Home > Technical > Audio Connectivity Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
butlerpeter

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black
Audio Connectivity Module

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting hold of one of the audio connectivity modules (VPLAE0001) to fit into my XS.

Has anybody fitted one of these? Is it a difficult job to do?

What functions does it give when connected to the ipod - I've read that track selection etc can be controlled from the steering wheel, do you also get anything displayed on the radio screen - track name etc?

Also - does anybody know of a guide to fitting one of these? I've looked through the fitting instructions on the Land Rover owner info website but didn't find them the clearest things to follow.

Cheers

Peter

Post #36252 4th Feb 2009 10:32 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

worth speaking to the site sponsor for a discount or Nick at Yeovil Land Rover

As for fitting i have no idea, i think its similar (if not the same) as the D3 one, they seem to put guide up, so try a search over there too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #36268 4th Feb 2009 12:12 pm
butlerpeter

Thanks for the info npinks - I'll have a look at the Disco forums and see if I can find anything there.

Before I get as far as buying the kits I want to try and get an idea of whether I'll actually be able to fit it myself and what (if any) benefits I'll get from it over connecting the ipod up throught the aux connector.

Post #36271 4th Feb 2009 12:26 pm
another one

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just fitted one to my car and works fine but not fantastic. Sound quality good or as good as using the aux socket and you can change up and down tracks using the steering wheel controls. I bought mine on e-bay for £60 brand new and it is the older model that comes with a cradle for your ipod. The new one only comes with a connector in the glove box.

It was easy enough to fit and the instruction are very thorough, i can scan them in if you want. You need a torx driver kit and a socket set but other than that its easy, about an hour and a half.

I wanted it to free up the 12v socket in the back for the kids dvd's but dont think its worth the £180 list price, keep a lookout on ebay as i have seen a few come up for under a hundred pounds.

Post #36305 4th Feb 2009 8:21 pm
butlerpeter

Thanks for that - I'll keep an eye out.

For less than 100 I don't mind if it isn't the perfect solution - i.e. no display on the radio screen etc.

Don't suppose you could pm me the details of the seller you got it from - so I can see if they have any more at any point?

Cheers

Post #36331 5th Feb 2009 8:57 am
morrisgf

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have the ACM VPLAE0001 installed in my new Freelander. It works just fine. I also installed a Brodit cradle on the centre console to put my iPhone in. So the connecting cable comes from the glove box to the cradle. Only negative point is that the AUX connection is not functional anymore. Is this normal or did they forget to plug it back in somewhere behind the dash ? Thanks.

Post #36349 5th Feb 2009 10:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sammythedog

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Orkney Grey

Fitted one of these over Christmas, pretty staight forward really just follow the instructions (the freelander2 section is toward the rear of the fitting guide).
Not sure if it's worth the price though (give Nick a ring at Yeovil Landrover, he'll email you the inst guide to have a look at before you buy and give a discount).
Main benefit is that your ipod charges whilst pluged in and is tucked away in the glove box out of sight. Track selection OK but could'nt get the playlist selection working (via the phone buttons) also no display of tracks etc on headunit.
I'm using a couple of 2g nano gen1's so might work better with new'er versions.

Post #36388 5th Feb 2009 5:31 pm
carvalho

Portugal 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi all.

I recently had fitted to my 2007 TD4 HSE this ipod control unit (VPLAE0001 - cable to dock connector in the glovebox).
The car was in the dealer last week and they upgraded to the latest software. They told me so...

The sound is the same compared to direct connection to aux connector (via ipod dock connector).
But operating the ipod is a pain in the ...

I have the ipod 4th Gen and the iphone 3G and in both the radio doesn't show playlists, track's or anything. Just AUX INPUT.
Is this normal?
Why do I need the cable connector if I need to see the ipod to play a specific playlist or music?
It's far more useful if I have the ipod under my eyes...

Regards.

Post #40774 20th Apr 2009 1:18 pm
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I had ordered the audo connectivity module, but when I collected my car this week, I was told by the dealer it is no longer available.

Does anyone know why? Have their been problems with it?

Still have the standard aux socket.

Post #43690 22nd Jun 2009 10:58 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

oakwood wrote:
I had ordered the audo connectivity module, but when I collected my car this week, I was told by the dealer it is no longer available.

Does anyone know why? Have their been problems with it?

Still have the standard aux socket.

Or he forgot to order it? 

Post #43692 22nd Jun 2009 11:05 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

if its the ipod interface, there cradle ones where discontinued and then these became a cable

I would check with another dealer or contact "the large one" who is the parts manager at Yeovil LR who will tell you wether its current or not

if its still available, get your dealer to install it FOC Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #43693 22nd Jun 2009 11:33 am
The Large One

Hi Guys

Thge ACM has not been discontinued it has been temporarily held from sale
With the new 3G iphone coming out LR have taken the initiative to have all the stock they have of this unit re-flashed with the very latest software by the manugacturers.
They should be back on sale in the next couple weeks
I will ask LR if they have a firm date on re-release

nick If i sell it for that i'll be out of business in a week..

Post #43725 23rd Jun 2009 7:06 am
Clandeboye freelander

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Narvik Black

Hi folks, I'm a newbie here so cut me some slack 'till I get into the way of things please.
I've just ordered a '10 MY Freelander2 GS, and want to have full phone/ipod integration with my iPhone 3g. What do I need?
I'm not a techie, so plain speak would be best,
Thanks,

Ken Proper cars.
See me also at Clandeboye defender on Defender 2

Post #47187 4th Sep 2009 2:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

i believe the MY2010 GS' come with the telephone compatable radio now so the phone side is sorted

You can get a lead that fits within the glove box to allow charging and tracks to be played via the radio AUX setting, you can also contol forward and back and volume on the steering wheel controls.

The problem is I don't think Land Rover have released the new versions that will be compatable with the newer iPhones

You might be best to ring 'The Large One' who is the parts manager at Yeovil Landrover for the latest stock info and possible forum discount. Call 01935 476 660 and ask for Nick Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #47189 4th Sep 2009 2:46 pm
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Does the UBS port on the audio module only accept 4Gb or less?. Has anyone tried to use over 4Gb key and what happens.
Also can you see the folder and file structure of the USB key on the radio screen (similar to what you see when you use a mp3 cd). Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #51440 3rd Dec 2009 9:50 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>