a nearer station to my hotel, St Augustin, which is the stop before Nice Villa Gare. My thinking is that the main station in Nice will be rammed and it should be easier to board before the main station. Was going to buy my tickets in advance online via Trainline too. Does my plan seem right?

Spot on. The further west you go the emptier the trains are. Bought our tickets direct from ACM. Tickets are extortionate but beers and sanwiches etc in the stands are good value at about eur5 a pop. Go to fan village before the race, dont just follow the signs in the station for your stand. Bars and restaurants are decent normal prices too so stay a few hours after the race too. Leave it long enough and you can walk the track. We loved it.

Post #368528 16th Mar 2019 10:42 pm
Largered

Top Tips .....

you can walk the Track on the Friday. Remember P1 P2 is on the Thursday. **

Steve ..... we will ALL get you there . Smile Smile Smile [just NOT paying for you]

Post #368532 17th Mar 2019 12:52 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

All booked! Flying out fron Stansted at 6.00pm on the Saturday, Flying home at 10.45pm on the Sunday. I’ve got reserved seats from Gootickets in upper stand T on Rascasse. Thanks for all your help. Mr. Green Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #368541 17th Mar 2019 8:44 am
Largered

When you get out of the rail station, follow the flow to the village. I tried to take a 'short-cut' and ended up going down 100 steps only to find the pathway had been blocked off. Whistle Whistle

Now that sounds good, enjoy the day.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #368544 17th Mar 2019 9:04 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Tickets arrived. Phew!

Going to get into Monaco a good few hours before the race for a walkabout and will probably visit the Royal family's motor museum. Oh, and to save the scramble and expense of getting something to eat and drink after the race in either Monaco or Nice, we're going straight to the airport and I've booked us in a lounge. All the food and drink we could possibly want and no worry about driving at the other end - the wife will be picking us up. Mr. Green Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #369115 27th Mar 2019 10:28 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Well, that was all very enjoyable. The speed those cars move at and the noise! Good job we had earplugs is all I can say. Had good seats, practically on the track with a direct view to the pit lane. Saw loads of drivers and famous faces and Hamilton made people laugh scooting up and down the pit lane on a kids micro scooter. Managed to visit the palace (stood there while Prince Albert drove right past us) and went to the motor museum. I had been there before but somehow got it wrong. It was only €3 to get in which was cheaper than I remember from last time and when the doors opened and we went through, we found ourselves in the Monaco museum of.......stamps! Surprisingly we were the only ones there.

This is a view from our seats - taken well before the race when the teams were getting their pit crews to limber up doing press-ups, stretching exercises etc. and then pushing the cars into position and practicing wheel changes.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #372678 27th May 2019 5:57 pm
Bibendum

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Indus Silver

Looks like you had a great time Cool 2019 Discovery Sport Landmark in Corris Grey
2014 FL2 XS TD4 Manual - Gone at 93k miles - great car.

Post #372692 28th May 2019 8:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12