Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Meridian radio/satnav/phone not working.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jhgolf

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
Meridian radio/satnav/phone not working.

I’m hoping someone may have a fix or answer. I’ve searched the forums but cannot find my specific problem. I have a 2013 Freelander 2 HSE Lux with the touch screen that controls the radio/phone/sat nav etc. My car has only been used 3 times in 4 months and the journey was only about 2 miles each. Before this, it has been used on a regular basis and on regular journeys of 20 miles. The radio etc has worked fine up until yesterday. Got in, started first time but the touch screen shows phone as asked to pair with a phone but won’t go to the next screen. Sat nav just says initialising after pressing the touch screen button. The radio is greyed out, you can see it but it does not work. If you press the physical button lower down, the touch screen says audio off then press it again audio off dissapears. The reversing camera does not work either. It worked yesterday for 1 reverse but has now refused to work, this worked the once when the radio etc had stopped working. I have checked the fuses in the boot and engine compartment.

Can anyone help please?

Post #362788 31st Dec 2018 5:47 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Start with a battery reset.

What you describe is symptomatic of lots of systems in the infotainment system being locked up. On the surface it looks like CAN and MOST lock up but when ever I've had an issue like this a good battery reset usually solves the problem.

What is the battery charge level like? I suspect the lack of useage has dropped the battery level so low as to cause the issue in the first place.

Post #362799 31st Dec 2018 7:59 pm
LR2hselux

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra Black

Hard battery reset would be the first point of call after a full battery charge. Infotainment system is very susceptible to voltage issues.

Post #362800 31st Dec 2018 8:13 pm
jhgolf

Thank you for your quick replies. I’m now going to have the battery checked on Wednesday. Hopefully that will sort it.

Post #362802 31st Dec 2018 8:32 pm
nitram

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was looking for any information on exactly what you have described , only just bought my 2013 FL2 and on the test drive all was working but when i took delivery the sat nav ,phone connection, reversing sensors and radio were all out of action.
The dealer has sorted the problem and its not an issue any more but the reason he gave me was the DAB module had gone down and because all the modules are connected by fibre optic cables it will affect other things.
I hope this is of some help to you if your problem isn't already sorted .

Post #363590 12th Jan 2019 10:33 pm
jhgolf

Thank you for all the replies. It was the module. Car was 48 days out of warranty when it happen! A local auto electrician was ableto source a secondhand one and fit it for a very good price instead of the massive amount Land Rover want for a new one.

Post #367468 27th Feb 2019 3:46 pm
Bikerville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Hi, I have a similar problem with my meridian sat nav, the nav is working and so is all the radio phone and camera, the sat nav doesn't show a map just a black screen, all the settings are there inc the street name but no map, I see you say battery hard reset ! What does this mean and how to do it please ...

Post #392546 14th Jun 2020 8:20 pm
Bikerville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Hi, I have a similar problem with my meridian sat nav, the nav is working and so is all the radio phone and camera, the sat nav doesn't show a map just a black screen, all the settings are there inc the street name but no map, I see you say battery hard reset ! What does this mean and how to do it please ...

Post #392547 14th Jun 2020 8:20 pm
CJOver

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

A battery reset is when you completely disconnect the battery and allow all the systems to power down. You should leave it disconnected for about 15/20 minutes, then reconnect. It will mean that the windows and sun roof will need to be reset but everything else should be okay.

There are a number of threads that refer to this in the forum. MY13 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY11 HSE Santorini Black Gone
MY08 SE Blue, Gone
Alfa Romeo GT Gone
Alfa Romeo 156 Space wagon Gone
Volvo V40 Gone
Volvo 480ES Gone
VW Sirocco GTX Gone

Post #392603 15th Jun 2020 9:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1