Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Air con rubber
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Little wagon

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
Air con rubber

Hello Forum,
I seem to have got one of the dreaded leaks into the drivers side of my 2012 Freelander 2 HSE. I have put electrical tape over all the gaps on the roof in the hope it will slow it down? If it is indeed the roof drain and rubber? Hope that mod will last till spring or when we have some sun? Not having a garage to do any repairs!
Took the cover off by the air con today, and moved carpet a bit, shoved hand down and have around half inch of water Censored I had a look at the Black hose that goes to the plastic L bracket where the water exits. Took the hose off to check the L bracket to see if blocked, which it was not Very Happy But have looked on here and the L bracket on the photo has a cross in it, and mine does not? Assume that it is some sort of mod by Land Rover? The hose seems to be a strange shape at the end? It has a V shaped cut out in the rubber, which I assume is to allow it to go all the way down the L bracket? Which it does about 90% but leave a bit of top lip showing, so not sure it is leaking from there?
However I have sort of done a mod which I hope will work? Have cut a piece of petrol hose that fits inside the L bracket and air con hose pulled the rubber over and than put a jubilee clip on to hold it? Are there any other mods that may help? And any way of drying carpets in the winter, without a garage? Laughing
Regards
Little Wagon

Post #360123 7th Nov 2018 6:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1