Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Prince Philip Prangs His Freelander!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 12 <123 ... 789 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Sidthecat wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:
The other party is now bleating on about having had no contact with HRH, how she was expecting some flowers and that she's 'lucky to be alive'. She's got a broken wrist ffs Big Cry Ambulance chasers have got to her as 'she's' now considering a personal injury claim as she doesn't think she'll be able to work for several months. Broken wrist, not able to work?? She's supposedly a support worker, not giving much of that is she? Still if a clipboard guy can get her a few bob, why bother making the effort of trying to get to work.
With hindsight I wish I'd pressed the local bus company for flowers when their driver took the wing mirror off my Impreza

She was on Good Morning saying that although she'd been to A&E she had other injuries apart from the wrist. First mention of these. Ambulance chasers have got to her, good publicity all around. Still expressing her surprise that Phil didn't come across to check on her. Where does this woman come from? Certainly not the real world

Any decent person who was able to do so would have come across to check on her, but decent doesn't seem to be a fitting description to the arrogant old git. At least she has got a job, which is more than Phillip Windsor has, and she doesn't sponge off the taxpayer.

J

Post #364376 22nd Jan 2019 10:10 am
Mowog

I wonder why he wasn't accompanied by a copper?

If he got kidnapped by terrorists, who would pay the ransom?

Surely it's cheaper to have plod following him around ( if they could keep up with him)

Post #364378 22nd Jan 2019 10:15 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Jimboland wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:
The other party is now bleating on about having had no contact with HRH, how she was expecting some flowers and that she's 'lucky to be alive'. She's got a broken wrist ffs Big Cry Ambulance chasers have got to her as 'she's' now considering a personal injury claim as she doesn't think she'll be able to work for several months. Broken wrist, not able to work?? She's supposedly a support worker, not giving much of that is she? Still if a clipboard guy can get her a few bob, why bother making the effort of trying to get to work.
With hindsight I wish I'd pressed the local bus company for flowers when their driver took the wing mirror off my Impreza

She was on Good Morning saying that although she'd been to A&E she had other injuries apart from the wrist. First mention of these. Ambulance chasers have got to her, good publicity all around. Still expressing her surprise that Phil didn't come across to check on her. Where does this woman come from? Certainly not the real world

Any decent person who was able to do so would have come across to check on her, but decent doesn't seem to be a fitting description to the arrogant old git. At least she has got a job, which is more than Phillip Windsor has, and she doesn't sponge off the taxpayer.

J

Early reports said that someone did approach the other party so from that perspective there was little else you'd have expected of Phil and his party. Most insurers tell you not to get too involved at the scene.
Ironically in an earlier piece in a newspaper she said she'd been told not to say anything, so why expect Phil to and then go on nationwide tv?

Post #364380 22nd Jan 2019 10:29 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Money Thumbs Up 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #364382 22nd Jan 2019 10:31 am
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Regardless of what you think about Philip (or the Royals) it`s maybe worth remembering that he is 97 year old and has health issues and had just been in a quite serious car accident where he had to be pulled out the sunroof of his car and would probably have been in shock. Not a nice experience for any of those involved but it does seem that the other party is playing the victim rather well! Whistle

Post #364387 22nd Jan 2019 10:44 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

That’s exactly the point he’s 97 years old with health problems and he’s just caused a major accident and the day after drives without a seat belt,you have to earn respect even if you are royalty.

Post #364391 22nd Jan 2019 10:51 am
Navigator

Scotland 

One can hardly describe that accident as "major", had it not been for who was driving one of the vehicles it would have gone unnoticed apart from the local parish magazine. Where does it say he caused it? Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #364397 22nd Jan 2019 11:59 am
SYFL2

My common sense says he caused it he’s already been quoted as saying he was blinded by the sun,I don’t think it needs Sherlock Holmes for this one and yes I would say any accident was major if a car has turned over.

Post #364402 22nd Jan 2019 12:54 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

dondiddy wrote:
Regardless of what you think about Philip (or the Royals) it`s maybe worth remembering that he is 97 year old and has health issues and had just been in a quite serious car accident where he had to be pulled out the sunroof of his car and would probably have been in shock.

Yes, very true dondiddy. Some of the comments on this thread are not only without foundation, but ignorant at best.

Too much speculation, without facts to substantiate, simply brings out the bitter and twisted in any debate.

I wonder how some of you might have reacted on this thread had it been your own father or grandfather driving the Freelander....... Whistle

Last edited by SouthamFL2 on 22nd Jan 2019 1:40 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #364403 22nd Jan 2019 12:58 pm
SYFL2

At 97 I would have had the keys off him myself.

Post #364405 22nd Jan 2019 1:13 pm
Mowog

Fox ran out, deer ran out, faulty old Freelander......throttle stuck,brakes didn't work, etc etc...

Bright sun, forgot to pull sun visor down,

Icy road, sand on road,mud on road........

Thousands of reasons why it couldnt be my Grandads fault.

My Grandads been driving for 80 years, drives all sorts of stuff including a horse and cart.

Probably the other car caused it, shouldn't think it would be my Grandads fault.
Rolling with laughter

Post #364406 22nd Jan 2019 1:15 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

My wife was involved in a similar type of accident years ago when she was only about 25 or so. She was at fault as she pulled out from a side road and was hit by a car on the main road. ( have to assume that other car wasn`t speeding but who knows) This was just at the end of our street and she wasn`t hurt but came home very upset and in tears. Car (Micra) was a write off and was sold on as accident damaged. It was a very unlucky car as I had bought it as accident damaged and repaired it for my wife to use and it ended up being hit in the exact same place as it had been before! No Police involvement , she just exchanged insurance details and that was the last she heard about it IIRC. A moments inattention and anything can happen.
I have been driving for over 40 years and have been accident free all that time but almost had an accident a couple of nights ago whilst driving my wifes Juke as I stopped at a mini roundabout to let a car from the right make a turn then moved off and almost ended up in the side of another car that was on the bumper of the first one as I did not see it. The Juke does have a huge blind spot due to the very large side mirrors and a big door/windscreen frame but still would have been my fault if we had a collision.(thats my excuse anyway!) Rolling with laughter

Post #364409 22nd Jan 2019 1:32 pm
Largered

Mowog wrote:

Icy road, sand on road, mud on road........

You have a dial/switch for that Whistle Whistle

..... and some have it on the outside to warn others ........

Click image to enlarge

Post #364410 22nd Jan 2019 1:50 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

[quote="SouthamFL2"]

dondiddy wrote:

I wonder how some of you might have reacted on this thread had it been your own father or grandfather driving the Freelander....... Whistle

As they are 6ft under no chance of that but both would have struggled to buy one as they paid far too much tax keeping the Royal Family as well as going to war for them. Rolling Eyes My father at 6 to 7 years of age was a lookout while men tried to find any small bits of missed coal on tips while the Royals cruised around in style with full bellies. Freeloading bastards. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #364415 22nd Jan 2019 4:00 pm
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

When I were a lad.......

Not a fan of our Monarchy then? You'll be telling me you vote Labour next, and the great Mrs. T was in fact Satan!

The point that I, and others, were making is that it's incredible how many people are suddenly qualified to apportion blame, whilst the facts remain unavailable. But because he's 97 and a Royal, it's got to be his fault, right? RIGHT??

Post #364417 22nd Jan 2019 4:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 12 <123 ... 789 101112>