Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > goodride tyres any good?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
landyzoner

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue
goodride tyres any good?

hey peeps im looking at these goodride winter tyres

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl...p=R-316206

anyone got any experience with goodride tyres?

its £305 fully fitted for a set of four which seems good for new tyres,
i went to the part worn garage and the guy said its a bit difficult getting winter tyres for my size,
but i asked him how much and he said between £30-£50 each

instead of paying £200 for part worn id rather add a extra hundred and get brand new ones, what do you lot think?

Post #359433 26th Oct 2018 3:40 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Not heard of Goodride before. Personally wouldn't dream of putting on part worns , so by comparison I suppose anything new would be better.
Unless you're really strapped for cash I'd shop around and pay perhaps an extra £25 per corner for a known brand. After all you're talking about the only four points where your 2-tonnes is in contact with the road.
It's all down to personal choice in the end, what you use the car for, budget etc

Post #359443 26th Oct 2018 5:49 pm
landyzoner

Re: goodride tyres any good?

Sidthecat wrote:
Not heard of Goodride before. Personally wouldn't dream of putting on part worns , so by comparison I suppose anything new would be better.
Unless you're really strapped for cash I'd shop around and pay perhaps an extra £25 per corner for a known brand. After all you're talking about the only four points where your 2-tonnes is in contact with the road.
It's all down to personal choice in the end, what you use the car for, budget etc

do you recommend any brands in particular?

Post #359445 26th Oct 2018 6:57 pm
Mowog

Just put Kleber krishalp3 on our Clio.

Used them before, fantastic winter tyre, makes a Clio go like a 4x4 in snow

Can't get them in 19" tyre size for Freelander though.

Post #359446 26th Oct 2018 7:05 pm
landyzoner

Mowog wrote:
Just put Kleber krishalp3 on our Clio.

Used them before, fantastic winter tyre, makes a Clio go like a 4x4 in snow

Can't get them in 19" tyre size for Freelander though.

how much did they cost?

Post #359448 26th Oct 2018 8:09 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

10th biggest tyre manufacturer ,2018,uses top technology,chinese firm,good reviews

Post #359449 26th Oct 2018 8:09 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I’ve been driving 4x4s for 35 years now . I’ve never needed a specific winter tyre. I generally use a decent All Terrain tyre all year round . Pirelli Scorpions ATR on the Freelander 2 have served me well on everything , Tarmac , Field , Snow . I agree with Sidthecat , the words budget and tyre in the same sentence scare me I’ve got to get a set of rubber for the Scooby and I’m currently considering Vredestein Quatrac 5 all season , they are £118 each mail order , delivered without fitting . , I can get Goodride all seasons for £55 each from the same supplier . That tells me all I need to know . Even plagiarising the Goodridge trade name worries me . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #359450 26th Oct 2018 8:35 pm
Mowog

But if you pop over to the Alps, it's a nick if you're caught without winter tyres.

But seriously, the difference is amazing, it must be the rubber compound in cold weather

Post #359454 26th Oct 2018 9:10 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

landyzoner wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:

Pirelli Scorpion, Michelin Cross Climate and I believe General Grabbers are popular - there are countless threads on here if you use the search facility and have a read. I've only had my Landy a year and am still on the Pirellis but prior to that ran a Subaru Forester for 6 years on Cross Climates - I don't have storage facility (or indeed here in the south such bad weather) to run separate summer/winter tyres so would look at a decent all-season tyre, hence my running the Cross Climates.

Post #359456 26th Oct 2018 9:28 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Mowog wrote:
But if you pop over to the Alps, it's a nick if you're caught without winter tyres.

But seriously, the difference is amazing, it must be the rubber compound in cold weather

I agree there is a difference in compound and It’s also a lot to do with the sipes on the tread and the way they interact with the road . At one time the Vredestein Wintrac tyre was very popular for the Freelander 2 as it performed pretty well all year round . Having said that I’d still rather put £600 into 4 top end All Terraiins , than run 2 budget £300 sets , but I’m in the lucky position where the daily commute is a distant memory and if the weather is appaling I’ll just turn the central heating up a few degrees and binge watch something on the telly Rolling with laughter 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #359457 26th Oct 2018 9:56 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

landyzoner wrote:

Ive used Kumho I'Zen winter tyres on our Fiesta and Vredestein Wintrac on our BMW 3 series - would recommend both tyres Jules

Post #359458 26th Oct 2018 10:04 pm
Mowog

MartynB wrote:
Mowog wrote:

I agree there is a difference in compound and It’s also a lot to do with the sipes on the tread and the way they interact with the road . At one time the Vredestein Wintrac tyre was very popular for the Freelander 2 as it performed pretty well all year round . Having said that I’d still rather put £600 into 4 top end All Terraiins , than run 2 budget £300 sets , but I’m in the lucky position where the daily commute is a distant memory and if the weather is appaling I’ll just turn the central heating up a few degrees and binge watch something on the telly Rolling with laughter

But when the man with the lollipop stops you, asks to see your breathalyser kit,tells you that you where nearly speeding and you're GB plate isn't to be seen. Then checks your satnav and finally, gleefully informs you that your all season tyres don't have the winter tyre marks as he writes out the ticket.
Thankfully,like you I can now stay indoors and turn up the heating, the commute to Italy every week in my wagon is also a distant memory Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #359460 27th Oct 2018 6:07 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Well I still have to go to work in all weathers and if this winter is anything like last I'll be glad that Ive good tyres on my Freelander. I'll shamelessly plug my favourite brand, General Grabber. Just put their latest pattern AT3 onto my Freelander. Ive previously used their AT2 and AT all terrains and their GT road biased pattern and all are superb. Bow down
The latest normally retail at around the £400 for 4 (plus fitting).
As others have said, Im all for saving money with motoring costs but not when it comes to tyres,
By all means buy a Chinese "Kwakamokolangulazuki" death ring ditch finder tyre that no one has heard of and let us know how you get on. THe money you save can go towards your funeral expenses! Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #359471 27th Oct 2018 9:09 am
Dave47

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

I've been driving 4X4 vehicles since the 1970's and got through our winters on standard A/T tyres,
BUT having now had winter rated tyres on a D2 and now the Freelander I certainly would not want to go back to A/T's for everyday winter driving, the difference is amazing.
For me Premium brands with good press reviews all the time,
and the Goodride! model, that Chinese company have been making tyres for 40 years and I can't find any decent
reports though, http://www.goodridetire.com/
Strange their website starts with GOOD LUCK with your ride!! Shocked
Dave DAVE.
I.A.M. F1rst Driver.
Gone 2003 Discovery TD5 Auto,
Gone 1986 Defender 90 Station Wagon
Gone 1984 Range Rover 3.5 Vogue Manual.
Gone 1970 Series 11A/3 SWB 3.5 V8 Hybrid
Gone 1964 Series 11A LWB Van
Gone 1966 Series 11A SWB Van
Gone 1964 Series 11A LWB Station Wagon,

Post #359488 27th Oct 2018 2:32 pm