Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Dismal, Evoque
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Well at 5ft 3 " I'm never smudging Florrie's light interior Rolling with laughter

Sheep If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #367787 4th Mar 2019 7:33 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Well, I quite like my Evoque. Yes, you do sit in it instead of on it but the vehicle itself has more ground clearance than an FL2. Apart from an electrical problem when we first bought it with the keyless entry (has a DS loan car when it was being fixed - bloody awful plasticky interior), we've done 35,000 trouble free miles in it. It came with two years LRA when we got it but I was that confident with it, I’ve been running it without any warranty since October 2017. Just servicing, brakes and tyres replaced. Obviously a different vehicle to the FL2 and aimed at a different market. Mine has the 'old' SD4 2.2 engine and 6 speed 'box, both of which are bulletproof compared to the new-fangled 2.0 ingenium engine that plenty of owners have had problems with. Mind you, mine is a Dynamic Lux and being an early one, it had the proper dynaride suspension as standard (extra on later Dynamics!) and it really is a joy to whip round country lanes. With a black leather interior and a cream roof lining coupled with the panoramic roof, I don’t find it it dark at all. Only thing I miss from my FL2 HSE is the opening sunroof and armrests! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #367790 4th Mar 2019 7:49 pm
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

I had the use of my sister in laws Ewok for two weeks while we were on holiday. (she lives in Florida).

At 6'1" I got heartily sick of either cracking my head or bending down to get in. I hated the small windows esp the rear window which is neither use nor ornament, and the boot space was pitiful. The car was a five door, but even then the roof and leg clearance in the back was very poor.

The only two things in its favour were the fact it has the SD4 engine, and that when she came to part ex her local LR Dealer was so pleased to be able to sell someone a new one (no-one wanted them where she lives) that they gave back in part ex what she had paid for it 2 years previously. Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #367800 5th Mar 2019 8:17 am
Largered

Mcsimmo, ask your sister to get the convertible next time. Whistle

Post #367806 5th Mar 2019 10:21 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Its too hot for one on the Gulf coast. Brother in law bought a convertible when they moved out there and regretted it after burning his head once too often. Rolling with laughter Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #367823 5th Mar 2019 1:03 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

I'm not too large but I feel as though I have to squeeze myself into an Evoque. Have driven several and they were horrible. But then I love my DS and have just decided to keep it for a fourth year (with an extended warranty though!). I suppose we're all different. Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #368368 13th Mar 2019 9:51 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Ive read the new Evoque has 10% more boot space - but I'm not sure just how much 10% of not very much really is. Can sometime enlighten me. Jules

Post #368381 14th Mar 2019 5:06 am
Arese

Morocco 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Why did you had a software update ? Very Happy

Post #368390 14th Mar 2019 10:26 am
Bibendum

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Indus Silver

I must be in the minority on here, but I really enjoyed the Evoque I had as a courtesy car recently.

It drove beautifully, far more agile than the FL2 and I found the seats extremely comfortable.

It isn't as practical as the FL2, yes its lower and has smaller windows but its designed to do a different job. If you don't need the boot space and want a capable day to day car its a great piece of kit. With the shorter overhangs it should beat an FL2 off road too,

I do need the boot space so have converted to the Discovery Sport. Its a great car, not as ruffty tuffty as an FL2 but far more comfortable and refined. Does what I need it to do. The only minor niggles are the reduced approach and departure angles but that rarely makes a difference for me these days.

Post #368396 14th Mar 2019 12:57 pm
s14tra

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

i am also enjoying my2015 ds.but i did make sure i brought the 2.2sd4 as i did not want the oil dilution proplems/service intervals.the ds is a nice car to drive and i find it more spacious than my13 gs which gave me faultless service for over 4 years.fingers croossed i get the same experience.

Post #368401 14th Mar 2019 4:20 pm
3disco

United Kingdom 

I love my evoque bought the older 2.2 engine as did not want all the problems associated with the ingenium engine it’s a prestige lux it has nearly all the options including ivory leather and panoramic roof and very light inside the disco4 had to go as to many stories of breaking crankshafts were freaking me out!

Post #368459 15th Mar 2019 6:58 pm
3disco

United Kingdom 

Double post.

Post #368460 15th Mar 2019 6:59 pm
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
Plus 1

I've chosen a DS over the Evoque. The pitiful boot put me right off. Panoramic roof makes it feel huge inside. 5 seater with full size spare wheel were on the wanted list so it was as practical as the FL2.

The Disco is better on fuel than my 2.2, but we now know how the oil gets used in the ingenium!

Post #368491 16th Mar 2019 12:53 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

The spare wheel/silly third row of seats are the downside. Mine was an ex-demonstrator, so I didn't get the choice, but if I buy another (quite likely) I will definitely go for the full-size spare. Here's what it looks like with a spare in the boot!

Ex AA Series III LWB Safari - Gone
300TDi Disco (bought new - terrible car) sent back after 18 months
Freelander 1 Estate - leased, given back at end of lease
200TDi Disco (bought from a mate with 100,000 on the clock) - Gone
Disco 2 TD5 - sold and exported to France
FR2 TD4 GS - Gone
FR2 SD4 HSE - Now changed for a DS
New model ex-demo Evoque S 180 in white
Unable to order a new DS, so gave up. Now have a Volvo S90 Recharge.

Post #368492 16th Mar 2019 1:20 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

See I loved the FL2, bomb proof, just worked mile after mile, brilliant driving position, proper LR, family "persuaded" me to get rid.

The Ewok that followed was the worst car I have ever owned - and I have owned 3 Reliants.
Dreadful driving position, gearbox that had no idea what gear to be in, claustrophobic, poorly kitted out (for a car bearing the Range Roer badge), just downright nasty.

I have done 30k now in the DS and it's slowly starting to grow on me to the extent that I will go for a drive, no destination in mind, possibly a cake and a coffee, just an hour or two pottering about. The boot would be huge if I didn't have a jack and spare whhel taking up half of it - ex-demonstrator 7 seater with deployable towball so nowhere for the spare to go. To be honest with the tyre presssure sensors you should get a long enough warning that something is amis long before you atually get a flat, but old habits die hard. Give her another 100k or so and I will probably be as happy as I was with the FL2 - it did take a while before I prefered the FL2 to the FL1. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #368531 17th Mar 2019 12:25 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>